Ams700 implanted guys

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
newbie443

Re: Ams700 implanted guys

Postby newbie443 » Sat May 11, 2024 12:02 am

Rodsmen wrote:
newbie443 wrote:
ams700xxx wrote:How your implant have been working? I'm wery interested to hear good and bad things....

Over 6 years on mine and it still works. That is, it inflates and deflates. I have all the original parts. Not a perfect install and a perforation repair. But the device is still working. I had a sticky pump that caused some trouble and still will every now and then. I hope it lasts the rest of my life.

What kind of perforation repair? Where did it occur? I had thought that if there was erosion anywhere, you would need to have it all replaced. If a repair can be done, that would be comforting.

If you look in my signature at the bottom of my posts you will see it listed as proximal. That is as closer to centerline of the body or point of attachment vs distal as is farthest away from centerline or point of attachment. So, this is deep inside my body. Very difficult to get to. Used to be game over. But then the sling repair was developed. The development of the Brooks dilator has helped reduce the proximal and distal perforations during surgery. They still happen though in cases where there is scar tissue and other difficult dilations to make room for the cylinders where sharp tools need to be used. Or in cases where a doctor does not use a Brooks or other smooth dilator. I had seen a video of one other man that had a proximal perforation from a surgery by the same doctor that did mine. This is a drawing of the sling suture repair. https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Sut ... _270649537
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Return to “Implants”