Appointment set with Clavell

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Pamen116

Appointment set with Clavell

Postby Pamen116 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:56 pm

Next week I hope to talk with Clavell about my revision. Hoping to see what he recommends between devices- I’m pretty set on a Titan (as i have had both Titan and AMS). At the same time, a big part of me wants to go malleable….

Ugh what to do boys… what to do
30 yrs old. Current IPP failed in 2022. Waiting revision. No insurance. I’ve had both Titan & AMS.

Journeyman

Re: Appointment set with Clavell

Postby Journeyman » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:33 pm

You're 30 years old and on your 3rd revision!!!! WTF ! ....good luck
54 - Coloplast Titan 22cm , Implanted by Dr. Clavell in April 2023

wilsonmill

Postby wilsonmill » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:56 pm

I hope you ask about malleable, I have only had 1 implant and it has went bad, as much as I have been reading seems the IPP fail pretty commonly. Maybe malleable is the way to go, but I am 64(soon), so maybe that would work better for me. Good luck and keep us posted.
Age 63, diabetic , heart disease, Married 20 years, Titan implant 27Feb2019, Duke Medical Hospital, Dr Lentz

Jage64

Postby Jage64 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:02 pm

My guess is if you're set on a Titan, Dr. Clavell will happily oblige you. Since you're probably one of the relatively few that have had both (not a fun club to be in, for sure), I'd assume he'll go with your preference.

What was the cause of your IPPs failing?
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

LastHope

Postby LastHope » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:25 am

Dr. Clavell and Malleable! That's like tryin' to teach a pig to dance – it just ain't gonna happen brother!

But hey, who knows, maybe they'll surprise us and come together like biscuits and gravy at a Sunday brunch!

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:03 am

wilsonmill wrote:I hope you ask about malleable, I have only had 1 implant and it has went bad, as much as I have been reading seems the IPP fail pretty commonly. Maybe malleable is the way to go, but I am 64(soon), so maybe that would work better for me. Good luck and keep us posted.

I see you were implanted in 2019. At what point did it fail? If recently that’s 5 years. A lot short of the hopeful 10 years but as many have said before you get a false sense of failure rate if you read a lot on FT. Always remind yourself that this forum is mostly people who are looking to get implanted OR people who are having issues and looking for answers. There are somewhere around 30,000 3 piece units installed and only 1,500 malleable units installed in one year according to one study I just read there’s still a better tha 90% satisfaction rate. Last I looked there’s a little over 3,000people listed on FT and probably not 1/3 of these are active members. So please don’t use what you read here as an average % of people with issues. I have a 92 year old uncle who was implanted with a 3 piece coloplast over 13 years ago and he laughed and says his dick works a whole lot better than the rest of his body! Hang in there and research all you can. Good luck with your revision.
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

wilsonmill

Postby wilsonmill » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:18 pm

Rider1400, the coloplast failed in March of this year, went to the bedroom with my gorgeous wife, started the playing and getting her aroused and I started pumping and got 3 or 4 pumps and then the pump never inflated again ,just stayed flat. I release the valve and the pump refilled and got another 3 pumps out of it. Went to my urologist and he seems to think the tubing has failed. Seems the earliest I can get back in to see him is not until the end of August so I am looking at all options.
Age 63, diabetic , heart disease, Married 20 years, Titan implant 27Feb2019, Duke Medical Hospital, Dr Lentz

Journeyman

Postby Journeyman » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:51 pm

LastHope wrote:Dr. Clavell and Malleable! That's like tryin' to teach a pig to dance – it just ain't gonna happen brother!

But hey, who knows, maybe they'll surprise us and come together like biscuits and gravy at a Sunday brunch!

I had asked Dr. Clavell previously about this subject. He said he rarely does Malleables but will if it is needed .
54 - Coloplast Titan 22cm , Implanted by Dr. Clavell in April 2023

Return to “Implants”