my catheter fell out...........

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
dmikesaw

my catheter fell out...........

Postby dmikesaw » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:59 pm

I was supposed to use a syringe the next day (after the implant) to withdraw the fluid holding the catheter in place, in order to then remove the catheter. While inserting the syringe into the catheter it just fell out on its own. Anyone else experience this? The surgeon told me not to worry about it because the fluid holding the catheter in place was simply harmless saline solution.

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Re: my catheter fell out...........

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:25 am

This bunch of guys has probably had more catheters than any group on the net. Sounds like your bulb leaked and yeah, it's harmless saline. Catheters are much scarier and serious to patients than they are to docs. Must have been a bit of a shock though. And it does feel a bit odd, doesn't it, when the cath comes sliding out? Many guys have to insert a catheter just to pee 5-6 times a day. most docs say as long as you are peeing, you are fine. But good that you called your doc. There are upsides to having a catheter...you can drink as much beer as you want and not have to miss a moment of the ball game on tv by going to the bathroom...
Paul

Return to “Implants”