Revision

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
alibaba

Re: Revision

Postby alibaba » Sun May 21, 2017 2:15 pm

TANGERINE wrote:godspeed to you --- I sincerely hope that everything goes really well.

PS: please ask your surgeon to determine exactly what went bad with your ywo year old Titan, and then please tell us about it....most importantly, is there anything we should do or avoid to try to increase lifespan of the implant.

Agreed. It seems there have been too many Coloplasts fail at 1-3 years lately and many have had the tubing connections fail. I would also like to hear what's up ( really not up but anyway.......) with yours. Cheers man. Heal fast.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Charlie999

Postby Charlie999 » Wed May 24, 2017 12:19 pm

Many thanks to my gracious brothers. I am now post 2 days, with my dick sticking straight out, and you know the rest. Took 2 hours to remove the old and replace. Dr Carrion did a splendid job as far as I can tell. Also, Tampa general is a super hospital. Wish all were nearly as good. The reason for implant failure was a leak causing the bulb to go flat. Two possibilities-- manuf defect or surgeon hit a tube with scalpel. The very thought of going thru the rest of life without sex was unbearable, so I really had to do it. For you all who are thinking about it - do it. If you are at the bottom of a well, and someone throws you a rope - GRAB the rope! The implant is the rope...

Many blessings to all you,

Charlie
85 married 36 yrs. implanted by Dr. Paul Perito June 14. Complete revision by Dr. Ralphael Carrion May 17 because of leaking Coloplast.

Lost Sheep

Coloplast mode of failure

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed May 24, 2017 1:30 pm

A prominent implant surgeon wrote to npme that Coloplast's more common mode of failure is the tubing or connections. That Coloplast does not manufacture thise components themselves.

AMS makes all the parts, so their tubing and connections fail less often, but the inflatable, being more flexible and a more complex constuction is the more common mode of failure.

Having said that, he went on to opine that the service lives between the two makers devices seem to be comparable.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

shaman

Postby shaman » Thu May 25, 2017 6:44 pm

How are you doing charlie999?

Dr Carrion did my revision April 21, he is a volume surgeon,very nice, answered all my questions, great experience, the only thing I missed was the instructions they give you when one is realease from the hospital. I question this and he said it was done intentionally. The nurse that came to my house should have done everything I needed.
If I had to do it again, I would probably stay in the hospital overnight, since this was a revision, I thought I had all my bases covered. Driving 4 hours after the operation was not as easy I thought it would be.
Dr Carrion Answer my emails and called me to check how I was doing.
His father practiced in Miami, retired, he was a precursor for implants in 70's.
Have speedy recovery
Shaman
Implanted August, 2015 - AMS LGX. -
Revision April 24, 2017 by Dr Carrion - University of South Florida (USF)
Titan 22cm + 1.5 Rear Tip Extender

Charlie999

Postby Charlie999 » Thu May 25, 2017 11:18 pm

Hi Shaman - I am doing ok so far. I stayed in the hospital overnight, and I'm still in the Westin hotel. Will go home to kissimmee tomorrow. Wife will drive, and it is only 1.5 hour journey. I really feel for a guy who has to do this thing alone. I know it must be tough. I don't see how you managed a 4 hour drive. That too was tough. Sure hope you a doing better by now.

Dr Carrion is quite a guy. Great surgeon and appears to know his stuff. Very nice gentleman as well. His staff is also top notch. I had heard of him, and decided to go with him, and if problems happen, he is not far away. I really hate the airport and hotel hassle.
I have heard that a revision is not as bad as the first time. Right now, I don't believe that.

Hope you continue to recover and get on with your life.

Blessings,

charlie
85 married 36 yrs. implanted by Dr. Paul Perito June 14. Complete revision by Dr. Ralphael Carrion May 17 because of leaking Coloplast.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Thu May 25, 2017 11:22 pm

Awesome!. Glad you are doing well. Keep it up. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Return to “Implants”