I’m eight weeks postop. I still have a small hematoma around my pump area in my scrotum. Trying to figure out the best way to get rid of it beyond taking anti-inflammatory medication. Has anyone had this happen to them this late postop? I have a follow up appointment with my surgeon October 8. I haven’t started cycling yet because I was told not to in case I wasn’t able to find the deflate button through the hematoma.
Any insight on what I can do to try to help it go away? I’d like to use the damn thing lol.
Still Have Hematoma Around Pump- 8 weeks
-
allin320
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2026 12:47 pm
Still Have Hematoma Around Pump- 8 weeks
48 years old, divorced, ED for 8 years. Titan 23cm 8/5/2026
-
danny1553
- Posts: 357
- Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:49 pm
Re: Still Have Hematoma Around Pump- 8 weeks
Not directly related to the case, but a while ago I had a conversation with an acupuncture doctor on a topic of wound recovery. The doctor was a strong proponent of warm treatment with the purpose of improving blood circulation. She was strongly opposed of ice patches because those might help with the pain bit not necessarily with the healing process.
As long as your care provider approves it, you could use that method. In the worst case scenario it will make no difference.
As long as your care provider approves it, you could use that method. In the worst case scenario it will make no difference.
-
ElbowRoom
- Posts: 1332
- Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2025 1:58 pm
Re: Still Have Hematoma Around Pump- 8 weeks
I had a significant bleed during the first week (my fault) that left me with a huge hematoma and scar tissue around the pump and right testicle that took months to resolve, but it did. Just give it time and don't get impatient.
59yo Coloplast Titan 28cm Penoscrotal with Dr. Hakky 10/21/2025.
Pre-op erect measurements:
8.5"L and 6.4”C
Post-op: 8.9” L and 6.2” C at 10 months
Pre-op erect measurements:
8.5"L and 6.4”C
Post-op: 8.9” L and 6.2” C at 10 months
-
Kodixx
- Posts: 1097
- Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2025 5:32 pm
Re: Still Have Hematoma Around Pump- 8 weeks
allin320, yes I experienced that to a degree that it delayed the start of cycling. In addition, I got to go thru the pump being adhered to my scrotum
Below is a link to a related post in my Journal. My Dr communicated that there wasn't much to do for it, and it would take time to dissolve -- and he was right
The adhered pump was a different story.
Another Journal
https://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25919&start=20#p250091
- Chuck
Another Journal
https://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25919&start=20#p250091
- Chuck
allin320 wrote:Has anyone had this happen to them this late postop?
Feb 2025 58yo, 38 w/ greatest wife ever
AMS CX, Tenacio, Dr Broghammer (excellent) pre-op L:7", post-op @ 9 mo L: 6.5=>7.0" G: 5.5=>5.75"
2wks pain, cycling/sex @ 7wks, minor pain until 10wks, felt like 'new normal' sex @ 16wks
AMS CX, Tenacio, Dr Broghammer (excellent) pre-op L:7", post-op @ 9 mo L: 6.5=>7.0" G: 5.5=>5.75"
2wks pain, cycling/sex @ 7wks, minor pain until 10wks, felt like 'new normal' sex @ 16wks
-
LetoMan
- Posts: 539
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:25 pm
Re: Still Have Hematoma Around Pump- 8 weeks
I had a hematoma, and like Kodixx, my doc and my independent research all pointed to time being the only thing that helps - it slowly dissolves on its own. Agreed, ice won’t help. My doc said I could use a gentle heating pad if I wanted to, but that it probably doesn’t help either.
As far as timing, yes, I still had hematoma at eight weeks postop, though much smaller than the grapefruit I had a few days postop. It continued to shrink over next few months.
The key is that it will go away… you just need to be patient. Sorry about that.
Be well, Leto
As far as timing, yes, I still had hematoma at eight weeks postop, though much smaller than the grapefruit I had a few days postop. It continued to shrink over next few months.
The key is that it will go away… you just need to be patient. Sorry about that.
Be well, Leto
Born 1974. Implanted 5/21/2024. AMS 700 CX 21cm, 3cm RTE. Penoscrotal. Venous leak my whole life. Pills helped, but hated the side effects; worked less as I aged. Skipped injections. Grateful to bionic brotherhood that helped me make this decision.
-
allin320
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2026 12:47 pm
Re: Still Have Hematoma Around Pump- 8 weeks
Any indication that scrotal support will help dissolve the hematoma?
I called my doctor‘s office and all they said was the doctor said to try to cycle and I’ll see you in a month. I called back today and was not very nice on my voicemail because the hematoma starts at the center top of my scrotum and goes down to the release valve and pump. There’s no way for me to even try to cycle right now.
I’ve started taking warm baths, hoping that that might help.
This is really starting to piss me off.
I called my doctor‘s office and all they said was the doctor said to try to cycle and I’ll see you in a month. I called back today and was not very nice on my voicemail because the hematoma starts at the center top of my scrotum and goes down to the release valve and pump. There’s no way for me to even try to cycle right now.
I’ve started taking warm baths, hoping that that might help.
This is really starting to piss me off.
48 years old, divorced, ED for 8 years. Titan 23cm 8/5/2026
-
lasthope2.0
- Posts: 340
- Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2025 1:23 pm
Re: Still Have Hematoma Around Pump- 8 weeks
allin320 wrote:Any indication that scrotal support will help dissolve the hematoma? ….
My doc recommended NDS Wear Mesh Jockstrap. It worked great for me. I liked the product and will order this again for my next surgery, but their shipping speed was not good. Maybe faster via Amazon and worth checking.
https://ndswear.com/products/suspensory ... ear-2-pack
Keeping the scrotum elevated using a towel while sleeping is another great tip my doc gave me. It was helpful too.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, ClaudeBot, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 252 guests
