Girth lost with LGX Implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ED2013

Re: Girth lost with LGX Implant

Postby ED2013 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:04 pm

mtnbiker wrote:
ED2013 wrote:Have you measured your girth while fully aroused?

Yes, that is how I confirmed that I now have shorter girth

That sucks! Hopefully you'll regain some size in time. If not, when revision time comes, go for the titan.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:08 pm

mtnbiker wrote:
sliphill wrote:You guys got me concerned. I'm thinking about an implant, but wow, I can't afford to lose any length of girth. :shock:

I believe I made a mistake going with a LGX so if I can help anyone else not make this mistake it is worth it to me to have posted this thread.

Thanks, I appreciated that. I have heard good things about the titan. If I should decide to get one, I'm going to insist on the titan.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:57 pm

sliphill wrote:
mtnbiker wrote:
sliphill wrote:You guys got me concerned. I'm thinking about an implant, but wow, I can't afford to lose any length of girth. :shock:

I believe I made a mistake going with a LGX so if I can help anyone else not make this mistake it is worth it to me to have posted this thread.

Thanks, I appreciated that. I have heard good things about the titan. If I should decide to get one, I'm going to insist on the titan.

I would not insist based on anecdotal evidence. AMS does not have 70% of the market for nothing.

Each maker has strengths and weaknesses. Consult with your surgeon and take advantage of his/her experience and judgement. Also, do research among many patients' experiences and medical journals if you do want to weigh in with your own insistence.

Dr Eid wrote that he does not determine which implant (maker and model) until after examining the patient's anatomy during the surgery. Different conditions of the tunica apparantly has a big influence on best choice.

Just my two cents worth.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

RichardTheFrog

Postby RichardTheFrog » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:28 pm

I got the LGX. I don't seem to have lost any girth, although I haven't activated yet. From the looks of things, it wouldn't surprise me if I gained girth.

Dr. Kramer assured me I would lose no girth or length.
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 2/22/17. 18 cm AMS LGX with 2 cm RTE's (total 20cm).

Activated 3/11/17. Best decision I've ever made.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:10 pm

RichardTheFrog wrote:I got the LGX. I don't seem to have lost any girth, although I haven't activated yet. From the looks of things, it wouldn't surprise me if I gained girth.

Dr. Kramer assured me I would lose no girth or length.

Ok, that's good. I guess I need to do research.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:35 am

mtnbiker,
I would suggest that since you didn't get the "modeling" (scar tissue) that that is preventing some expansion in the girth.

Your expectations at this point ... are a little too much. Wait until you pump daily for 6 months before determining your girth (limit) ...
Does the Titan really expand significantly more then the LGX? The AMS rep said that the LGX can expand to 18 MM and that the Titan can go to 18.3 MM. I sure hope I didn't make a mistake going with the LGX.
Yes the Titan does expand more ... The LGX expands from 12 mm to 18 mm ... where 6 mm = 1/4" each for a total of .5". There is no fixed limit on the Titan girth expansion ...

Titan Implants use different girth cylinders according to cylinder lengths:

14cm & 16cm length = 17mm girth
18 cm length = 21mm girth
20 cm length = 21mm girth
22 cm to 28cm length = 22mm girth

AMS700 LGX cylinder girths are 12mm, inflate to 18mm
AMS700 CX cylinder girths are 12mm, inflate to 18mm
AMS700 CXM cylinders are 9.5 mm and inflate to 14.2 mm (for men with Peyronie's disease)

Note: you can not compare your girth after injecting to pumping an Implant since it does not increase the swelling of the glans
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

mtnbiker

Postby mtnbiker » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:20 pm

Bionic_by_AMS wrote:mtnbiker,
I would suggest that since you didn't get the "modeling" (scar tissue) that that is preventing some expansion in the girth.

Your expectations at this point ... are a little too much. Wait until you pump daily for 6 months before determining your girth (limit) ...
Does the Titan really expand significantly more then the LGX? The AMS rep said that the LGX can expand to 18 MM and that the Titan can go to 18.3 MM. I sure hope I didn't make a mistake going with the LGX.
Yes the Titan does expand more ... The LGX expands from 12 mm to 18 mm ... where 6 mm = 1/4" each for a total of .5". There is no fixed limit on the Titan girth expansion ...

Titan Implants use different girth cylinders according to cylinder lengths:

14cm & 16cm length = 17mm girth
18 cm length = 21mm girth
20 cm length = 21mm girth
22 cm to 28cm length = 22mm girth

AMS700 LGX cylinder girths are 12mm, inflate to 18mm
AMS700 CX cylinder girths are 12mm, inflate to 18mm
AMS700 CXM cylinders are 9.5 mm and inflate to 14.2 mm (for men with Peyronie's disease)

Note: you can not compare your girth after injecting to pumping an Implant since it does not increase the swelling of the glans

Thank you for the helpful info I do appreciate it.
Implanted on December 28, 2016 by Dr Kramer with a 21 CM AMS LGX. 47 years old and have been dealing with ED due to Venous leak since my 20's.

Return to “Implants”