Aiming for at least 3 o'clock erection. Hard to do?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Boca Grande

Aiming for at least 3 o'clock erection. Hard to do?

Postby Boca Grande » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:39 pm

I saw a video from Dr. Perito yesterday. One of the pictures is an inflated implant pointing down at like a 4 o'clock position. Is this an acceptable outcome? I'm wanting my surgeon to at least get me to 3 o'clock. Is that too much to ask with a skilled surgeon? (note: Dr. Perito is not my doctor.)
ED problems started around age 50, getting progressively worse. Received a Coloplast Titan, with the Genesis pump, implant on June 12, 2017 at age 68. Diagnosed with venous leak and scar tissue prior to surgery. Surgeon: Rafael Carrion, Tampa, Florida

dg_moore

Re: Aiming for at least 3 o'clock erection. Hard to do?

Postby dg_moore » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:59 pm

With a correctly installed implant, you should be able to start at 2:59 and have what you're looking for by 3:00. (Sorry, couldn't resist that one). But seriously, barring some sort of anatomical issue you should be able to expect a 3 o'clock erection..
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:18 pm

I asked a doctor about that one time. To me 2 o'clock or so is ideal as it fits matching the natural erection from before. He told me that 3 or below is a classic example of the implant being undersized.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:56 pm

Checkout the photos and I am at 3 whenever I pump up. Even flaccid I am about 2:30 and a flag pole when on my back. Top photo is taken on edge of bed and it is about 2:30. Go to Dr. Kramer if possible as my recovery was far better then I ever expected. Always go to the best doctor you can reach. Good luck
Attachments
IMG_0713.jpeg
IMG_0713.jpeg (29.37 KiB) Viewed 3033 times
picmonkey_image.jpg
picmonkey_image.jpg (45.98 KiB) Viewed 3033 times
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:50 pm

On my back pumped to the max it's 2:00. Standing up 'doggy style' 3:00.. perfect! Works for us. 8-) 8-)
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:47 am

alibaba wrote:I asked a doctor about that one time. To me 2 o'clock or so is ideal as it fits matching the natural erection from before. He told me that 3 or below is a classic example of the implant being undersized.

What your doctor said is nonsense. My size is almost the same as before the colon operation (reason for ED) - which means there isn't anything undersized. My dick points to 4 o'clock - a fact I dislike. I guess it has something to do with the RTEs, but on the other hand there are people with RTEs and a dick pointing 2 o'clock and others without any RTEs and a dick pointing 3 o'clock or even 4 o'clock. It might also have something to do with age and anatomy.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

David_R

Postby David_R » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:04 am

strongagain wrote:It might also have something to do with age and anatomy.

That's my feeling. Even with the natural erections of youth, guys' erection angles vary a lot, with some pointing toward the navel and almost touching (or actually touching) the belly, while others point at 2:30 to 3:00 to 3:30 to 4:00. One of the many variations in that wonderful organ the penis. :D

merrix

Postby merrix » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:14 pm

strongagain wrote:
alibaba wrote:I asked a doctor about that one time. To me 2 o'clock or so is ideal as it fits matching the natural erection from before. He told me that 3 or below is a classic example of the implant being undersized.

What your doctor said is nonsense. My size is almost the same as before the colon operation (reason for ED) - which means there isn't anything undersized. My dick points to 4 o'clock - a fact I dislike. I guess it has something to do with the RTEs, but on the other hand there are people with RTEs and a dick pointing 2 o'clock and others without any RTEs and a dick pointing 3 o'clock or even 4 o'clock. It might also have something to do with age and anatomy.

Well Strongagain, I don't think what Alibaba's doc said is nonsense.
It is however not the only reason. It is one possible reason for a down-pointing erection. The ones you mention are other reasons.
So you're both right I'd say.

My understanding on the angle is based on talking to Eid about it, reading, and my own experience. Hence, I make no claim to know the absolute truth. And so can nobody else.

I had an extreme angle to start with. Even in my semi-inflated post-op state my dick basically pointed straight up when standing. It made pissing almost impossible...
When I started cycling (day 13) my 'flaccid' pointed at around 3:00-3:30. Erection 1:00-1:30.
Eid said right after surgery that my erection would have an extremely good angle. If I remember right - and I think I do - he said the main reason was the angle of my crus, but also that my crus was deep, i.e. a larger than normal part of my implant was inside my body. Logically this would give the whole implant more stability.
He also told me that over time, more RTEs will make the implant 'wobbling' and not be as rigid. This is an effect that takes time to appear though.
Another interesting point is that my angle changed. As said, it was around 1:00-1:30 in the beginning. But after activation, I had issues with my 3:30 flaccid. To be able to wear clothes, I had to force the penis down into my underwear. This changed the angle from the 1:00-1:30 to to today's 2:00-2:30. So I say this is another factor. I would recommend anyone wanting to maximize angle to keep the penis pointing up 24h per day for several weeks after surgery, or till the flaccid freely hangs down. Never force/bend it.
In my case it didn't matter. I actually prefer 2:00 to 1:00. But if I had changed my angle from 3:00 to 4:00, I'd have been pissed off.

So I think it is fair to say that several factors influence the angle. Probably no one knows which factor is the main factor.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:46 pm

The way it was explained to me ( I ask questions when I see a doctor), the top side of the penis has a ligiment that runs the length between the cavernosas. The length of that is fixed to a certain extent. The swelling in the cavernosas or in the case of an implant push from the below side of the penis. The longer that is, the more it pushes it upward being the top side is "tethered" for the lack of a more precise description. A short implant or one that does not expand in length enough cannot push it high enough against the tethered top side. It makes sense. bottom gets longer than top, it pushes it up.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Return to “Implants”