Hello after 4 months of implantation i can go to dentist ;

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ED2013

Re: Hello after 4 months of implantation i can go to dentist ;

Postby ED2013 » Thu May 02, 2024 8:57 pm

I have a hip replacement and I take antibiotics before dental work for my hip. My surgeon never mentioned it for my ipp.

Mike1987a

Postby Mike1987a » Fri May 03, 2024 2:41 am

you have and does and aponeurosis exports or only massacres

nick40

Postby nick40 » Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:41 am

Txagq8 wrote:Disclaimer: I am neither a medical doctor nor a dentist. Nothing I say should be taken as medical advice. I am offering an opinion based upon experience and common sense.

I cannot imagine a situation where someone would need to wait four months after implant surgery to have dental work done.

Yes, the big concern with an implant is infection. It’s one reason why they bombard you with IV antibiotics during surgery and maybe a short course of oral antibiotics afterwards.

An implant, however, is not a transplant. You’re not going to be on meds that leave you immune compromised.

One part of the puzzle is what kind of dental procedure needs to be done? A checkup is not a filling is not a cleaning is not an extraction is not a root canal is not an implant.

The short answer is to ask your surgeon. If he says 4 months take his advice. I suspect that 3 or 4 weeks after surgery….you tell the implant surgeon you need to go to the dentist, he will tell you to go.

I had 7 teeth extracted with bone grafts then implants starting 2 months after I got my bionic cock. There were no complications.

Without taking antibiotics?

Return to “Implants”