Reconstructive Surgery Anyone?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
rglassva

Reconstructive Surgery Anyone?

Postby rglassva » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:03 am

As some of you may know, I went in for an implant with Dr. Kramer in Baltimore - during the surgery he determined that my "chambers" were "not developed" - his words. He said an option at this point would be reconstructive surgery - we didn't talk too much about what that meant - I was still coming out of anesthesia and he had another implant to do - so not sure exactly what that means. If it means creating a new penis out of some other part of my body I doubt I am interested but wondering if anyone out there has run into the same problem.. . . needing any form of reconstructive surgery before getting an implant. I am still healing from Dr. K's attempts to 'gitterdone' and hope to talk with him in a week or so, so any and all suggestions, recommendations, war stories, etc. are welcomed so that maybe I can pass along some information to him. . .
Thanks, Rick
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

alibaba

Re: Reconstructive Surgery Anyone?

Postby alibaba » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:42 pm

Just a guess on my part but they put in 'patches' all the time to straighten pyrones and they put in patches where an implant has eroded. then there are the patches for a ruptured cavernosa. I have been several years trying to get mine done and remember a couple years back watching a video where the doc was sewing grafts over an implant. I know it can be done. I believe that Steven Brandes at Washington University School of Medicine in St. louis specializes in penile reconstruction. He used to be my doctor. Linky thing here: https://wuphysicians.wustl.edu/for-pati ... -b-brandes I am sure there are others. I would avoid Dr. Bullock at wash U like he was a plague carrier. My experience with him was a horror. Hope this helps. I had 10 surgeries in 2009. I swear it gets old and you finally say screw it all no more but if they can get you operating in one more lengthy surgery, what do you have to lose? Just sit down with your doc and get a plan. If he is not confident enough to handle it, ask him who he would recommend. top docs know other good docs. Many many hugs to you and hope you can get this resolved! :D d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

billylee

Postby billylee » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:56 am

research Allan Morey, SW Medical, Dallas.
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:01 am

My first implant resulted in a "cross" (among other problems) where one "balloon" crossed into the other chamber about one inch out from my body. When Dr. Perito "revised" me a year later, he had to cut a new channel where the other had healed shut or otherwise closed. I think he said this was the first time he'd done this (or needed to). He was quite pleased with the result, as am I.

Good luck as you continue to pursue this!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

Anonymous5

Postby Anonymous5 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:42 pm

while not completly reconstructed i did have something similar to billylee.
Here is my post history
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5584

If you want to just jump to my most recent update it is on the last page
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5584&start=20

Good luck, and even though my dick has been brutalized it was worth it you should just sit and get all the info and move forward. I had my surgery done at univeristy of washington in seattle. Outstanding DR and just takes the harder cases.
56 yr old-pc 2010 robotically removed mayo phoenix. Peyronie's with over 90 degree curve with mild ED. Trial and error until becoming bionic June 8, 2015 @University of Washington Med. Grafting to correct Peyronie's and implant done in one surgery.

rglassva

Postby rglassva » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:54 pm

Just spoke with Dr. Kramer - said there was basically nothing but fibrotic tissue once he got in there. . . nothing he could work with or "open up" to get cylinders in. He said Dr. Morey in Dallas and a Dr. McCammon close to me in Va. Beach would be good resources to talk to about whatever reconstruction might be possible. He is going to reach out to both of them and let them know what he ran into and see what they have to say. Will follow up with me - either copy me on e-mails or call me when he knows more - otherwise I'll nudge him. Once we know what might be possible, take the next step. Then there's the insurance battle but one step at a time. So until then I continue to heal - swelling decreasing slowly but surely along with the numbness. Still a glimmer of hope I guess. . . . any other thoughts/suggestions out there, let me know. . .
Rick
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:36 pm

Many hugs and lots of prayers. good things happen to those who endure the battle not giving up. You will make it man! cheers. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

RogerM

Postby RogerM » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:45 am

Rick,
I wish you the best. I hope Dr Kramer or one of the other docs can come up with something for you. Please keep us posted on your progress.
Roger
61, Type II Diabetes and ED for 10 yrs.
Coloplast Titan OTR 22cm + (2) 1 cm RTEs on 3/13/14 by Dr. Bruce Garber at Hahnemann Univ. Hospital/Philadelphia, PA

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:18 pm

Best of luck. Certainly worth checking into.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

rglassva

Postby rglassva » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:38 am

Spoke with Dr. Kramer this morning. . . . so the plan of action he has come up with at this point, beyond cutting off what I have and creating something out of my forearm, is to meet with a plastic surgeon about "augmenting" (I think he used that word) what I have to create some space inside - enough space for the implant cylinders. He has spoken briefly with a doc at Johns Hopkins - Rick Redett - who said it sounds feasible but would of course have to see me (and "it"). Seems like it would be a two stage thing - as opposed to all happening at once. . . . make room, then implant. . .
So I guess I'll see about making an appt. and go from there. . . . can't hurt to go see the guy, right?
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

Return to “Implants”