Has Everyone Experienced Loss In Length?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
dg_moore

Re: Has Everyone Experienced Loss In Length?

Postby dg_moore » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:29 am

PCHelp76180 wrote:... I can only imagine it must be what a woman feels post mastectomy or menopause.

I've experienced both. My late wife had a mastectomy at 36. That, plus the ongoing (and ultimately unsuccessful) cancer treatment caused her to lose all interest in sex, and understandably so. I remarried at 49, and several years later my current wife also lost interest in sex following menopause (in addition to the years of frustration while fumbling around with ED). So these can be powerful factors.

Being able to achieve an erection is no guarantee that your sex life will be restored - I got an implant, 5 years too late, and we have never used it (I had a stroke that took away my libido so I also have no interest in sex). As I have said here numerous times, if you need an implant get it - nothing good comes from delaying the decision.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:40 am

dg_moore wrote:
PCHelp76180 wrote:... I can only imagine it must be what a woman feels post mastectomy or menopause.

I've experienced both. My late wife had a mastectomy at 36. That, plus the ongoing (and ultimately unsuccessful) cancer treatment caused her to lose all interest in sex, and understandably so. I remarried at 49, and several years later my current wife also lost interest in sex following menopause (in addition to the years of frustration while fumbling around with ED). So these can be powerful factors.

Being able to achieve an erection is no guarantee that your sex life will be restored - I got an implant, 5 years too late, and we have never used it (I had a stroke that took away my libido so I also have no interest in sex). As I have said here numerous times, if you need an implant get it - nothing good comes from delaying the decision.

Thank you dgd_moore for sharing with us
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

yankfan042249

Postby yankfan042249 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:22 pm

10 months after implanted with an LGX 700 I may have grown 1/4 " in length and certainly gained in girth. I was told to expect additional growth over time in length. Never had any loss of either as a result of procedure.

stkman

Postby stkman » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:03 pm

stkman here,
I have currently one inch smaller with a quarter inch loss in circumference. Being naturally above average in length I am fine with the loss vs an inoperable penis. Besides the guys on FrankTalk seem to suggest that there may even be a chance to regain my size back. If I don't, what of it? I have something that works and the worst thank you can say to a women when in the act of lovemaking is "I'm Sorry :oops:" !

That phrase in that instance is no longer an option. Hope that helps 8-)

p1s8d2

Postby p1s8d2 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:12 am

My flaccid length is 2 1/2" longer and 2" more girth, 14 months post surgery. I was always a "grower, not a shower." Aside from my ability to get and maintain an erection whenever I wanted, this was the #1 benefit for me. Totally boosted my confidence. My erect length is about 1/2" longer (no complaints here). Girth remained the same. Current measurements are 5 3/4" erect length and 5 1/2" in girth. I am not a big believer in the pump often theory. My doctor advised for the first six months, just twice a day and keep it pumped for about 30 minutes. I followed this to a T and my results are better then expected. Not many people remember to keep in mind the additional length and girth that naturally occurs when aroused. Blood will still flow to your penis when excited. So most guys will pump and measure at 2pm in the afternoon, when not excited, thus not experiencing the total length and girth. Just food for thought. Best time to measure is first thing in the morning as soon as you wake up. There is up to a half inch difference depending on when you measure.

Dr: Arthur Burnett from Johns Hopkins in Baltimore.
Device. AMS LGX
Date of surgery: November 19, 2013
40 years old from the East Coast
ED since my 20's and have no idea what caused it
Implanted on 11/19/13 with the AMS 700 LGX via John Hopkins Urology

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:57 am

p1s8d2 wrote:My flaccid length is 2 1/2" longer and 2" more girth, 14 months post surgery. I was always a "grower, not a shower." Aside from my ability to get and maintain an erection whenever I wanted, this was the #1 benefit for me. Totally boosted my confidence. My erect length is about 1/2" longer (no complaints here). Girth remained the same. Current measurements are 5 3/4" erect length and 5 1/2" in girth. I am not a big believer in the pump often theory. My doctor advised for the first six months, just twice a day and keep it pumped for about 30 minutes. I followed this to a T and my results are better then expected. Not many people remember to keep in mind the additional length and girth that naturally occurs when aroused. Blood will still flow to your penis when excited. So most guys will pump and measure at 2pm in the afternoon, when not excited, thus not experiencing the total length and girth. Just food for thought. Best time to measure is first thing in the morning as soon as you wake up. There is up to a half inch difference depending on when you measure.

Device. AMS LGX

That is a good point about measuring your penis when aroused.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:59 am

I was implanted by Dr Karpman with an AMS 700 lgx. I lost no size, and actually gained some over time.

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:35 am

yankfan042249 wrote:10 months after implanted with an LGX 700 I may have grown 1/4 " in length and certainly gained in girth. I was told to expect additional growth over time in length. Never had any loss of either as a result of procedure.

Thank you yankfan
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:37 am

stkman wrote:stkman here,
I have currently one inch smaller with a quarter inch loss in circumference. Being naturally above average in length I am fine with the loss vs an inoperable penis. Besides the guys on FrankTalk seem to suggest that there may even be a chance to regain my size back. If I don't, what of it? I have something that works and the worst thank you can say to a women when in the act of lovemaking is "I'm Sorry :oops:" !

That phrase in that instance is no longer an option. Hope that helps 8-)

stkman, when was your implant installed and what type is it?

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:42 am

p1s8d2 wrote:My flaccid length is 2 1/2" longer and 2" more girth, 14 months post surgery. I was always a "grower, not a shower." Aside from my ability to get and maintain an erection whenever I wanted, this was the #1 benefit for me. Totally boosted my confidence. My erect length is about 1/2" longer (no complaints here). Girth remained the same. Current measurements are 5 3/4" erect length and 5 1/2" in girth. I am not a big believer in the pump often theory. My doctor advised for the first six months, just twice a day and keep it pumped for about 30 minutes. I followed this to a T and my results are better then expected. Not many people remember to keep in mind the additional length and girth that naturally occurs when aroused. Blood will still flow to your penis when excited. So most guys will pump and measure at 2pm in the afternoon, when not excited, thus not experiencing the total length and girth. Just food for thought. Best time to measure is first thing in the morning as soon as you wake up. There is up to a half inch difference depending on when you measure.

Device. AMS LGX

p1s8d2 this is valuable information to learn! I have been wondering if there would still be room for blood flow with the implants. Thank you very much for sharing

Return to “Implants”