JB's implant journal

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jonbaldbg

Re: JB's implant journal

Postby jonbaldbg » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:41 pm

Lenny1965,

I would suggest the model in advance with your doctor. They do have somewhat different functions. The only one that expands in both girth and length is the LGX. That's what my doctor chose because I'm kinda small and did NOT want to lose any length. They say Coloplast is harder, even when deflated. From what I can tell of my LGX at 20% inflation is that it is going to be PLENTY hard. It's weird touching the little guy and seeing that he is no longer soft when flaccid.

Talk to your doctor!! :D
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:47 am

Rev. JB,

Just checking on your progress. Pics looking good. Hope pain and swelling has 'diminuendo' and your doing 'grandioso'! :)
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:25 pm

ddbryan1972 wrote:Rev. JB,

Just checking on your progress. Pics looking good. Hope pain and swelling has 'diminuendo' and your doing 'grandioso'! :)

I'm still tender and I have activation on Monday. Dr. K says it is ok to take pain meds 20 minutes prior to activation. as you know mine rides a little high and I have a small scrotum. The deflate valve rests at the left base of my penis and that spot is kinda sore sometimes, when I bend over or when my pants put pressure on it. I am assuming this will continue to improve as the weeks go by.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:53 pm

Rev. JD,
We're all praying Monday will be a fantastic day. :)
Rev. Donnie .
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:57 pm

ddbryan1972 wrote:Rev. JD,
We're all praying Monday will be a fantastic day. :)
Rev. Donnie .

Thanks man. I hope to have a successful activation followed by some "hard on" pics on my journal!!

Lenny1965

Postby Lenny1965 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:50 pm

JB (& anyone else), you said about 32 days from surgery to activation? And thanks for the note about taking pain meds 20 mins before; which i'll defnitely do. Thanks
Going with AMS in nov 2016. Provider is Coastal Urology Assoc, Brick, NJ, Dr. Kevin T. Gioia

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:11 am

Lenny1965 wrote:JB (& anyone else), you said about 32 days from surgery to activation? And thanks for the note about taking pain meds 20 mins before; which i'll defnitely do. Thanks

You're welcome. I am going to try to have my son drive me to the doctor since I will be doubling up on the pain me for the activation visit.

Pain meds have never been a problem for me, but a year ago for the first time, I passed out due to a combination of taking a pain pill, allowing, not hydrating all morning, and allowing myself to get too hungry. It happened in church at about 11:30 and they dismissed the crowd and called an ambulance. It happened again two weeks ago and the commonality was the empty stomach. The first time I went to ER and spent the night and met with numerous doctors including heart doctor. They found nothing and could not explain the cause of the "vasovagal syncope." This last time I was standing in a store in a checkout line with my brother-in-law who is a firefighter and trained EMT. He's seen the symptoms before, the subject begins to sweat and then passes out. He says it's low blood sugar. So, I'm believing him. I will never again allow my stomach to get empty after taking a pain pill.

Therefore to be safe, I'm hoping my son will be able to drive me the one hour trip home from the urologist.

ValPinto

Postby ValPinto » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:40 pm

Jon-
Your pictures of how you look just in the flaccid state, even for 4 weeks, is just fantastic. I mean... you look absolutely normal. Regardless of how your inflation goes (I'm sure it'll be fine) you healed like a champ, clearly had no complications, and have a finished product that is a totally concealed and perfectly normal/natural appearing unit. So you've got all upside (no pun intended) when you see the doc to get activated, you clearly "succeeded" as far as getting through surgery, picking a good surgeon, and doing what you had to do to get yourself maximally healed.

A general statement about these implants in general, I think about it when I see your pictures there- it's amazing to have a reservoir, pump, and two cylinders inside you and all it took was that little cut in the balls, and in 1 month you look as totally normal as you do there. Sure, props to Kramer who did a major league job for you, but to anyone out there thinking this is such a "big deal", look at these pics- it's like nothing happened 1 month later.

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:45 pm

ValPinto wrote:Jon-
Your pictures of how you look just in the flaccid state, even for 4 weeks, is just fantastic. I mean... you look absolutely normal. Regardless of how your inflation goes (I'm sure it'll be fine) you healed like a champ, clearly had no complications, and have a finished product that is a totally concealed and perfectly normal/natural appearing unit. So you've got all upside (no pun intended) when you see the doc to get activated, you clearly "succeeded" as far as getting through surgery, picking a good surgeon, and doing what you had to do to get yourself maximally healed.

A general statement about these implants in general, I think about it when I see your pictures there- it's amazing to have a reservoir, pump, and two cylinders inside you and all it took was that little cut in the balls, and in 1 month you look as totally normal as you do there. Sure, props to Kramer who did a major league job for you, but to anyone out there thinking this is such a "big deal", look at these pics- it's like nothing happened 1 month later.

Thanks, ValPinto!! On the Friday after my Wednesday surgery, Dr. Kramer came to my hotel room, because I wanted to continue laying around all day as instructed. He took one look at me and said, there's no risk of infection, there's no way you can mess that up. So I guess the healing did start off well and continues. I only have a little soreness left and some of that is on the scar and I know that will go away. When I activate Monday, I will just have to make sure Dr, Knoll doesn't pinch that scar!!

Once I get to inflating, I plan to post pics and I will re-post my pre-surgery pick with Peyronies. That may give some guys hope.

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:03 am

OK. It's the big moment of truth. In a few minutes I will leave for Nashville, one hour away, for my activation. I'm a little nervous but eager to see what Dr. Knoll thinks of everything. If all goes well, you'll be seeing a new pic here and can track my entire journey and therfore know what to expect from a Kramer. (Sounds like Seinfeld doesn't it?) I've decided that's what I'll call the operation, "A Kramer." It's like an "2 1/2 men" when Charly"s :) mother had a butt lift with Dr. Shankman. She said, "It's a Shankman!"

All you bionic brothers have a great day. See you after the doc appointment.

Return to “Implants”