Flaccid Penis Position and Feel

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
strongagain

Re: Flaccid Penis Position and Feel

Postby strongagain » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:13 am

Have the Zero Degree Titan, I'm now two months after operation and unable to deflate properly, always have sort of small erection. Well, way better then not having an erection at all...
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:27 pm

Yup! Lying on my back had it working better than it ever had been. Thanks!
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:09 pm

I've had many Titans & a couple of AMS as well as Malleable. I could always get the IPPs pointing south without trouble. A few things come into play here. Firstly, I started with 8" and that has A Lot to do with it (gravity and length). Also, the material in the Titan doesn't go as soft (it can after a few years though) which makes it even more difficult. Now, here's the one that most 1st & 2nd timers don't think about and/or know.

When first implanted, the device is partially activated for proper healing and encapsulation. During this time, the reservoir is partially deflated and developing an encapsulation membrane (scar tissue) around it while partly collapsed. If this membrane forms quickly (trust me it does), and too much fluid is absent during formation (it usually is), then when you release or deflate the cylinders, all the fluid can't return to the reservoir as its under pressure from abdominal tissues, and it only manages to equalize pressures between cylinders and reservoir until you squeeze the cylinders forcing more fluid back to the reservoir.

The doctor has to make a trade off on inflated cylinders or fully expanded reservoir. I have learned ((having done this 10 times now) to have a very minimal amount of fluid in the cylinders during healing. This keeps the reservoir at near full capacity during membrane formation and thus prevents the problem

Further, I've had so many implants that the membrane around the cylinders are already fully developed (and reused) so that only a few days of minimal inflation is needed. The reservoir on the other hand is always placed in a new location so a new membrane must be developed each time and care must be taken to keep it as full as possible during the process.

I hope this information makes sense...
harddrive

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:02 pm

Thanks, Harddrive! The information definitely makes sense. I'll give the penis an extra squeeze upon release to get more fluid out.
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:08 pm

10 implants, eh? You may want to create a blog (or book) describing and explaining the need for so many implants. I hope I'm not being rude. It just seems that that kind of information could be very helpful to guys who are worried about an additional operation. I could be looking at a second one, so I'd be the first one to read it.

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:43 pm

charlesr wrote:10 implants, eh? You may want to create a blog (or book) describing and explaining the need for so many implants. I hope I'm not being rude. It just seems that that kind of information could be very helpful to guys who are worried about an additional operation. I could be looking at a second one, so I'd be the first one to read it.

Well a book or blog isn't needed. The main gist of all the compiled information would simply say "Get the best Surgeon in the field, so it doesn't get botched the first time". I was dealing with the VA and they wouldn't allow me to get a great doc until they failed me so many times. Go with one of the great docs mentioned here and you should be good to go (barring of course any device failures or health issues).

No you're not being rude...
harddrive

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:42 pm

Phew!

Thanks again for you advice.

Andy47

Postby Andy47 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:00 pm

I have exactly the same problem!! If you get any tips / suggestions, please let me know but I will be watching the thread!

Best regards,

Andy
Best regards,

Andy

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:54 pm

Andy, I have found that, after a longer time since the surgery, I am able to deflate the cylinders more by squeezing the release valve more than once and squeezing my penis more. From what I've heard, the Titan does not get as flaccid as pre-surgery, but it is tolerable now.

It seems like the only underwear that I wear now are Papi cotton jockstraps. They're 3 for about 22 bucks and they're very comfortable. I wear them with my penis downward (somewhat) and it's not too bad.

Andy47

Postby Andy47 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:27 am

Thanks Very much!

Downwards is good for me too.. Upwards is too painful and if not fully deflated even more painful. You say you get used to the extra length / size caused by non total deflation? I can fully deflate even without pressing the deflate button, but I either get drain back or auto-inflation.

Andy
Best regards,

Andy

Return to “Implants”