How long does pain last ?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Adamski

How long does pain last ?

Postby Adamski » Thu May 16, 2024 6:16 am

Hi. New to this site. I had a Coloplast Titan implanted 5 weeks ago. I’m having a few problems, and I’m not getting much help from the doctor. I felt up to having sex for the first time last night - and it was really painful. Is this to be expected, or do you think there’s a problem ?
I’m also having problems keeping deflated - any tips to help please
Thanks
Adam

Ibfuelish

Re: How long does pain last ?

Postby Ibfuelish » Thu May 16, 2024 6:42 am

Everyone has their own journey with recovery… i was implanted 1/31/24… during the first two weeks I wondered what the hell I just did to myself. Week 3-4 was not much better but I did see the light at the end of the tunnel… week 4-8 a journey of discovery learning how to use the damn thing and dealing with the pain associated with healing, and the pain of increased activity. Meaning as I used it more or lived life a bit more fully, I may end up with pain in various sites, scrotum, tip, dog ear, etc.. week 8-12 was a realization that I should’ve done this 10 years ago and now 3-4 months in, it’s all good, no pain, maybe some discomfort here and there due to “overuse” or abuse by the wife. Kind of a good pain to have to be honest. I have diabetes so some pain may be neuropathy which I describe as some pins and needles brought on by sharp stimulation. If the wife’s teeth get involved it’s an “enlightening” experience but not really painful.

That’s all I got, I feel at 3-4 months in pretty much healed, pain free, and have learned about all I need to be successful sexually.

Only negative so far is the loss of size that came from two decades of ED, age and the surgery. But the wife and I adapt with various toys, techniques, positions etc.
57 yo, 20+ years of ED.. no actual diagnosis, just doesn’t work or respond to pills, shots or VED… implanted 1/31/24… 24cm -RTE, AMS 700 CX… slight scarring left corpora. DM2, A1C 6.4, HBP, Hyperlipidemia, 280lbs, 5’11”. Basically Shrek.

Odecko

Postby Odecko » Thu May 16, 2024 7:30 am

Short answer yes it is expected. My pain was so severe that I almost contacted the doctor and have it removed; or not ever inflate the darn thing. Well, with a few weeks of no activity things began to get better. My first inflate was the worst. I went the entire weekend without deflating. I could not feel the deflate button so I could not deflate. Eventually I was able to deflate and became a better patient. TIme heals all wounds when it comes to implants. You will be a better man in a few more weeks. Stay patient! Batter days are ahead
53 yrs old...Widowed at age 34 after 10 years; remarried at 41. Diagnosed with PC at 47. Tried Pills, VED, & Injections & all failed. Dec/2021 - Coloplast Titan XL 24 cm + 1 cm RTE penoscrotal. (Hakky)NOW- LIFE IS GOOD!

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Thu May 16, 2024 7:42 am

As others said, sounds about normal. I was one of the lucky ones and had very little pain more like discomfort after surgery. I used one pain pill to make the ride home from Dallas (350 miles) and it wasn’t necessary. First sex at 3 weeks was very uncomfortable but successful. And it was a slow positive progress from there. By 3-4 months you’ll be hammering it as hard as you want but could still have a little discomfort. By 6 months things should be more normal and your implant begins to just feel like a normal part of you. I thought it was as good as it. Old get til I got around a year and realized how much better it had gotten even the past 6 months. Hopefully now this thing will give me 6-8 or even 10 years of pleasure. Hang in there…. Time heals!
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

Midwest Guy 333

Postby Midwest Guy 333 » Thu May 16, 2024 7:57 am

Same as Ibfuelish... I had such intense pain for so many weeks, I thought I was going to lose my mind. I threatened to get a sharp axe and chop the damn thing off. I'm 5 months in now and still have pain, but nothing steady. Comes and goes depending on how much usage. I masturbate for at least an hour a day, sometimes up to 5 hours as I love to edge. I'm sure that qualifies as overuse, but life is all about choices, right? I do back off due to pain, but I love this thing now. It's amazing to be rock hard for as long as I want to be.

Still do have trouble deflating as well, and a lot of my pain stems from being caged in clothing. I try to rearrange quite often, but nothing feels comfortable when I'm wearing clothes.

Hang in there. It will get better. I used (and still do on a limited basis) a heating pad. GREATLY relieved the discomfort for a time at least.
Implanted 1/17/24 Dr. Clavell, Houston Medical Center Titan XL 24 cm, classic pump, 20 years ED, pills did nothing, injections for 10 years, 64, very fit, 8.2 x 6.2 pre-surgery ;)

Adamski

Postby Adamski » Thu May 16, 2024 9:05 am

Thanks so much for the responses. I feel reassured now !!

DeadlineDave

Postby DeadlineDave » Thu May 16, 2024 11:57 am

Adamski wrote:Thanks so much for the responses. I feel reassured now !!

Thanks for asking this question and for all of the answers. I've been discouraged by the pain of cycling lately, except there is no way I'm going to stop. I couldn't cycle for about the first 12 weeks due to swelling. Now I'm approaching week 8 of cycling. It has gotten me within 1/4" of night-before-surgery length. I'm NOT leaving the 1/4" on the table.

Heating pad helps, ibuprofen. I got a prescription for gabapentin which works well, but began to affect my mood with depressive episodes. Dammit.
71 years old. Implanted 1/2/2024 with AMS LGX, 18cm with 4cm rear extenders by Dr. Bryan Kansas in Austin, TX.

on the road of life

Postby on the road of life » Sun May 19, 2024 7:38 am

hi
I think everyone has a different relationship with pain.

If it hurts you have to stop, and go back a little step.

The medical intervention is harsh and produces a lot of inflammation, you have to let everything take its course and this depends on your body's response to that aggression.

Especially at the tips, at both ends, a capsule should form, while that area does not harden it will surely hurt, and it will feel as if it were going to come off or break. Let's say you get a callus like when you use a hand tool.

Be patient.

regards
56. Bionic 10/21/2022. Titan 22+2. OTR pump. Penoscrotal.
ED due to Venous Leak, for years compensated, good incoming arterial blood flow to the penis, healthy heart and arteries.
Vacuum pumps
Sildenafil
Interventional Radiology Embolization.
Injections

Mr_beard86

Postby Mr_beard86 » Mon May 20, 2024 5:36 am

The pain in the first two weeks for me was slightly more than usual. After 2 months I didn’t feel a thing, life was fully back to normal
37, Indian male based in South East Asia | Implanted by Prof Dr. Ihsan Karaman in Istanbul Turkey with the Rigicon Infla 10ax on 14th August 2023

DeadlineDave

Postby DeadlineDave » Wed May 22, 2024 11:10 am

I am about to hit week 9 of cycling. I'm very diligent and organized about it.....Max pump, 10 Perito's, more pump, 5 Perito's. Most evenings I do max pump, then VED....15 inflations for about 20 seconds each, then hold the last one as long as possible.

I was wondering how in the f*ck I was going to keep this up with the pain. But, thankfully, just in the last few days the pain has come down from an 8 to a 7. Just like everyone says. I can't wait for 6 to arrive. It makes it easier, for sure.
71 years old. Implanted 1/2/2024 with AMS LGX, 18cm with 4cm rear extenders by Dr. Bryan Kansas in Austin, TX.

Return to “Implants”