Anus Pain ?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
PCHelp76180

Anus Pain ?

Postby PCHelp76180 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:53 am

Ok this may be gross but I hope maybe someone else out there has experienced this as well. Has anyone ever experienced a tightness or discomfort with bowl movements post-op ? I am 10 days out and I had the usual post-op experience of no BM's for three days then everything seemed back to normal, now a BM brings tears to my eyes. LOL !
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

jelizondo12

Re: Anus Pain ?

Postby jelizondo12 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:48 am

post op I went 14 days without a bowel movement. I took stool softeners and the pain on my hips was to much to force a movement. Finally my body couldn't take it anymore and I had a movement that I could be proud of, after that first one I was regular again.

dhenry

Postby dhenry » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:01 pm

greetings,

i didn't have BM for several days post surgery, so i only ate minimal solids with my pain killer. my surgeon prescribed doc-q-lace (stool softener) twice a day for 14 days. when i had the catheter removed by his assistant, she recommended prunes/prune juice. well of course, the prunes kinda worked too well, so i skipped the gel capsules for several days til i was closer to normal. so i take things as a daily challenge and hope my body adapts better over time.

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:47 am

PCHelp76180 wrote:Ok this may be gross but I hope maybe someone else out there has experienced this as well. Has anyone ever experienced a tightness or discomfort with bowl movements post-op ? I am 10 days out and I had the usual post-op experience of no BM's for three days then everything seemed back to normal, now a BM brings tears to my eyes. LOL !

If your first post op BMs were hard you might have a small tear or fissure. Soaking in warm water or bath a couple of times a day and keeping your BMs really soft with fiber, lots of fluids and stool softeners may help. Use tucks or baby wipes instead of TP for a bit. And see your doc for a quick exam. Could also be a thrombosed hemorrhoid also all things usually easy to diagnose and not weird or uncommon for docs to be asked about. Good luck as that is a sensitive area.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:26 am

jelizondo12 wrote:post op I went 14 days without a bowel movement. I took stool softeners and the pain on my hips was to much to force a movement. Finally my body couldn't take it anymore and I had a movement that I could be proud of, after that first one I was regular again.

thanks jelizondo12, I'm shocked you waited 14 days !
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:30 am

dhenry wrote:greetings,

i didn't have BM for several days post surgery, so i only ate minimal solids with my pain killer. my surgeon prescribed doc-q-lace (stool softener) twice a day for 14 days. when i had the catheter removed by his assistant, she recommended prunes/prune juice. well of course, the prunes kinda worked too well, so i skipped the gel capsules for several days til i was closer to normal. so i take things as a daily challenge and hope my body adapts better over time.

Thanks dhenry, I was doing the same thing, soups and lots of liquids and the prune juice. This was so bad that is hurt to even to pass gas ! LOL

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:35 am

billb603 wrote:If your first post op BMs were hard you might have a small tear or fissure. Soaking in warm water or bath a couple of times a day and keeping your BMs really soft with fiber, lots of fluids and stool softeners may help. Use tucks or baby wipes instead of TP for a bit. And see your doc for a quick exam. Could also be a thrombosed hemorrhoid also all things usually easy to diagnose and not weird or uncommon for docs to be asked about. Good luck as that is a sensitive area.

Thank you billb603 I believe you nailed it, I did have a very uncomfortable BM the first time, and that was while I using the pain Meds. Now that I am off the pain killers I am starting to feel/notice everything more. The baths and the wet wipes are a great idea !

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:03 am

PCHelp76180 wrote:
billb603 wrote:If your first post op BMs were hard you might have a small tear or fissure. Soaking in warm water or bath a couple of times a day and keeping your BMs really soft with fiber, lots of fluids and stool softeners may help. Use tucks or baby wipes instead of TP for a bit. And see your doc for a quick exam. Could also be a thrombosed hemorrhoid also all things usually easy to diagnose and not weird or uncommon for docs to be asked about. Good luck as that is a sensitive area.

Thank you billb603 I believe you nailed it, I did have a very uncomfortable BM the first time, and that was while I using the pain Meds. Now that I am off the pain killers I am starting to feel/notice everything more. The baths and the wet wipes are a great idea !

Be careful of wet toilet wipes. Most of them contain methylisothiazolinone or other preservatives that can cause severe allergic reactions. I was having a terrible time with inflammation, rash and pain until my dermatologist advised me to stop using wet wipes. I complied, and the problem cleared up in a week. Just sayin'...
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:44 pm

dg_moore wrote:Be careful of wet toilet wipes. Most of them contain methylisothiazolinone or other preservatives that can cause severe allergic reactions. I was having a terrible time with inflammation, rash and pain until my dermatologist advised me to stop using wet wipes. I complied, and the problem cleared up in a week. Just sayin'...

Good advice dg_moore, thank you

Return to “Implants”