Malleable Implant Questions

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
hockey

Malleable Implant Questions

Postby hockey » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:02 pm

For a whole host a reasons mostly related to past surgery complications as it relates to my health my Urologist and my dear wife
have decided along me that the Malleable Implants are the way I should go. I really do not disagree with them. It wasn't what I had
figured on but my Doctor, whom I completely trust, has convinced me I will be happy with them. I know my wife will be much more at peace
with the surgery. If Mother ain't happy ain't no one happy! :D

I have been advised it can be done with a local and as a outpatient. Surgery last about 20 minutes. I can go home in a couple of hours.
My surgery is scheduled for Sept. 2, 2011. Doctor says I can return to work in 2 days. I am scheduled for a weeks vacation the week of Labor day.
Should be plenty of time to fully recover.

My questions:
1. Is there anyone on FT had these implanted? :roll:
2. Your experience good--bad--or otherwise :?:
3. How long after could you get back into sexual function? :P I will be sure and ask my doctor this question.
4. Any problems having hard wood 24/7? :oops:

I am sure I'll have more but this will get me started.
I trust the people on FT to be forthright and honest. :P

Hockey
67 yr's young. Loving wife and 4 children 7 grandchildren. Type II diabetic for 9 years. Could retire but love my job and the people I work for. Pills, Pumps & Injections all failed. Implanted on 9/2/11. I am now "Bionic":)

knotreel

Re: Malleable Implant Questions

Postby knotreel » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:10 pm

There has not been much discussion lately about the "one piece" implant. I hope that you are satified with it and more importantly the Mrs. I will be looking forward to reading your reports on the operation and the result. The surgery shoul be easier on you than the three piece.
Ron
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:16 pm

Hockey
Sorry about not posting earlier. I have a call into both Implant makers and they are.getting back to me. I have one contact who has one. I have emailed him.
We will get you someone...do not fear.
Paul

hockey

Postby hockey » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:02 am

Thank you!
I appreciate your efforts.
67 yr's young. Loving wife and 4 children 7 grandchildren. Type II diabetic for 9 years. Could retire but love my job and the people I work for. Pills, Pumps & Injections all failed. Implanted on 9/2/11. I am now "Bionic":)

Return to “Implants”