Kinda wished I had waited

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Rufian

Kinda wished I had waited

Postby Rufian » Sun May 26, 2024 10:38 am

Im 5 days post malleable surgery and have pain which is know is normal but I keep reading these stories of guys having infections weeks after surgery or their implant failing even malleables

Im 40 and trimix was working fine but i also had scar tissue confirmed by surgeon.

I had to pay 12k out of pockets and they didn’t even take care credit which i was planning to use so now my bank has reduced to barely 5k

If this shit were to get infected or fail, I wouldn’t have the funds for a replacement plus if it gets infected it needs to be removed and the longer you wait for a replacement the more size you lose

So if it fails or gets infected, it literally needs to be replaced as soon as is removed

If this shit were to happen soon i would need to travel to india and have it done cause i wouldn’t have the fund to drop another 12-13k just like that

Im kinda regretting this, i can resist the pain somehow but im very afraid now im gonna be unlucky and it will fail or get infected

I dont have any health issues

In 2009 i had a chin implant done through the mouth where infection risk is higher and never had any issues and ive had it for 25 years now

I want to stay positive but all these negative stories bring me down

Also is different with chin or any other body implant you can remove it and have it done whenever nothing bad will happen

With the penile implant it needs to be revised instantly and that costs $$$

All i can do now is keep using my antibiotics and be careful as I don’t have any issues at all but i keep thinking about negatives that could happen and ruin my life

I placed all my bets on this

Maybe i coulda waited 5-10 years or at least until trimix stopped working completely?

Tho i already had moderate scar tissue and only used trimix 12-15 times

Rider1400

Re: Kinda wished I had waited

Postby Rider1400 » Sun May 26, 2024 11:27 am

Infection rate is at the worst in the low single digits! You could die in a car wreck on the way to the grocery store also!!! Or have a heart attack any day at any time….
You already had it done! Try to be positive and think about how good it’s going to be when you’re healed!! You did a malleable so you don’t have nearly as much recovery exercises and pumping to worry about. The failure rate is much less with a malleable than with a three piece which is even more encouraging. Think on the positives rather than the minute possibility of failure. 98%. Chance you will be fine!! I’ll take that!!
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

Rufian

Postby Rufian » Sun May 26, 2024 11:36 am

Rider1400 wrote:Infection rate is at the worst in the low single digits! You could die in a car wreck on the way to the grocery store also!!! Or have a heart attack any day at any time….
You already had it done! Try to be positive and think about how good it’s going to be when you’re healed!! You did a malleable so you don’t have nearly as much recovery exercises and pumping to worry about. The failure rate is much less with a malleable than with a three piece which is even more encouraging. Think on the positives rather than the minute possibility of failure. 98%. Chance you will be fine!! I’ll take that!!

Im a worrier and on the spectrum.

I bet all my odds on this and im hoping nothing goes bad.

Yeah is done and not going back, but i will continue to save my money just in case if i ever need a replacement

Mark1974

Postby Mark1974 » Sun May 26, 2024 1:18 pm

I would think if it gets infected a surgeon would replace the malleable to keep the space as a matter of good practice

They can always sue you for payment later, but the scarring is irreversible
I was born in 1974. I've had venous leak ED since early 30's, but managed with pde5 inhibitors until mid 40's. I have fairly severe hour-glassing, but no hard plaques. My urologist is worldwide acknowledged expert Dr. Laurence Levine

Rufian

Postby Rufian » Sun May 26, 2024 2:30 pm

Mark1974 wrote:I would think if it gets infected a surgeon would replace the malleable to keep the space as a matter of good practice

They can always sue you for payment later, but the scarring is irreversible

Except i dont know if they would do a salvage without prior payment.

Im 40 and crappy insurance. I have care credit but many dont take that.

Nothing is wrong is just my mind catastrophizing

Its easy for surgeons to say salvage but nobody thinks about the cost

I still have 25 years till medicare maybe i shoulda waited for as long as possible and just limiting myself to sex once every couple months which is what I was doing with trimix but i was tired of that

Either way if I don’t have any issues i will have to save religiously just in case one day something goes bad

Would the ER even replace the malleable?

Like if I have an infection and needs to be removed, would they just remove it and close it or would they put another malleable and send me the bill?

Craigohbig

Postby Craigohbig » Sun May 26, 2024 2:52 pm

Rufian wrote:Im 5 days post malleable surgery and have pain which is know is normal but I keep reading these stories of guys having infections weeks after surgery or their implant failing even malleables

Im 40 and trimix was working fine but i also had scar tissue confirmed by surgeon.

I had to pay 12k out of pockets and they didn’t even take care credit which i was planning to use so now my bank has reduced to barely 5k

If this shit were to get infected or fail, I wouldn’t have the funds for a replacement plus if it gets infected it needs to be removed and the longer you wait for a replacement the more size you lose

So if it fails or gets infected, it literally needs to be replaced as soon as is removed

If this shit were to happen soon i would need to travel to india and have it done cause i wouldn’t have the fund to drop another 12-13k just like that

Im kinda regretting this, i can resist the pain somehow but im very afraid now im gonna be unlucky and it will fail or get infected

I dont have any health issues

In 2009 i had a chin implant done through the mouth where infection risk is higher and never had any issues and ive had it for 25 years now

I want to stay positive but all these negative stories bring me down

Also is different with chin or any other body implant you can remove it and have it done whenever nothing bad will happen

With the penile implant it needs to be revised instantly and that costs $$$

All i can do now is keep using my antibiotics and be careful as I don’t have any issues at all but i keep thinking about negatives that could happen and ruin my life

I placed all my bets on this

Maybe i coulda waited 5-10 years or at least until trimix stopped working completely?

Tho i already had moderate scar tissue and only used trimix 12-15 times

Jesus dude

You’ll be fine
42 ED for 9 years vl after a fall. Pre implant 8 1/4 bp x 6 1/8 ish
Clavell titan 26+1 rte…post op very excited: 8 5/8” x 6 1/4” (7” base)
Starting to lose some length

Journeyman

Postby Journeyman » Sun May 26, 2024 3:54 pm

The surgery is done , you can't go back , so let's move forward and address your concerns. 1) INFECTION: This is controllable. Take time to clean and sterilize your bathroom. Toilet , sinks and shower. Be aware of what your touching, wash your hands before and after handling your dick. If you do this for a couple weeks the incision will be healed and you won't have to worry about it anymore. 2) MONEY FOR A 2ND SURGERY: be vigilant on #1 and you won't have to be concerned about #2 ! ....3) YOUR SAVINGS: Now that you won't be needing a 2nd surgery because you didn't get an infection, you can start saving again . It's a pain and it's slow and frustrating ( I went trough the same thing with everything breaking at the same time - Fridge , Truck , TV ....and other stuff , my war chest plummeted and I was pissed off about it, but that's why I had it and was thankful I did ! Now I'm back up and whole again ) but you can do it . You did it before. Hell... a lot of people DONT have 5k in their savings ! You'll be ok my brother . Just start dealing with the situation you're in and not what you wished it to be .
Last edited by Journeyman on Sun May 26, 2024 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
54 - Coloplast Titan 22cm , Implanted by Dr. Clavell in April 2023

on the road of life

Postby on the road of life » Sun May 26, 2024 5:04 pm

Keep in mind that most people with good implant results disappear from the forum for a while or permanently after the operation. (I am resuming these days after almost two years).
Logically, people who have a problem come looking for similar experiences and recommendations on how their colleagues solved it. That is to say, there is a certain bias, so it seems that there are many problems and the reality is that a very high percentage of colleagues are fine.
Those who are fine are fucking... Hehehe

Stay positive, cases of infection are few and doctors have learned to reduce them

Anyway, save, but for your next vacation trip
56. Bionic 10/21/2022. Titan 22+2. OTR pump. Penoscrotal.
ED due to Venous Leak, for years compensated, good incoming arterial blood flow to the penis, healthy heart and arteries.
Vacuum pumps
Sildenafil
Interventional Radiology Embolization.
Injections

wilsonmill

Postby wilsonmill » Sun May 26, 2024 6:10 pm

Don't stress, I am a diabetic and went thru this 5 yrs ago. Eat healthy and like others have said keep everything clean, I have got to go through this again as mine has failed, probably stay with an ipp as my wife does not like the idea of a malleable but I sure do, your malleable will probably last you 30 yrs. Take care of yourself and Don't Stress .
Age 63, diabetic type1,wear insulin pump, heart attack from COVID vaccine, Married 20+ years, Titan implant 27Feb2019, Duke Medical Hospital, Dr Lentz, Titan failed March of 2024, revision to happen 25Jun2024 at Rex Hospital in Raleigh (UNC)

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Sun May 26, 2024 9:25 pm

I had a malleable implant , and was given about 6 different drugs for aftercare . One prescription was antibiotics and one was for inflammation .
    I only had discomfort in the glands with presser on them. i kept the stitches dry and cleaned it with the provided fluid .
    i had no issues . The hard part for me was going without exercise and not being able to go in the ocean for one month . After 5/6 weeks the stitches desolved and that was the end of anything left of the surgery .
    i have had sex with 2 different girls and each girl several times . and its great to see them wear themselfs out riding it , then bend them over doggie and punish them some more haha
    the chances of a infection are very low and the need for a "revision" is about nothing .no pump malfunctioning , no tubes disconnecting or springing a leak . or reservoir didnt have enough fluid etc etc , 1 operation, 2 and 3 or more .
    this is one and done
    when time for sex pull it up and go . just wait till week 4 and 5 .

Return to “Implants”