Urine / Pee slight leak after peeing

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Andy47

Urine / Pee slight leak after peeing

Postby Andy47 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:21 pm

Since my Coloplast OTR was replaced (22 Dec 15. Original implanted 6th Sept 15) I have had a slight dribble of pee after having a pee. No other leaks at all, and never have had, but always needed to shake hard to remove any pee still in the tube. I did not have this with the first implant, so no ideal why I have this time. I have been doing the pelvic floor exercises. I'm hopeful, as only 5 weeks post op, this will stop? Any like experiences?
Best regards,

Andy

alibaba

Re: Urine / Pee slight leak after peeing

Postby alibaba » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:33 pm

I've always had to milk the last bit of dribble out for 10 years. Been worse in the last 6 months as I'll leave the urinal in a public restroom and have to go right back for another little bit. MUCH MUCH less of an issue if I pee sitting down which I won't do in a public restroom. Have a brother-in-law with the same issue and he sits too. A friend of a friend had an implant 13 months and 3 weeks ago and he said the doc insisted putting in an artificial urinary sphincter in at the same time as the dick implant telling him an implant would make it worse so he did both. Only one I've heard of told that. He did both. Loves the AUS but much dissatisfied with the dick implant. Last email he still was not happy.. I can't seem to milk mine dry right now, maybe if I can get it more flaccid at some point, but for the time being not much issue pointing up. Had a doc tell me that dribble was no issue until you go through more than 3 pads a day. Clearly he never experienced it firsthand. Hopefully your issue will resolve as things settle. be well. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

bselfsc

Postby bselfsc » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:23 pm

boy had to chuckle... just had a Titian Touch installed Dec 7... this was to replace AMS 2stage Ambicor... i had installed almost 10 years ago... back then I had AMS AUS installed and it helped a lot but not perfect... still heavy pad a day... so scheduled Coloplast Virtue sling... and o..by the way lets put in new implant old one not working.... well I am very happy with implant... is great... but not sure sling helped at all,,, have second follow up this week to discuss what went wrong....all was great when swollen ..LOL.. stress incontinence is back ...cant milk it dry...

RugbyDave

Postby RugbyDave » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:46 am

Had the same problem - I was told by my nurse to push up slightly behind the scrotum at the end of peeing, lifting everything slightly.

Works for me and gets that last bit out.

Dave
Diagnosed at 49 with PC - Biopsy Gleason 3+4=7
Radical Prostatectomy 14/07/08 - PSA now undetectable
ED since op
Implanted with AMS 700LGX - 26/07/13 @ UCLH London
http://rugbydave.blogspot.co.uk

Andy47

Postby Andy47 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:38 am

Thanks Guys!!

I agree the sitting down helps a lot! Fortunately, no need for a pad.. And I hope not. I have used a bit of tissue and give a squeeze after the X amount of shakes.. As inferred, OK at home, but can be a pain, and difficult when out and using a public / restaurant loo / washroom!

As said, after first implant no problem, but the second implant has currently left me with this slight problem but hopefull to win through.. If I win through I share all what I have done as It may help others.

I'll keep the pelvic floor exercises going and hope this helps.
Best regards,

Andy

TEBozo

Postby TEBozo » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:15 pm

I have the issue. Lifting the scrotum for a slight "tilt"? I'll try that.

Sometimes, I delay peeing so long that I am about to wet my pants. It's happened twice.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:02 am

I understand it well as do most who have had prostate surgery. told my wife about 3 weeks ago that it sometimes sucks to realize I plan every trip by where the restrooms are and have a mental list of what franchises are clean and which are not. place I go for last 8 years, the first thing we do is identify where the RRms are. Sitting is the only way I can not have issues. Hope things get better for you. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Andy47

Postby Andy47 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:55 am

I can hold on Ok most of the time, and don't use pads. If however I need to go, and I had to cough or sneeze i could do have a slight leak. As mentioned my current issue is the d.r.i.b.b.l.e... after having had a pee. I'll try lifting the scrotum up.. I guess just raise all straight up and hold for a few seconds and "shake rattle and roll".. I'll also keep up with the pelvic floor exercise that I did for about 2 months before my prostate was removed, and I was fine with no leaks. Maybe I'm just luckier than some..
Best regards,

Andy

billylee

Postby billylee » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:18 am

RugbyDave wrote:Had the same problem - I was told by my nurse to push up slightly behind the scrotum at the end of peeing, lifting everything slightly.

Works for me and gets that last bit out.

Dave

I was told to do this also by a local urologist. It does help. Sure helps, I just do not need to be in hurry in "putting it up". b
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

Cooper2008

Postby Cooper2008 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:31 pm

Wow! I thought I was alone withe the leaking issue. I continue to use pads or liners to avoid the undesirable wet spot. I will try the scrotum lift. Thank you for sharing.

Return to “Implants”