Well I did it!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
beachbum

Well I did it!

Postby beachbum » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:21 pm

I had a Dr'. appointment last Monday. We discussed what was going on and what was new with me. I told him the pills really didn't do much more than what I could without them. Also told him I had went into AFib and had the conversion and now was taking nitro for chest pains. That took out upping the pills. We talked about the other options, VED, injections, muse. I said the pump didn't work either. He Didn't seem too hot about injections or muse. He did mention implants too. I said that was what I was looking for. So any how we talked and I said I would talk to my wife.
Well today I went back to the office and got it started. Insurance is no problem. Medicare and my gap insurance covers it. Now waiting on the cardiologist to OK coming off of blood thinners for a week or so. So as of right now it's on for the 24th. of this month. We could have done it on the 17th. But he is doing another one on the 24 so that would make it easier for all. The AMS rep will already be there. The Dr. will have every one there already for the other one. And it gives time for the cardiologist to OK it. So now I HAVE to talk to my wife. LOL I have to get her to go along with it. I need a ride home from the surgery.
So now we wait.
71. ED for about 10+ years to one extent or another. Implanted 9/14/2016 AMS CX 18+3 Fl/ Ky

David_R

Re: Well I did it!

Postby David_R » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:30 pm

I hope everything goes well for you, brother.

RugbyDave

Postby RugbyDave » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:16 am

Hope all goes well and you get everything you want.

Dave
Diagnosed at 49 with PC - Biopsy Gleason 3+4=7
Radical Prostatectomy 14/07/08 - PSA now undetectable
ED since op
Implanted with AMS 700LGX - 26/07/13 @ UCLH London
http://rugbydave.blogspot.co.uk

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:13 am

Congrats sir! I hope all goes well for you. As I mentioned, my wife was not particularly in favour of the surgery. As it turned out, part of her reluctance was that she was too embarrassed about the whole thing and didn't know what to tell her work colleagues and our daughters. I actually do need hernia surgery so we went with that. She didn't want to take the time off work on the two days of surgery/recovery which would mean having to give an explanation to the boss. To gain some support on the home front I saved her the embarrassment and drove myself to surgery and home again. The two hour trip home was not fun at all, heck, just getting out of the hospital building was an ordeal, but it all worked out and we do use the implant, maybe not as often as I would like, but isn't that always the way? :lol: :lol: You never know, you may regain more than your self esteem! Good luck!

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:51 am

Thanks all. Im hoping all goes well myself. We are both retired so there isnt much need to have to tell. But if we have to we'll use the hernia excuse. The good thing is that it's not more than half hour from the surgery center to me house.
71. ED for about 10+ years to one extent or another. Implanted 9/14/2016 AMS CX 18+3 Fl/ Ky

David_R

Postby David_R » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:11 pm

beachbum wrote:if we have to we'll use the hernia excuse.

I told people that I was having a urological procedure, and everybody shut up cuz they didn't want to know any details. ;)

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:34 am

I told people in general it was a follow up to my cancer surgery.....closer friends and family know.....many "young professional women" know.....
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

REM1947

Postby REM1947 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:37 am

Hope it all works out great for you. I am have my surgery on Sept 12th. I'll open up a new post so I can let everyone know what is happening.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:25 pm

Well I have been putting off the update about my surgery. I didn't want to jinx it. But here goes. I was scheduled for the 24 of Aug. But I found out that was my mother in laws 98 birthday so I had to reschedule. Plus I hadn't heard anything from my cardiologists about stopping the blood thinner. So we reschedule for the 14 of Sept. 12 more days. I went and talked to my Dr yesterday about it and about some questions I had. He answered all of them to my satisfaction plus. Found out he inflates to 50% the day of surgery but the day after when I come back to have the catheter removed he deflates it completely. And there was no position that I need to keep it in other than supported. What ever was most comfortable. Also I could shower within 24 hours. Activation would be around 4 weeks but I think it will depend on the healing and pain. Maybe sooner, maybe later. Asked him about losing any length and he said i shouldn't lose any. He said he would do everything he could to make sure of that. And he said that I will get the ams 700 lgx. I felt pretty good going in to see him and felt even better when I left. He took the time to talk, and answered everything and asked was there anything else I needed to ask. No rush no hurry and took his time to explain what he was doing. Said its about 25 to45 minutes for the surgery. Then revovery and then go home. He does 3 or 4 a month. Has a AMS rep there so has all the implants he may need. So again I really feel good about this. He is the same Dr. that did the prostate biopsy and the green light laser pvp to reduce the size of my prostate and that worked out very well and no pain at all other that the catheter. So thats the update for now. Like I said I hope this doesnt jinx it.

Return to “Implants”