pain at base of penis

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Charlie999

Re: pain at base of penis

Postby Charlie999 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:26 pm

Thanks Rim
I will continue my search for those very illusive tabs. I must have caught them on one of my trials, because I seem flaccid at times. In any event, I have a consult with dr in 2 weeks. Hope I learn something then. I will be 4 weeks post op at that consult. Since I live 5 hours away fm doctors office, I have seen him only once since surgery. He told me to deflate, but do not inflate, and email him pictures every Monday. Thankful To be one of the lucky ones. -- no pain. My wife removed stitches at 14 days. Had some pain the first night, but none to speak of since.

Again, thanks for your post.

God bless the boys that make the noise on FT.

Regards to All,

Charlie
85 married 36 yrs. implanted by Dr. Paul Perito June 14. Complete revision by Dr. Ralphael Carrion May 17 because of leaking Coloplast.

TEBozo

Postby TEBozo » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:20 am

Implanted with a 23 cm. Titan on 05/28 and had sex for 1st time last Thursday,. It does take more pumps to get fully erect than u think. Harder than hell to get the release button it takes awhile to figure out how to deflate it.

billylee

Postby billylee » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:57 am

You will learn it more and more with practice.
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

BillinAL

Postby BillinAL » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:11 am

Billy,
Where did you get the Coloplast keychain - I am scheduled for Titan activation in a couple of weeks and that looks helpful?

Thanks,

Bill
75 years old, Severe ED since Robotic Prostatectomy in 2010. Titan implanted 2014 by Dr Milam. Titan failed (tubing leak near cylinder) May 2017. Revision by Dr. Kramer on 7/26/17. Replaced cylinders and pump - upsized to 22 cm Titan, 1 cm RTE.

TEBozo

Postby TEBozo » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:29 pm

Bulb is eay to locate, stiff and hard to pump at first. The release valve harder to locate. I've got one of those, too.

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:09 pm

I got my keychain from the surgeon who did the implant. Mine looks quite similar to this, except the deflate pads are shaped slightly differently than this picture. I wonder if the "OTR" pump has gone through a slight redesign, or if this is the newer 'Touch' pump?

Edit: Here's a picture of the keyring I got. Just slightly different than the one above.

otr.jpg
otr.jpg (121.52 KiB) Viewed 3392 times
Last edited by rlm1818 on Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

billylee

Postby billylee » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:56 pm

Bill, I believe TeB and I both received our "keychain" at the first scheduled activation appt. Like rim, I would suggest a slight structural change from some descriptions I have read.

I have found the "One Touch" name is a bit of a misnomer making one perhaps think that just one touch and it deflates. I find that not exactly true, if in fact that is what they are implying. One squeeze on the "rimed" area/bar (see pic) and one does loose pressure, but total deflate seems to me to require holding the deflate "bar" for about eight seconds while one squeezes penis. Deflation is the part that seems to take the longest, but I think it is because we are in a hurry. We just have to learn that it is a simple part of the process and really only 15 to 30 seconds of time. For the use we just received from IPP, guess we should be tickled. T, trust me, a few weeks of twice a day I/D exercises, that bulb will soften up considerably. And, the proper grip on pump will get much simpler....you will even learn different grips for different occasions. My pump lays pretty flat in bottom of scrotum with bulb to left side. I find it easy to grasp with right or left hand....when real slippery inside, I occasionally need help from off hand. Practice will produce a talent at use. ha. b
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

BillinAL

Postby BillinAL » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:08 pm

Thank you Rim and Billy for that info. I will assume Dr Milam will provide that one activation on July 29th.
75 years old, Severe ED since Robotic Prostatectomy in 2010. Titan implanted 2014 by Dr Milam. Titan failed (tubing leak near cylinder) May 2017. Revision by Dr. Kramer on 7/26/17. Replaced cylinders and pump - upsized to 22 cm Titan, 1 cm RTE.

stringerbell

Postby stringerbell » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:52 pm

For anyone having trouble with the inflate/deflate buttons…. I personally had Kramer do mine, everything is 100% perfect now. I honestly couldn't find the deflate buttons and couldn't get the inflate mechanism started so save my life, I tried for hours and got pretty depressed a month after surgery. I went into the office and he figured it out in 30 seconds and minutes showed me how to use it in 3 minutes. I spent too much time stressing when I should have just left it alone and asked him to just teach me.

Bottom line- it's really easy, and everything's going to be fine. These docs are professionals and have spent years dealing with these devices, if you're having trouble, just let them show you.

Return to “Implants”