Urgent: Cleaning off the Sutures

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
satyrum

Urgent: Cleaning off the Sutures

Postby satyrum » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:56 am

Implanted by Hakky three weeks ago. The possibility of infection makes me worried right now.

I had minor scrotal swelling. Swelling increased in the last couple of days. Mostly around the pump. My scrotum looks like a large grapefruit in terms of size.

I also spotted dried blood at the lower end of my scrotum. There's also yellow-ish pus-like taint around the sutures. Yellow-ish pus is one the most famous signs of infection.

Here's a photo: https://ibb.co/NxnLTS4

As you can imagine, I got nervous as hell. Sent a text message to Dr. Hakky who told me to clean off the sutures.

Now I need your help. I need someone to tell me how to clean off the sutures. Talk to me like you're talking to a golden retriever. I've been avoiding hardcore cleaning. I was applying soap to a washcloth and gently dripping soapy water onto the scrotum. Then I was cleaning it by dripping as little water as possible. After having a shower, I was gently tapping a towel to dry the incision. No rubbing.

Other Hakky patients, what was your protocol in terms of cleaning off the sutures. I'm at 3 weeks post-op. Thanks in advance.

ps. Hakky does NOT use water-tigh incision. No bath is allowed for 6 weeks. So the person I need shouldn't be a patient of Eid, Billy Cordon etc.

Edit: Thank you guys for your replies. Hakky thinks it looks OK. He told me to rest and apply ice. I'm probably tripping, hope everything goes well.
Last edited by satyrum on Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
37. Implanted by Dr. Hakky. 26cm Titan. January 2024.

Hillywilly

Re: Urgent: Cleaning off the Sutures

Postby Hillywilly » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:24 am

Hakky told me to just put neosporin on mine it doesn't sound like Hakky is that concerned so it's likely your anxiety is getting the better of you which is understandble. I was concerend of infection too. If it will make you feel better Hakky will write you another round (or several) of antibiotics for peace of mind like he did me.
33 HG deformity now Titan OTR 24cm XL + 1 cm RTE's Length 7.25in/ Girth 6in (midshaft) Dr. Hakky 4/4/23

rdnkbiker

Postby rdnkbiker » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:27 am

I used the same antibacterial soap he had me get before surgery to shower with for a few days .... seemed to work ok for me
HBP since my 20s Full ED i was 55 when i received my implant January 17th 2017 sever scare tissue through corpora cavernosa clear to the glands (no blood flow) complete revision new equipment july 10th 2023 AMS CX 21cm very happy

Ocarroll

Postby Ocarroll » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:32 am

I’m almost exactly where you are as far as timing and the look of your scrotum stitches. Although I haven’t seen any pus, I do have a slight weeping of blood everyday but nothing drastic and I’m still a bit swollen, but getting better everyday. Only post surgery instruction I got was to not rub the incision sight to hard when showering, but allow the water to gently let water run over it then keep it dry. I’ve also started gently patting it with alcohol and a cotton swab a couple of times a day to clean. I just finished my antibiotics yesterday, so hoping for no issues from here on. Hang in there and keep us posted on your progress.
63, spine surgery in ‘23 resulted in severe ED. Implanted 8 Jan 24 with 20cm + 2 RTEs in Austin, Tx by Dr Yang.

Return to “Implants”