Pumps LGX and CX. Need advised on choosing an implant and surgeon

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
AntonS

Pumps LGX and CX. Need advised on choosing an implant and surgeon

Postby AntonS » Fri May 17, 2024 2:31 pm

Hello!

Please tell me, do ams lgx and cx have the same pumps or are they different?

My doctor, a professor who has been implanting ams since 1995, claims that the cx has a worse pump than the lgx. It seems to me that the lgx and cx come with the same pumps from the factory.

At the same time, the doctor says that ams implants are actually more durable than Titan, because in his practice, Titan has more tube erosions. Now the doctor installs only lgx, but I have a very difficult case.

I had a vein ligation done with terrible complications. I ended up having 3 surgeries on my penis. Now I have scar tissue on the tunica albuginea, which gives a slight upward curvature and adhesions between the pubis and the base of the penis in the area of ​​the suspensory ligament. Also, there is a slight narrowing at the base dick.
My story viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21679&hilit=My+tragic+story
The doctor offers to put me on Lgx, he claims that lgx will cope with all my changes. You will have to make incisions on the tunica albuginea. The doctor says that all this debate about the rigidity between Tinan and lgx is complete nonsense, because, in his opinion, the rigidity is created by the tunica albuginea, and not by the cylinders of the prosthesis themselves, which I doubt.

I understand that I need the Titan, because firstly it is more rigid than the lgx, and secondly, I have a large girth - 6.5 inches. I'm afraid of losing girth with lgx. But what bothers me about the Titan is its sluggish appearance, dog ears and possible tube erosion. I had a consultation with Rados Djinovic and he told me that he only installs Titan and CX, he does not install LGX at all, since it may have perforation of the cylinders in the head area. Djinovic reported that in his experience, Coloplast Titan has fewer failures than ams.

Clavell and David Ralf also use only Titan and CX, very rarely lgx. At the moment I'm leaning towards the CX for its fair amount of stiffness, ability to maintain girth, although not as good as the Titan will, but I think it does a better job than the lgx in solving my issues with scarring and a nice flabby look. In my opinion, CX is the golden mean between Titan and LGX in my case.
I'm 37.
I will be glad to receive any of your comments and advice.

So far, on May 30, I am scheduled to embolize the veins of the prostatic plexus with glue (not with spirals, but with expensive glue that turns into lava and supposedly gives fewer relapses than conventional spirals + sclerosant). I have huge veins in my pelvis, which create venous stagnation and constant problems with inflammation of the prostate and burning in the perineum. Conservative treatment does not help. I have little hope that embolization will help with my leakage and improve my erections given my previous surgeries. For me, an endovascular vascular surgeon guarantees a high probability that it will help with chronic inflammation in the pelvis. He says that it will help with erections, but I have big doubts. Yet again. If it helps, it will be temporary.
In fact, I still have doubts about this $4800 operation.

Please forgive me for my broken English.

wilsonmill

Re: Pumps LGX and CX. Need advised on choosing an implant and surgeon

Postby wilsonmill » Fri May 17, 2024 4:18 pm

Have a Titan that was implanted in 2019, tubing failed in 2024, 5:yrs, waiting on a revision and it won't be a Titan, leaning to lgx as by my research shows fewer failures however there are alot of guys on here with more than 5 yrs with their titan. Best of luck
Age 63, diabetic type1,wear insulin pump, heart attack from COVID vaccine, Married 20+ years, Titan implant 27Feb2019, Duke Medical Hospital, Dr Lentz, Titan failed March of 2024, revision to happen 25Jun2024 at Rex Hospital in Raleigh (UNC)

Return to “Implants”