best jock straps to wear

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
RickRed40

best jock straps to wear

Postby RickRed40 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:01 pm

I just got home from surgery and I have to say the jockstrap they provided a the hospital was not very comfortable. Anyone have a favorite brand to wear during the first 6 weeks following surgery?

jeremc

Re: best jock straps to wear

Postby jeremc » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:34 pm

Jockey Pocket Briefs were the best for me and others, I got from this forum.
See page 12 for my pic at viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2002
Good Luck and Welcome to the Bionic Brotherhood,
Jere

Sorry, here's the link http://www.jockey.com/catalog/product/p ... -man-brief
Page 7, 1st LGX 18+3 on 12/27/2012. 2nd LGX 18+6 on 12/11/2014, 3ed CX 24+3 on 5/29/19. bionicjere on Skype

RickRed40

Postby RickRed40 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:06 am

Is a jock strap necessary. I recently purchased this type of underwear on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/David-Archy-Micro ... B00ENTH0N4

This underwear offers very good scrotal support, much more comfortable than a jock strap. You can use gauze for extra support down there and easily make sure your penis is pointing upward. At this point I"m throwing out the straps they gave me at the hospital. They are too tight and very uncomfortable. I've purchased one for the heck of it, but I really like this underwear so much I'm going to stay with it after surgery. I'm assuming having a pump inside your scrotum adds pressure down there and having underwear that provides permanent comfortable support is a good thing. I hope someone will take a peek at what I've decided to use and give feedback whether this is enough support. I'm new to this after all. It's only my second day home from surgery.

I can't believe how much swelling and black and blue there is. It's shocking to look at for the first time.

upandhard

Postby upandhard » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:30 pm

First and foremost I'd say follow the advice of your surgeon. After 2 days of the hospital jock, my surgeon said I could toss the jock and wear tight underwear.

Bubba54

Postby Bubba54 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:27 pm

First, congratulation’s on the implant. During your recovery, you may find that some days a tighter support is comfortable and sometime something loose is better, this was my experience.

Bubba

stkman

Postby stkman » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:41 pm

hello again,
RickRed40, it was my experience that the jockstrap was what was directed by the Dr. Yet as time went on the straps found its way to the pump. Can't describe the pain. So I switched to compression shorts that where very snug. Felt much better. Just as long as your groceries don't feel like they are coming out the bag you should be alright. Good support is better than no support. But this is after a couple of days of ice packs and heating pads. Trust me on this.

p1s8d2

Postby p1s8d2 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:58 am

I wore Adidas lycra boxer briefs, purchased at Costco for $18 a pack, and for the first two weeks, wore the jock strap overtop. Really comfortable and supportive. Especially when you start really walking around. Good luck
40 years old from the East Coast
ED since my 20's and have no idea what caused it
Implanted on 11/19/13 with the AMS 700 LGX via John Hopkins Urology

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:48 am

RickRed40 wrote:Is a jock strap necessary. I recently purchased this type of underwear on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/David-Archy-Micro ... B00ENTH0N4

This underwear offers very good scrotal support, much more comfortable than a jock strap. You can use gauze for extra support down there and easily make sure your penis is pointing upward. At this point I"m throwing out the straps they gave me at the hospital. They are too tight and very uncomfortable. I've purchased one for the heck of it, but I really like this underwear so much I'm going to stay with it after surgery. I'm assuming having a pump inside your scrotum adds pressure down there and having underwear that provides permanent comfortable support is a good thing. I hope someone will take a peek at what I've decided to use and give feedback whether this is enough support. I'm new to this after all. It's only my second day home from surgery.

I can't believe how much swelling and black and blue there is. It's shocking to look at for the first time.

Hey RickRed40, these look like a really good idea, thank you !
Last edited by PCHelp76180 on Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

RickRed40

Postby RickRed40 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:19 pm

Based on the comments here I went out yesterday to purchase compression underwear. I find wearing a jock strap very uncomfortable. So I have two thoughts to relieve this discomfort.

1. I'm going to follow the suggestions here and put the jock strap over the compression underwear rather than inside the underwear.

2. I'm going to use gauze and tape to make sure my penis stays pointed upward. The jock strap applies pressure on the penis from the straight on erect position pushing inward in such a way that makes wearing the jock strap very painful.

For now, that's the major source of pain and discomfort that I'm experiencing other than the fact that my scrotum is the size of a large orange. In a few weeks this will all be a distant memory.

It's great to have a community of men who've been there-done that, and can give great help and advice.

Return to “Implants”