To tell friends or not about implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
shadowwolfe

Re: To tell friends or not about implant?

Postby shadowwolfe » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:03 am

I have told my wife of course. My dad also knows since I had to cancel a trip with my parents for the surgery. Him and I had talked before anyhow, because he also had ed from prostate cancer. I saw a personal ad once from a guy asking if anyone had a implant. I wrote and talked to him about it and he asked if he could see it and I let him. He watched as I inflated and deflated. I wasn't uncomfortable at all because I wish someone would have done that for me. Sometimes I wonder if I should confine in my church leader. My package shows through my clothes. You can see the outline clealry if your looking. I was working with the youth when suddenly I was pulled. I noticed a week before this, one women was glancing at my package while I was standing up front as they sang happy birthday to me. They didn't give me a reason for letting me go without notice and only said I did a good job, but I wonder if my now pronounced package made them uncomfortable. Just afraid If I told my local church leader, he could say something and soon word would spread. The only reason I have thought about it, is so they know I'm not a sex maniac that gets excited around kids or women in the church. I have even worn double underwear at times but that is just too uncomfortable and still did not hide the bulge.
Prostate cancer at age 38? Implant Titan OTR April 28, 2011, Salt Lake City, UT. Line broke 2017 because pump was placed too high and a line was pinched. Replacement October 10, 2017 Reims, France with the new model Titan OTR.

stkman

Postby stkman » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:13 am

Told my family about my decision to pursue an implant. We are very close and I didn't want to lie to them because this is a serious operation. I go to the urologist Tuesday for consultation. I agree with another poster that said he would confide with another guy in the same situation.

ready1

Postby ready1 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:28 am

The way I look at it ...It's not much different from a breast implant..only it's hard to hide a breast implant..lol

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:34 am

Looks like most of us keep this to ourselves. I, too, have told no one (present company excepted). Only I, my wife, and my docs know I have the implant. If somebody asked, I'd readily admit to having one, but I'm not advertising it either. Seems to me it's nobody's business.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

billyt0808

Postby billyt0808 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:45 pm

i dont hesitate to tell most people, friends especially, if they are male and have had ED or prostate issues. i wish i had known someone with an implant prior to my procedure. i sure it would have helped to speak with someone with "hands on" experience.

Return to “Implants”