Revision done 2/9

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
gregorbehr

Revision done 2/9

Postby gregorbehr » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:20 pm

Well what a crappy way to spend my birthday... in the hospital.
As I had posted earlier, the right cylinder of my implant shifted out of place and was in danger of poking through the skin. Thankfully no pain, but surgery got rushed and set in just 6 days!
It would seem because of all the scar tissue in the shaft, two bits of tissue had continued to calcify and grow due to the cylinder rubbing against them. I of course had felt the knots of tissue, but they never hurt and well... they kinda felt good rubbing against the shaft when uh... self pleasuring. ;)
But it would seem that they were not only growing and turning hard, but developing cells similar to bone! The doc said the larger of the two was actually the size of a molar tooth! Followed by the joke... "I removed your boner" OY! :o

Surgery took nearly 4 hours instead of the 2 he expected. But glad he didn't try to rush through things and he was able to move the cylinder back into position and kept the implant from having to be removed.
The incision was circumcision style, nearly all the way around the head... thankfully he didn't remove my foreskin!!! That would have been insult to injury to wake up nipped at the tip! Post-op pretty much sucked... over night in the hospital on IV antibiotics, the usual painful removal of the catheter this morning (HATE THOSE THINGS), and the usual roller coaster of pain meds that don't really work, due to a past addiction to Fentynol... LOL and of course what do they pump you full of before surgery... Fentynol!!! So now getting to deal with the body aches and shakes of withdrawals. I highly recommend avoiding an addition to high grade opiates! But if I could beat it once, I can get past it again :twisted:

Now about a month of serious tenderness as the stitches heal up, and about 6 weeks until I'm allowed to try pumping it back up. Just have to do my best to keep the head dry so the stitches don't become infected. At least I can shower in a day and get that post hospital feeling off of my skin!

Now to pack, cause I have to do an 11 hour flight to the Netherlands on Thursday. Oh h#ll that flight is going to be long and painful. Bring on the free drinks!

Including a pic just after the catheter came out.
Attachments
IMG_8229-2.JPG
IMG_8229-2.JPG (102.42 KiB) Viewed 3696 times
51, San Francisco
Diabetic: used pills & injections.
2 TURP surgeries caused Peyronie's. 1st implant lost to infection, 2nd one is about 5 years old. But "floppy head" due to all the scar tissue, couldn't get tips all the way up.

PCHelp76180

Re: Revision done 2/9

Postby PCHelp76180 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:24 am

gregorbehr wrote:Well what a crappy way to spend my birthday... in the hospital.
As I had posted earlier, the right cylinder of my implant shifted out of place and was in danger of poking through the skin. Thankfully no pain, but surgery got rushed and set in just 6 days!
It would seem because of all the scar tissue in the shaft, two bits of tissue had continued to calcify and grow due to the cylinder rubbing against them. I of course had felt the knots of tissue, but they never hurt and well... they kinda felt good rubbing against the shaft when uh... self pleasuring. ;)
But it would seem that they were not only growing and turning hard, but developing cells similar to bone! The doc said the larger of the two was actually the size of a molar tooth! Followed by the joke... "I removed your boner" OY! :o

Surgery took nearly 4 hours instead of the 2 he expected. But glad he didn't try to rush through things and he was able to move the cylinder back into position and kept the implant from having to be removed.
The incision was circumcision style, nearly all the way around the head... thankfully he didn't remove my foreskin!!! That would have been insult to injury to wake up nipped at the tip! Post-op pretty much sucked... over night in the hospital on IV antibiotics, the usual painful removal of the catheter this morning (HATE THOSE THINGS), and the usual roller coaster of pain meds that don't really work, due to a past addiction to Fentynol... LOL and of course what do they pump you full of before surgery... Fentynol!!! So now getting to deal with the body aches and shakes of withdrawals. I highly recommend avoiding an addition to high grade opiates! But if I could beat it once, I can get past it again :twisted:

Now about a month of serious tenderness as the stitches heal up, and about 6 weeks until I'm allowed to try pumping it back up. Just have to do my best to keep the head dry so the stitches don't become infected. At least I can shower in a day and get that post hospital feeling off of my skin!

Now to pack, cause I have to do an 11 hour flight to the Netherlands on Thursday. Oh h#ll that flight is going to be long and painful. Bring on the free drinks!

Including a pic just after the catheter came out.

Hey gregorbehr sorry for your complications, question: What caused the scar tissue to start forming? Was it the implant?
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

gregorbehr

Postby gregorbehr » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:29 pm

[/quote]Hey gregorbehr sorry for your complications, question: What caused the scar tissue to start forming? Was it the implant?[/quote]

I had Peyronie's issues following my 2nd TURP surgery. The tissue in the shaft tore from the scope they used and left me with a painful left pointing bend.
The botched first implant (different surgeon) removal just caused more scar tissue to build up.
My current doc performed surgery last May to remove some of that scar tissue before doing the 2nd implant. Once he did that 2nd implant he spent 5 hours trying to trim away even more scar tissue.
The two bits of tissue he removed never actually hurt. But I am guessing that the cylinder rubbing against them did cause them to grow and eventually push that cylinder out of place.
So did they cause the scar tissue, No. Did they cause the scar tissue to grow... probably.
51, San Francisco
2 TURP surgeries caused Peyronie's. 1st implant lost to infection, 2nd one is about 5 years old. But "floppy head" due to all the scar tissue, couldn't get tips all the way up.

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:41 am

gregorbehr wrote:
Hey gregorbehr sorry for your complications, question: What caused the scar tissue to start forming? Was it the implant?[/quote]

I had Peyronie's issues following my 2nd TURP surgery. The tissue in the shaft tore from the scope they used and left me with a painful left pointing bend.
The botched first implant (different surgeon) removal just caused more scar tissue to build up.
My current doc performed surgery last May to remove some of that scar tissue before doing the 2nd implant. Once he did that 2nd implant he spent 5 hours trying to trim away even more scar tissue.
The two bits of tissue he removed never actually hurt. But I am guessing that the cylinder rubbing against them did cause them to grow and eventually push that cylinder out of place.
So did they cause the scar tissue, No. Did they cause the scar tissue to grow... probably.[/quote]
Sounds like a lot of time under the knife; given the choice. would you do it again?
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

gregorbehr

Postby gregorbehr » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:56 am

[/quote]Sounds like a lot of time under the knife; given the choice. would you do it again?[/quote]

A good and hard question to answer. Playing the game of "what if", is always tricky.
In the world of what I know now... I would have fought harder from the start to go with my current surgeon. He's out of my insurance network and its been a pile of paperwork to get authorization to see him and have everything paid for.
He would have addressed the scar tissue before the first implant. I now realize my first surgeon was WAY out of his league and should have just sewn me back up instead of trying to deal with the scar tissue and install the first implant.
Am I glad I can have an erection, YOU BET! Do I hate the trip to get here... YOU BET!
51, San Francisco

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:37 am

gregorbehr wrote:
Sounds like a lot of time under the knife; given the choice. would you do it again?[/quote]

A good and hard question to answer. Playing the game of "what if", is always tricky.
In the world of what I know now... I would have fought harder from the start to go with my current surgeon. He's out of my insurance network and its been a pile of paperwork to get authorization to see him and have everything paid for.
He would have addressed the scar tissue before the first implant. I now realize my first surgeon was WAY out of his league and should have just sewn me back up instead of trying to deal with the scar tissue and install the first implant.
Am I glad I can have an erection, YOU BET! Do I hate the trip to get here... YOU BET![/quote]
thanks gregorbehr, as far as going with the implant from the start no regrets?

gregorbehr

Postby gregorbehr » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:56 pm

[/quote]thanks gregorbehr, as far as going with the implant from the start no regrets?[/quote]

No regrets about the implant in general. Which would you rather have, a bent and painful erection that was difficult to maintain at best... or a rock hard, straight pointing erection?
51, San Francisco

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:21 pm

gregorbehr wrote:
thanks gregorbehr, as far as going with the implant from the start no regrets?[/quote]

No regrets about the implant in general. Which would you rather have, a bent and painful erection that was difficult to maintain at best... or a rock hard, straight pointing erection?[/quote]
thanks gregorbehr good "point" LOL !

Return to “Implants”