My implant observations so far

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
matt_in_fla

Re: My implant observations so far

Postby matt_in_fla » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:11 am

Watsup, thanks for the detailed deflation tutorial. That's going to be very helpful.

Ron, Dr Cornell gave me the keychain at my pre-op meeting. Probably because I asked him about it.

At day 21 today. Feeling good. Can't wait til activation. Houston, we have liftoff!
60-year old male. Struggled with ED for many years. Tried the pills, pumps and injections with varying and diminishing degrees of effectiveness. Implanted with the AMS LGX by Dr. Robert Cornell in Houston on August 14, 2015.

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:55 am

I hope it helps. I was given the key ring and an information packet just prior to leaving the hospital. Everyone has their own procedures I guess.

roninhouston

Postby roninhouston » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:25 pm

Will ask for MINE. Kind of funny I want a keychain replica and spent almost $20,000 to get the real thing.

BTW Did you get a stitch to hold the pump in place. I notice a dipple on my scrotum and have come to the conclusion that my pump was stictched to my scrotum to keep it in place.
Bionic with AMS CX on August 14, 2015. Inflated September 15th by Dr. Robert Cornell.
Was 69 with VL
. Pre-Op VED Protocol Therapy and Post-Op VED Protocol Therapy: Pre-Op length by 6th month.

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:53 pm

roninhouston wrote:Will ask for MINE. Kind of funny I want a keychain replica and spent almost $20,000 to get the real thing.

BTW Did you get a stitch to hold the pump in place. I notice a dipple on my scrotum and have come to the conclusion that my pump was stictched to my scrotum to keep it in place.

No, I didn't. The pump has squeezed out of my grasp at high velocity on a few occasions. It a bit startling to say the least :o

roninhouston

Postby roninhouston » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:48 am

I think the stitch is only works doing the heating. And then it dissolves and releases the pump to move around. Some doctors have their patients pull down on the pump post op to position it. Dr. Cornell probably figured out that it is better to just park it for the first couple of weeks with dissolving stitches and it will stay there.

I have a dipple on my scrotum which I think contains the stitch, just above my pump.
Bionic with AMS CX on August 14, 2015. Inflated September 15th by Dr. Robert Cornell.
Was 69 with VL
. Pre-Op VED Protocol Therapy and Post-Op VED Protocol Therapy: Pre-Op length by 6th month.

SteveH

Postby SteveH » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:40 pm

I was the same as everyone at first - But soon the pain goes and the fun begins - I still find it difficult to pump up only because you seem to have to use what i think as excessive pressure - And still slip off the pump and give myself a flick in the balls X
AMS LGX 18cm with 3mm rte Feb 2015 - Penis damaged in bike accident August 2007

roninhouston

Postby roninhouston » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:21 pm

Saturday it had been 4 weeks since I was released from the hospital. All my swelling was down, all healed and I could locate the pump/deflate button easily. Tuesday is my day of activation by the doctor.

Curiosity got the best of me, I soaked in the bathtub. Pushed the pump a couple of times and heard the POP. it inflated enough to grow past what I left the hospital with. I had heard the FT horror stories of people who could not deflated and had to go to the doctor with a full erection to deflate them. None of these were a problem for me, I was able to inflate and deflate without problems. This was not a full inflation as I wanted to wait for the doctor to do that, however I was able to get all of the parts to work. It is a feeling of relief when you push the button and feel the fluid rush to the reservoir likewise when you push pump and you hear it pop, you know you're doing the right thing.

Waiting on tomorrow for a full activation.
Was 69 with VL

matt_in_fla

Postby matt_in_fla » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:38 am

36 days since the implant surgery. I activated four days ago and have been cycling every day since. I had a difficult time locating and pressing the deflate button at first. I had a phone consultation with Dr. Cornell and he helped me through it. It seems that I was not pushing the deflate button long enough. You really have to hold it for at least four seconds. It was a relief to finally deflate the partial erection I had been walking around with for four weeks. The next morning I inflated with no problem. Deflating has become much easier. Hearing that bubbling sound of the saline solution rushing back into the reservoir is very reassuring. My stitches are pretty much completely dissolved and gone. Everything is going well and according to plan and schedule. I love having HD on demand (hard dick on demand) :D
60-year old male. Struggled with ED for many years. Tried the pills, pumps and injections with varying and diminishing degrees of effectiveness. Implanted with the AMS LGX by Dr. Robert Cornell in Houston on August 14, 2015.

roninhouston

Postby roninhouston » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:52 pm

Was activated on Tuesday and started the Post-Op VED protocol. Those on the VED protocol start cycling at 9 to 12 days however I followed Dr. Cornell, which was 32 days.

" on the VED protocol the patient started to use the device at 9 to 14 days, they are instructed to daily inflate the device as much as possible for a period of up to one hour. Initially many patients will only inflate for 7 to 10 minutes due to discomfort but the theory is that as much inflation as possible, for as long as possible, influence the cylinder capsule to form around the inflated cylinder rather than the deflated cylinder. Post-operative inflation is emphasize strongly if a lenghtening cylinder is implanted. Capsule development is thought to be complete at three months following surgery and the daily inflations can cease." (from Dr. Dineen ' s paper " vacuum preparation optimization of the cyclinder length and post-operative daily inflation reduces com..plaints of shorten penile length following implantation of inflatable penile prosthesis")

I started the VED protocol 9 weeks before my operation in the hopes that it would minimize the pain and limit the loss of length. In Dr. Dineen ' s paper he talks about the patients uses the vacuum pump pre-op, to the point of feeling a slight burn, this is the stretching of the penis tissue. Post-op inflation feels the same for me as you are breaking the scarf tissue built around the cyclinders.

Was activated on Tuesday, Dr. Cornell suggested inflating and deflating three times a day, each time increasing the pumps by one. By Thursday was able to flatten my pump bulb for 60 minutes, Friday for 45 minutes and Saturday 90 minutes. So maybe the reductions in pain is working for me. NOTE: it is the pain is similar to pre-op vacuuming to the max pressure limit,mine was 15 (in.hg) and trying to hold it there. Actually it maybe uncomfortable but I am do things that distract me from watching the clock. Plus I do my kegels, if I think I need to push the deflate button. According to Dr. Cornell I still have some swelling which probably accounts for some soreness especially around the incision.

I do not agree with Dr. Dineen when he said that maximum benefits were reached at 3 months. Probably about the time his study money ran out Those on FT have said that enlargement has continued up to 18 to 24 months. That said, I will try to do a minimum of 1 hour each day for the next 2 months. I find it relatively easy to pump up during my morning shower and maintain it through my shaving & grooming.
Was 69 with VL

jerrywayne

Postby jerrywayne » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:35 pm

I have found out that although we guys don't want to sit. It is much better to sit and piss no splatter,and empties much better,plus I have knee problems and it helps me to bend my knees.I also go piss before sex that way it cleans out the tube.

Return to “Implants”