Kentucky

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
beachbum

Kentucky

Postby beachbum » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:30 am

Hi. New to the forum.
A little about me. Be 65 in June. I've had ED from one extent or another for 4 or 5 years. No useabe erection for the past 2 years. It seems like the head /gland is always cold to the touch. I've tried the pills with mixed results. Used/use a pump with minimal success. Can pump up firm and with the ring stay firm for a little while untill pressure is put on the shaft then I lose it. The ring seems tight enough so I don't think that the problem. So thats not the answer. I just had green light laser surgery for BPH 6 weeks ago and all is well. Had a scare when my Dr felt a lump on the prostate. Did a prostate biopsy and it turnd out it was nothing.
And all the cores were clear. But while waiting the only thing l could think was cancer. So while looking up treatments I seen info on penile implant. Sounded like it may be what I was needing or looking for. I mean it has to be better than what I have now.
So my question is, is there any one here from Kentucky? Does anyone know of a Dr here? Traveling out of town would not be easy unless I did it on my own and dont want to do that. Want my wife to go with me. So really need to find someone close by [Lexington area]. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
I'm really glad to have found this site. The post sound very encouraging and helpful if I can get this done.
Thanks
71. ED for about 10+ years to one extent or another. Implanted 9/14/2016 AMS CX 18+3 Fl/ Ky

williamb

Re: Kentucky

Postby williamb » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:17 pm

I am not sure but I think that the 2 main prosthesis suppliers have a list of Dr in any area you want. Go with a high volume surgeon that has references that you can speak to. Travel today is very easy so travel to the best Dr that you can afford to travel to.
born 1949, Cancer 2014, 1st Implant AMS CX 18 + 3 RTE, Oct 2015 by a Houston Doctor. Left with loss of length, Floppy Glans and pain, a very poor job. Revision in Dec 2016 by Dr. Kramer, 21 + 3 1/2 RTEs, LGX, Regained length, Glans supported and no pain.

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:03 am

beachbum wrote:So my question is, is there any one here from Kentucky? Does anyone know of a Dr here? Traveling out of town would not be easy unless I did it on my own and dont want to do that. Want my wife to go with me. So really need to find someone close by [Lexington area]. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
I'm really glad to have found this site. The post sound very encouraging and helpful if I can get this done.
Thanks

Try going to the Coloplast or AMS website to find a doctor near you.

Coloplast web site: http://www.coloplastmenshealth.com/find-a-physician/

AMS web site: https://americanmedicalsystems.com/en/p ... alist.html

Be sure to check the box for "Erectile dysfunction."

Now click "Find a Physician," type in your city and state; you should get a list of physicians near your area. (Typing in a zip code did not work as well.) Of course, from there please proceed with extreme caution. Some may or may not take your insurance, some may or may not have a great deal of experience in performing the surgery, etc.
Good luck!

KMeister

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:08 pm

Thanks for the info. Looked it up and my Dr.,the one who did the laser surgery, is on the list. I wont be doing much about it until I get medicare going. I will be talking more to my Dr. before then and see where we go but still I'm thinking this just may be the best way to go if I can.
71. ED for about 10+ years to one extent or another. Implanted 9/14/2016 AMS CX 18+3 Fl/ Ky

Return to “Implants”