Correlation between RTE's and Deflation?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
FlaDon

Correlation between RTE's and Deflation?

Postby FlaDon » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:25 am

There have been many posts regarding "auto-inflation" or "backflow" after deflating the implant. I have experienced this myself, but there are also men who have no problem deflating resulting in a natural looking flaccid penis. So I began wondering if the guys who have no 'backflow' issue are also ones who have one or more RTE's (Rear Tip Extenders) installed with their implants? Here's my theory: since approximately half of the implant cylinder is "buried" proximally, there is no way to squeeze the fluid out of it, and therefore the fluid flows back into the area of the cylinder inside the penis, resulting in the backflow. If RTE's are installed, there is less fluid in the proximally placed cylinders, since more room is taken up with the RTE's and squeezing the fluid out of the cylinders will result in more fluid being squeezed out, with less fluid in there to flow back. On first glance, it seems to make sense to me, so what do you guys think? Could this mean that RTE's are advantageous or that perhaps the cylinders should be re-designed so that there is no fluid in the proximal portions of the cylinder (for example, if they were pre-filled with silicone?).
63, Central Florida area, ED for two years. Implanted with Coloplast Titan Touch (22 cm w/ no RTE's) March 23, 2015 in Daytona Beach by Dr. Martin Dineen.

merrix

Re: Correlation between RTE's and Deflation?

Postby merrix » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:09 am

Interesting post. Good question. And a good theory.

My view:
In my case, your theory doesn't hold. I have no RTE and I have no problems at all with auto-inflation or back flow.

I had in early days, but I am sure that was mostly due to swelling (fluid) still present after surgery. I deflated the saline back to the reservoir, which did not flow back. But the swelling fluid, which was also temporarily squeezed out of the penis, did of course flow back.

I also had a shitty deflation technique. I couldn't use the one-touch function of the deflation valve. Do 't really know why, but maybe the valve was just too hard and needed to be broken in. I had to hold the valve while deflating. So I held the deflation valve button with my right hand while I squeezed the penis with my left hand.
Nowadays, deflation is so much easier. I just press the deflate button firmly once, and then I don't do anything. I just go to sleep. When I wake up, my penis is 95% deflated. In the morning I most often squeeze it before I press the bulb once to reset the valve.
But sometimes I don't even do that. I just leave the dick as is in the morning for the whole day. And I still don't get any auto inflation.

So when I hear all people talking about auto-inflation, I just think that they either recently had their surgery and their backflush is body fluids, not saline.
Or if they have had their implant long enough to exclude that option, they are not operating their valve correctly, there is something wrong with their implant, or it was not installed correctly.

Why otherwise don't everybody (including me) have this problem?

Regarding your RTE theory, my conviction is that they are a bad thing. Well, at least bad as in it would be better to avoid them if not absolutely needed.
Reason? A fixed, non-deflatable part back in the crus will over time expand it. That will lead to a less tight fit which will cause the wobble effect, a.k.a. the hinge effect, i.e. a dick with a hard shaft pointing down in a nasty angle and that can be bent up and down with little or no resistance. Like a stick taped to a wall.
The best implant is the one who resembles a natural penis the most. A natural erection is blood filled from glans all the way back. There is no fixed, always full, part in the rear end.

But who knows?
Anyway, as I said, good post, good question, and good theory. Even though I think it's wrong.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

maxxxxx

Postby maxxxxx » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:33 am

I have not auto inflation... Titan touch 24cm no Rte.
My deflation method: i squeeze the penis and hold the deflation disk peessed with other hand for all the time (+ -10 second).
This is my penis 95% deflated..
Titan 24cm . December 2015

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:56 pm

I had an AMS 700 CX with RTE's (5.5cm). Doc said using RTEs in the implant gives me maximum length and allows the pump to hang low. With RTE's my implant was 23.5cm (7 inches pumped to the max). No fluid in 5.5cm of my implant. I totally deflate and no back fill issues. ;)
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:06 pm

I wouldn't know about backfill or flaccid penis. Dr. K left me at 20% inflated and I assume it is still like that. I know this, my dick is hard even though it is not erect. So those cylinders are either hard, or there's some 20% inflation going on with me.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:16 pm

Rev. JB,
Your left partially inflated to make cycling easier and give you max length. My stiffie nearly drove me crazy! :x It was all worth it after the Dr. told me why.
Keep healing brother, 8-)
Rev. Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Return to “Implants”