Help me find a doctor. Found One !!!!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
tukusmax

Re: Help me find a doctor. within 300 miles

Postby tukusmax » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:08 pm

OK, I got into Shreveport, La. this evening and will meet Dr. G. Henry in the morning for my initial office visit. I hope I'll like him as much as some of you seem to. I'm using the WiFi in the motel right now. My DSL, at home, was mistakenly disconnected and won't be fixed until Thursday, so I won't be able to follow up till after then. But I will let y'all know what happened when I have the chance.

I'm a little apprehensive and lot excited about this appointment. ;)

Ron

tukusmax

Re: Help me find a doctor--latest update on Dr.Henry

Postby tukusmax » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:03 am

:D My wife and I just got home from Shreveport (9-19-11). I’m typing this up while it’s fresh in my mind as I won’t be able to post it until Wed. night or Thu. when my Internet is to be reconnected.

We met with Dr. Henry this morning; we were very pleased with him, nice guy with a good reputation and a lot of experience. As he was going over my history, I told him about my adventure with the VA and he responded saying “ah a hero!” and wrote hero, with underlines, on the bottom of his notes. I’m thinking ok I am a vet. and I was in Nam, but a hero? But if it makes him feel better, oh well. So we continue and he agrees that he WILL do the surgery and WILL implant an AMS LGT 700. He keeps saying how excited he is that I’ll be his 1st “hero” and repeats it a few times and keeps saying how he WILL be doing my surgery. I’m thinking, “If my Blue Cross approves it”.

Dr. Henry tells us that his Scheduling R.N. will call me in 3 or 4 days to set up the surgery date. I asked when they expected to get my insurance pre-approval (one of the main reasons I was there)? He responded that they wouldn’t be using my insurance, as I will qualify for “Project Hero” and the VA will cover it. He just got qualified for this program 2 months ago and I’ll be “his 1st”. It seems Project Hero is a pilot program that is being tested in 4 regions of the USA and we are in one of those regions. The VA is attempting to cut the backlog of specialty surgeries, so the VA has contracted with Humana Ins. to administer this program at a negotiated rate. If anyone is interested in more information go to the vet.gov web page and search project hero.

It looks like about this time next month I’ll be recovering OK, Y’all! and wondering, “why the heck did I do this?” I’m shooting for 10-19-11 (?), I don’t know about him but Wed. is his surgery day) as that’s the best for my wife’s work schedule but he may want to do it sooner (it seems weird to say that after being put off by the VA for so long). Wow, my Dr. of choice, surgery in the next few weeks, no insurance co-payment or deductibles, what more could an Ol’Guy ask for?

Have any of you guys been contacted by an AMS rep. pre-op? Dr. Henry gave me his name and phone # and said that if he didn’t call me in a few days to give him a call. Y’all think he’s gonn’a try to sell me some aluminum siding for my house or sumpen? I may be stupid and dumb but I aren’t no fool, anyway got this good ol’boy came through these parts a while ago and gave me a swell price to resurface my driveway. He done a good job and it looked gooooood! Till the 1st rain. Rain started and that boy was nowhere to be found, and nether was my driveway. Maybe he’s a gonn’a just want to sit and jaw about that pumpie, tubie, pointie thing that he wants me to buy from him, I ani’t gonn’a cut him loose ‘till I get a key ring, so he’d better prepared, I WANT MY KEY RING!!! (and maybe a sticker? Or best yet a super cool pattern for a LGX700 tattoo to across chest, that would way to cooooooool!

It’s getting late and I’m starting to feel a little loopie so will end for now.

I WILL keep y’all posted.

Ron :D :lol: :D

hockey

Re: Help me find a doctor. latest update Dr.Henry

Postby hockey » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:26 am

Tukusmax!
WOW!
Good for you!
Thank you for your service to our country!
Good things do happen to vets and they should.
Thanks for sharing and please keep us posted.
67 yr's young. Loving wife and 4 children 7 grandchildren. Type II diabetic for 9 years. Could retire but love my job and the people I work for. Pills, Pumps & Injections all failed. Implanted on 9/2/11. I am now "Bionic":)

antelope

Re: Help me find a doctor. latest update Dr.Henry

Postby antelope » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:06 am

Congratulations, my man, and yes, thank you for your service. It seems things are looking "up" for you and we're all cheering. BTW, I think a tattoo of a massive erect throbbing penis would look really nice on your torso. You might get some funny looks in the gym or at the beach, but who cares?

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

tukusmax

Re: Help me find a doctor. Latest update Y'All

Postby tukusmax » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:41 pm

“I’m shooting for 10-19-11 (?)”

I heard from Dr. Henry's office today and I guess I was a bit optimistic about the date, he's booked until the the start of Nov. The problem is that is when our son has leave prior to deployment to Afghanistan. So we'll be in California 'til the middle of Nov., seeing him and family. I guess it'll be sometime around the last half of the month, oh well. :roll:

Anyone have an idea how old I'll be when this whole thing happens?

Ron

tukusmax

Re: Help me find a doctor. Latest update Y'All

Postby tukusmax » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:50 pm

Happy Birthday to me!

I got my call from Dr. G. Henry’s (Shreveport, La.) office this afternoon. I am scheduled for surgery on Oct. 26, 2011. The VA approved my surgery back in June and I still can’t get a date from them. I saw Dr. Henry a week ago last Monday and have a firm date already. AND it’s all being done under the Project Hero program and the VA will pay the bills 100%.

Right now I feel excited. I’m not sure what I’ll feel as the day gets closer but right now, I’m looking forward to it. :lol:

Ron

antelope

Re: Help me find a doctor. Found One !!!!

Postby antelope » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:56 pm

Congratulations, Ron! Dr. Henry has an excellent reputation. Keep asking questions as the day gets closer--you know there are lots of guys here who can help.

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

tukusmax

Postby tukusmax » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:59 pm

Latest info. Found out today that the Project Hero thing isn't going to work for me, it's a procedure deal. But I was pre-approved last week by Blue Cross, and they cover 100%. So it's still Dr. Heny on 10-26-11.

:D Ron
Last edited by tukusmax on Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

antelope

Postby antelope » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:01 pm

Closed door, open window. Blessings abound!

dmikesaw

Postby dmikesaw » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:26 am

Great news about the "hero" thing paying for your implant - congrats. However, I sincerely hope you don't lose as much of your penis (length and girth) as I did.......... A few guys seems to have better results in this regard than most of us; maybe you will be one of them - think positive!

Good luck!

Return to “Implants”