when to start cycling

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
walnut99

when to start cycling

Postby walnut99 » Sun May 19, 2024 3:01 pm

I am fresh off my procedure with Dr Eid. I know he tells patients to begin cycling the 3rd full day post surgery. I have read numerous posts on here from patients of other drs that seem to start cycling weeks after surgery. Curious why that is? Does that give those that start cycling so soon after surgery a head start? When I inflate the pain is bad; especially at my tip near the head and the base of the shaft. I did have fibrosis/peyronie's from years of Trimix. Dont know how that will affect this process? Right now, it hurts too much to get to fully inflated. Not to mention my size - i clearly have lost some for now.
49 yrs.VL based ED since teen yrs, most likely congenital.Pills, shots worked 4 functional sex life. Pills stopped being effective,shots less so.Trimix caused peyronies.Ipp dr Eid may 2024. 22 cm, 2cm RTE on left, 2cm cut on right

rdnkbiker

Re: when to start cycling

Postby rdnkbiker » Sun May 19, 2024 3:08 pm

whatever your doc says and your comfortable with great starting point every doc is different and as far as size your way to early to even worry about that lots of cycling a head of you put in the work it pays off
HBP since my 20s Full ED i was 55 when i received my implant January 17th 2017 sever scare tissue through corpora cavernosa clear to the glands (no blood flow) complete revision new equipment july 10th 2023 AMS CX 21cm very happy

DeadlineDave

Postby DeadlineDave » Sun May 19, 2024 8:33 pm

Right now it may be important to just use the pump a little. You have plenty of time for "heroic" cycling.
71 years old. Implanted 1/2/2024 with AMS LGX, 18cm with 4cm rear extenders by Dr. Bryan Kansas in Austin, TX.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Mon May 20, 2024 9:44 am

walnut99 wrote:I am fresh off my procedure with Dr Eid. I know he tells patients to begin cycling the 3rd full day post surgery. I have read numerous posts on here from patients of other drs that seem to start cycling weeks after surgery. Curious why that is? Does that give those that start cycling so soon after surgery a head start? When I inflate the pain is bad; especially at my tip near the head and the base of the shaft. I did have fibrosis/peyronie's from years of Trimix. Dont know how that will affect this process? Right now, it hurts too much to get to fully inflated. Not to mention my size - i clearly have lost some for now.

This is a question you should ask your doctor. You are most likely different than some other of your doctors patients. So even if the author of a response here used the same doctor and device your instructions may be different. Your doctor had you open in the ER and has a lot more knowledge about you than anyone else. Early activation has been shown in several studies to reduce size loss after surgery. But the study groups were small, and the amount of size gained was small. Best thing for you to do now is to follow your doctors' instructions the best you can. And contact your doctor if you have questions about pain. Not all doctors work to give maximum results. Think about knee surgery. There are most likely a handful of doctors around that do pro sports players. But there are many doing knees on regular folks. Skill levels will vary a lot. I had my yearly uro visit with my local PA. It was not for my implant but she did ask if everything was ok with it. I ask if they still had a lot of men that ended up just having the devices they implanted removed. And she said yes. I pointed out that national average is above 90% satisfaction. And that put them way below average. 6 years ago when I was in contact with them about getting an implant wait time for activation was 8 weeks. Seems they have a lot of trouble with the 2-3 a year they do being problem free. Most of the really good doctors will have shorter wait times for activation as they have the skill and developed a surgical method to do so. The really good doctors do everything they can for the best possible outcome. That does not mean men cannot have a good outcome with a local doctor and longer wait time for activation or longer wait time with your doctor due to some extra work that was done.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Return to “Implants”