I've switched sides!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
KMeister

I've switched sides!

Postby KMeister » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:32 pm

Hello, brothers,

I haven't posted here in a while but I wanted to let you know about recent developments. I had implant surgery where I live (Las Vegas) in June 2011 by one of the best doctors in this area. I received a Coloplast Titan. Unfortunately, I had to have a revision done in December 2011 due to floppy head problems. Things went along well afterward until early this year when I developed a bulge in one of the cylinders near the head. So a few days ago (Dec 22, 2014) I underwent my third procedure. Before performing the operation, my doctor consulted with another physician--a renowned urologist in California--and decided to go with the AMS implant this time. I'm healing well.

Fortunately, my local urologist is all about what's best for his patient and sought the consult--and fortunately my health insurance plan agree to cover yet another procedure. (My out of pocket expenses total $350.) By the by, according the my uro, the cylinder was defective, which is very rare among the Coloplast types. I hope to be happy with the AMS. My doctor says I even picked up a cm on each cylinder and they're both well into the glands. I'm pleased about this; my 115 pound wife is less so. LOL!

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Membrillo

Re: I've switched sides!

Postby Membrillo » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:04 pm

Nice to see that finally things are going well. Keep us informed

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:02 pm

Membrillo wrote:Nice to see that finally things are going well. Keep us informed

Went to see my doctor today (Dec 29). He said things were progressing well. Made an appointment for January 29 to be shown how to inflate and deflate. Doc said let it heal and keep my hands off until we meet.

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:25 am

Small update: Received the three page single-spaced op report in today's mail. The only thing unusual is that my cylinders aren't the same size. One is 26 cm (21 cm cylinder with 5 cm rear tip extender) while the other is 25 cm (21 cm cylinder with 4 cm rear tip extender). My question: is this not anything out of the ordinary, having cylinders of different size?

KM

Olivero66

Postby Olivero66 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:13 am

KMeister wrote:Small update: Received the three page single-spaced op report in today's mail. The only thing unusual is that my cylinders aren't the same size. One is 26 cm (21 cm cylinder with 5 cm rear tip extender) while the other is 25 cm (21 cm cylinder with 4 cm rear tip extender). My question: is this not anything out of the ordinary, having cylinders of different size?

KM

It has to be that way if measurements yielded 1cm difference, too. More than 1cm difference as measurement result is suspicious and requires control measurement.
Who performed your op? Dr. Karpman??

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:33 am

Olivero66 wrote:
KMeister wrote:Small update: Received the three page single-spaced op report in today's mail. The only thing unusual is that my cylinders aren't the same size. One is 26 cm (21 cm cylinder with 5 cm rear tip extender) while the other is 25 cm (21 cm cylinder with 4 cm rear tip extender). My question: is this not anything out of the ordinary, having cylinders of different size?

KM

It has to be that way if measurements yielded 1cm difference, too. More than 1cm difference as measurement result is suspicious and requires control measurement.
Who performed your op? Dr. Karpman??

I live in Las Vegas. My doctor is Sheldon Freedman, a terrific doctor and wonderful gentleman. He's been doing the surgery for over 30 years. My health insurance limits to whom I can go but we have at least a half-dozen excellent uros in the area who do a lot of implants. (Must be something in the water here...)

By the by, I checked the previous op reports for my previous surgeries in 2011 and it looks like one of my cylinder does get an extra centimeter...Well, okay then...

KM

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:42 am

Went to the doc yesterday (Thur, Jan 29) for activation. The doctor pumped me up, then deflated me and sent me home. Later that night I tried to pump up but had a difficult time getting the hang of it. With this AMS implant, I couldn't apply the two-handed technique I had mastered with the Coloplast product because the bulb for the former is smaller. I'll try again tomorrow...

KMeister

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:01 am

You'll get the hang of it soon. I'm able to pump my AMS 700 lgx with 2 hands very easily now.

KMeister

Re: I've switched sides! Update

Postby KMeister » Tue May 05, 2015 3:45 pm

I wanted to provide an update on my implant. On December 22 I got a AMS 700 CX because one of the cylinders in my Titan developed a bulge. I admit it took me some time to get the hang of the pump (it's smaller than the Titan) but now I have. However, I do seem to have some issues with pumping. First I get the pop, then start squeezing. After about a dozen squeezes or so I continue to squeeze the pump all the way until my fingers nearly touch but I don't get any bigger. I can tell I'm not quite fully erect. I have to find different spots on the pump before it provides some resistance again and I top off my tanks, so to speak. Can anyone explain what's going on?

I hope there's nothing wrong with the mechanism. Unfortunately, I received notice that I'm losing my job and therefore my health insurance by the end of August. When it rains it pours: Last week my wife got terminated from her job. Sheesh!

Speaking of my beloved. I've kept my eight-inch penis length and seem to have picked up a bit more girth. She a petite woman and has a small opening so I have to be careful or I'll hurt her. This has been an issue for us for over 20 years. Oh well...

KMeister
Last edited by KMeister on Wed May 06, 2015 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hardernharder

Postby hardernharder » Wed May 06, 2015 5:00 pm

Hi,
Please let us know if Titan gave you more girth or AMS?
I know both implants get very hard, but overall, disregarding the pumping problem with your AMS, which one you prefer the most?
Best Wishes,

Return to “Implants”