Pump Inflation /Deflation Technique

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
IJN1324

Pump Inflation /Deflation Technique

Postby IJN1324 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:02 am

From Dr. Kramer

Inflation: grip the device and control it with one hand, to stabilize it, while the other tries to inflate the bulb. Draw it down to the bottom or lowest point that the pump can go to, because it'll help you control it and get a good grip on that bulb, better than if it floats higher in the scrotum. Then, to inflate- it requires one pretty firm and quick squeeze, or "pop" to get it going, and out of the dormant state that it's in now. Maybe try squeezing slightly hard for the first pump, or quickly, and completely- to get it going. Subsequent squeezes are easier, but that first pop is hard to get sometimes. You can pump it as hard and as many times as it'll allow to get it rigid. I'll review with you.

Deflation: you'll need to really pinch that deflate button above the pump bulb, but remember it could turn or twist in any direction, so it's hard to tell until I examine you which orientation the pump is in, and where exactly that deflate button is. Feel around see if you can locate it with you fingers. It is a raised bump, it's always above the pump. It's easier to feel that bump, like a little pellet sticking out, if you draw down and pull down on the pump, because that button is always up, or above it. If you can, often you need to really squeeze that button all the way in and hold it for 5 seconds, sometimes while squeezing the penis initially to know if you've gotten the button or not. It's really more of a "pinch" that a squeeze- it takes real equal and opposite force on both sides of that pump, while pinching that deflate button, to get it all the way in. You'll feel a little hum or buzz as you get the button, because you'll feel fluid cycling back from cylinder to reservoir.
700 LGX 21+2 Kramer 4.12.17

Otto78

Re: Pump Inflation /Deflation Technique

Postby Otto78 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:19 am

I get the pop but can't get it to work after. Deflating for me is easy. There are times I can get full squeezes in and nothing happens. Could they be false pumps where it is just air? I have an appointment to see Kramer on Monday. It will be 9.5 weeks post surgery by then. Frustrating that I can't figure this thing out. He got it to work back on 4/14 but no luck for me. Anyone have suggestions?

mtnbiker

Postby mtnbiker » Wed May 17, 2017 11:48 am

Otto78 wrote:I get the pop but can't get it to work after. Deflating for me is easy. There are times I can get full squeezes in and nothing happens. Could they be false pumps where it is just air? I have an appointment to see Kramer on Monday. It will be 9.5 weeks post surgery by then. Frustrating that I can't figure this thing out. He got it to work back on 4/14 but no luck for me. Anyone have suggestions?

I have issues with my LGX pump quite often however what seems to help when it won't inflate is to hold down the deflate valve for a second or two then release, wait a second then squeeze the bulb again and most times it will start to inflate. The bulb can be frustrating as hell just keep working it and it will get easier over time.
Implanted on December 28, 2016 by Dr Kramer with a 21 CM AMS LGX. 47 years old and have been dealing with ED due to Venous leak since my 20's.

ccrider

Postby ccrider » Wed May 17, 2017 12:07 pm

Otto78 wrote:I get the pop but can't get it to work after. Deflating for me is easy. There are times I can get full squeezes in and nothing happens. Could they be false pumps where it is just air? I have an appointment to see Kramer on Monday. It will be 9.5 weeks post surgery by then. Frustrating that I can't figure this thing out. He got it to work back on 4/14 but no luck for me. Anyone have suggestions?

Have you tried to reset the valve by putting two fingers on either side of the deflation block and then squeezing for 4-5 seconds, then hitting the deflate button? That's what I do when the pump won't "pop" for some reason...
...69 years old, married over 30 years, serious ED for around 10 years. AMS 700 LGX 21 cm +3 cm RTE implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer on Dec 7, 2016.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Wed May 17, 2017 12:10 pm

I am, in general happy with my AMS. But God grief, their pumps are a big issue.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Return to “Implants”