38yo new member with questions

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
darknight

38yo new member with questions

Postby darknight » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:46 pm

Guys, new to this forum. Joined on Monday and can already see how supportive you guys are from the replies to my post in the Introductions and Hellos topic.

Been dealing with ED for 5+ years now and am currently trying the trimix injections, but have also been considering a 3 piece implant, specifically the AMS 700 series. Got some questions that many of you could probably help answer by sharing your experiences…
1. Does the AMS700/Titan look like a natural penis?
2. With the implant, does your penis still feel the same as the natural penis (ie can you feel that there are two distinct rods in your penis)?
3. Can you masturbate easily with the new dick?
4. Did you lose any of your reproductive abilities after the surgery (ie can you still get a woman pregnant if you ever want to)?
5. What do your partners have to say about oral sex? Do they still enjoy it? (I would imagine it may not feel the same as a natural penis)
6. Has anyone here with a plus size dick/implant ever had issues post-surgery getting a rock solid erection (I am curious about that because of my length and girth, I feel I may need a larger than average size reservoir to hold enough fluid to be able to fill the rods)

I am sure I will think up other questions but these are just some of the main ones on my mind. Thanks
38 year old guy. Been dealing with ED for about 5 years... Due to venous leak. Tried pills previously and currently on trimix injections. Now trying to decide whether to get an implant.

ED2013

Re: 38yo new member with questions

Postby ED2013 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:57 pm

Welcome! I was implanted at age 35 and I'm happy. You are doing the right thing researching an implant. ED does not get better with time. Injections can cause scarring.

David_R

Postby David_R » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:02 pm

1. My implanted penis looks natural both uninflated and inflated.
2. My penis feels the same as a natural penis (the only time I can feel those rods are when I am holding my penis to pee).
3. Masturbation is the same with an implant.
4. I cannot get a woman pregnant because I had (1) a vasectomy and (2) a prostatectomy (the implant just makes your penis hard, that's "all").
5. Oral sex is fine with my implant and my wife enjoys it like she always has.
6. [not applicable]

darknight

Postby darknight » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:22 pm

David_R wrote:1. My implanted penis looks natural both uninflated and inflated.
2. My penis feels the same as a natural penis (the only time I can feel those rods are when I am holding my penis to pee).
3. Masturbation is the same with an implant.
4. I cannot get a woman pregnant because I had (1) a vasectomy and (2) a prostatectomy (the implant just makes your penis hard, that's "all").
5. Oral sex is fine with my implant and my wife enjoys it like she always has.
6. [not applicable]

Thanks man. Very helpful. To no. 2. From your reply it appears that if someone holds it to give you a bj , there person would be able to feel the rods too. Does that sound about right?
38 year old guy. Been dealing with ED for about 5 years... Due to venous leak. Tried pills previously and currently on trimix injections. Now trying to decide whether to get an implant.

darknight

Postby darknight » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:25 pm

ED2013 wrote:Welcome! I was implanted at age 35 and I'm happy. You are doing the right thing researching an implant. ED does not get better with time. Injections can cause scarring.

Thanks man. How long have you lived with the implant? Which type did you get?

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:47 pm

Welcome, Darknight.

I am on a mobile device so cannot answer in detail, but you will get a fuller "feel" for your answers if you set aside some time, get a large mug of whatever you sip when you sit and think and cruise through past posts. Don't forget to use the search function.

When I first joined, I asked a lot of questions, of course, but also read through three years of past posts on every thread that had titles that looked pertinent to my situation. Both approaches have their merits with the deep penetration of reading into the past very much worthwhile. At the very least, you get answers from people who no longer participate, but did leave VALUABLE experiences behind.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

darknight

Postby darknight » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:07 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:Welcome, Darknight.

I am on a mobile device so cannot answer in detail, but you will get a fuller "feel" for your answers if you set aside some time, get a large mug of whatever you sip when you sit and think and cruise through past posts. Don't forget to use the search function.

When I first joined, I asked a lot of questions, of course, but also read through three years of past posts on every thread that had titles that looked pertinent to my situation. Both approaches have their merits with the deep penetration of reading into the past very much worthwhile. At the very least, you get answers from people who no longer participate, but did leave VALUABLE experiences behind.

Thanks lost sheep. I've been doing that since before I joined the forum and you are right it takes a while

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:36 pm

And remember, no question is stupid or unimportant. Ask them and someone will try answer them to the best of their ability.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:00 am

Here are my answers, I know this is a little repetitious, but here we go:

1. Does the AMS700/Titan look like a natural penis?
ANSWER: yes, AMS is pretty natural, but your flacid will be larger than your pre-implant flacid (you will be a "shower" instead of a "grower") Note, to simulate what an implant is like, you should get a trimix injection induced erection, then masturbate and ejaculate, then observe your penis after ejaculation. The shaft will be hard and the glans (the tip or head) will be soft. This is sort of what an implant is like. The video of Dr Karpman's patient (we call the video "the horse" because the guy is well endowed) can be found at the URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls1fe7jRAzo

With the implant, does your penis still feel the same as the natural penis (ie can you feel that there are two distinct rods in your penis)?
In the flaccid state, If an AMS, feels quite naural, with a coloplast, you might feel the crinkles of the cylinders, but that is not a problem. In the erect state, feels like a really strong erection (ie, the cylinders are there, but you like them)
Can you masturbate easily with the new dick?
ANSWER yes. I am a little less sensitive along the undersurface of my penis, but that is improving, and was never much of an issue
Did you lose any of your reproductive abilities after the surgery (ie can you still get a woman pregnant if you ever want to)?
The implant does not change your reproductive ability. Your semen and sperm are not affected.
What do your partners have to say about oral sex? Do they still enjoy it? (I would imagine it may not feel the same as a natural penis)
If an AMS, oral sex for the woman is likely just like sucking a regular dick. If coloplast, they might notice the cylinder crinkles. However, if the coloplast is inflated just to one third strength, it will feel like a nice engorged penis to the woman. And it feels really exciting since it can go to broomstick hardness. This being said, some women like oral because they can first hand observe the erection process. That dose not happen with an implant (you pump it up). There is a discussion on this on FrankTalk in the thread titled "making her man hard -- a wife's perspective"
6. Has anyone here with a plus size dick/implant ever had issues post-surgery getting a rock solid erection (I am curious about that because of my length and girth, I feel I may need a larger than average size reservoir to hold enough fluid to be able to fill the rods)
If you are larger, than a coloplast titan might be better than AMS (but that is hotley debated). Certainly, the reservoir size chosen will be proper for the cylinder size. An implant which is working will give a rock hard erection regardless of the length.

Note, there is a good video explaining the differences between coloplast and AMS at the following:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PPId-OVzag
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

David_R

Postby David_R » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:57 am

darknight wrote:From your reply it appears that if someone holds it to give you a bj , there person would be able to feel the rods too. Does that sound about right?

Well, I don't know since I haven't done that. ;)
But my wife says that it feels completely normal to her, which is the important thing for me.

Return to “Implants”