Bluetooth implant coming

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Re: Bluetooth implant coming

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:19 pm

indeed wrote:
Blankloads69 wrote:My doc is working really closely with the development of the Bluetooth one. Apparently there will st)ill be a way to manually pump if the Bluetooth isn't working for whatever reason. Boston Scientific is also apparently going to release larger, more durable cylinders than what's currently available for the AMS, but I don't know the timeline on that. A good thing, imo, because even in his words, the LGX cylinders are too "squirrely" after 15cm due to the material it's made with.

On top of other reasons, it's these developments with the AMS influencing why he chooses not to work with Coloplast and offer Titan. Coloplast will just never have the funding to develop things much better than what they currently have.

If there is a way to not have a pump and tubing in the balls and still be able to inflate it manually, i don't even need the bluetooth. I'd be extatic if i had a manually working implant without anything in my balls

When I first joined FrankTalk, I posed (and posted drawings of) an implant which would have the pump built into the base of the penile implant. Manipulating the distal portion of the implant (and penis) would squeeze the (proximally placed) pump and force fluid into the distal portion of the implant, thus erecting the penis. In this way a partner's movements (manual, oral, vaginal, anal) would make a semi-erect penis into a more and more erect penis.

Alas, I did the math and found that the pump bulbs that could fit into the proximal portion of the implant/penis were very small and it would take thousands of thrusts to produce inflation of the implant. Essentially a pipe dream. But a very pleasant one.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:09 pm

I had my 3 month check up with my dr today. Since he seems to be well connected to AMS I asked him about this new fangled implant. I think he said that it is expected to come out in 2029. Seems that a major holdup is miniaturizing the pump. Getting the volume & pressure required out of a miniature pump is a big challenge.
My take on this is that if the engineering & manufacfuring hurdles can't be overcome. It won't be happening.
So I'm suggesting that most guys should plan on this for their next revision rather than waiting on the chance that "if" it can be made.
I suggested that he talks to AMS about making a curved implant so that mens erection angle can be improved. He said that this has been discussed before, at least 8 years ago. I guess that AMS doesn't see it as being worth the effort. I said that they'd need to stitch the cylinder so they would stay oriented correctly. He said that they're in essence already stitched in orientation now. So that isn't the problem. Basically they just need to be made with a gentle peyronies curve upwards.
Very good discussion. I honestly think that he is on our side.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

YC1990

Postby YC1990 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:54 pm

https://youtu.be/WLdIqMUt89Q?si=1xUp6uzoWUqc6xvc

Watch at 5:00 of the video. As the dr said in 2025 is coming. Let's see..
Implanted on 6 November 2023 (33 years old)
AMS LGX MS Pump 12mm x 18cm
Spherical Reservoir 65mL
3cm Rear Tip Extender

Thisworld

Postby Thisworld » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:32 am

YC1990 wrote:https://youtu.be/WLdIqMUt89Q?si=1xUp6uzoWUqc6xvc

Watch at 5:00 of the video. As the dr said in 2025 is coming. Let's see..

Is anyone in contact with this doctor or can tell us more about it?
Hard flaccid syndrome since 2019. Trying to get better with conservative treatments but an implant is on my radar

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:20 pm

I'm truly curious. What is the fascination with this bluetooth concept? You'll still have a pump, tubing & cylinders. All the stuff that can fail is still present in your groin. Only now a more complicated part is added which should have its own failure rate added to what is already there.

I'm all for technology but it has to make sense to me before I buy in to it.

Also, you can bet that most insurance companies will be reluctant to cover it and/or apply an additional copay to it. Also, I'm sure that it'll have a limit to the pressure that it'll generate. Thus it'll make cycling less effective.

Will you fanboys explain?
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:00 pm

Gt1956 wrote:I'm truly curious. What is the fascination with this bluetooth concept? You'll still have a pump, tubing & cylinders. All the stuff that can fail is still present in your groin. Only now a more complicated part is added which should have its own failure rate added to what is already there.

Also, you can bet that most insurance companies will be reluctant to cover it and/or apply an additional copay to it. Also, I'm sure that it'll have a limit to the pressure that it'll generate. Thus it'll make cycling less effective.

I am not a "fanboy" zealot, as I do see problems with it. But I do recognize certain advantages.

No pump in the scrotum.

Ability to pump up without distraction, having to use hands, etc. In theory, inflation could be put on a timer similar to the delayed shutter on a smartphone camera. Think of it. Start foreplay with a flaccid penis and have the erection rise up in your love's hands or mouth. Could be (with the proper timing) very similar to a natural erection.

Of course there will be a limit to the pressure generated...just as there is a limit to the pressure now. Safety first, you know
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:12 pm

so then you would not only have a pump in your balls ,but a battery[ that will need to be charged and wears out] and electric powered motor it runs. Getting crowded in there and bulky. . Great idea. I can imagine if its shorts out. That would be fun.

Mark1974

Postby Mark1974 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:23 pm

ready2go wrote:so then you would not only have a pump in your balls ,but a battery[ that will need to be charged and wears out] and electric powered motor it runs. Getting crowded in there and bulky. . Great idea. I can imagine if its shorts out. That would be fun.

I agree with you

They need to put more brainpower into designing a malleable with material that causes less erosion and less into building machine men
I was born in 1974. I've had venous leak ED since early 30's, but managed with pde5 inhibitors until mid 40's. I have fairly severe hour-glassing, but no hard plaques. My urologist is worldwide acknowledged expert Dr. Laurence Levine

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:25 am

Lost Sheep wrote:
Gt1956 wrote:I'm truly curious. What is the fascination with this bluetooth concept? You'll still have a pump, tubing & cylinders. All the stuff that can fail is still present in your groin. Only now a more complicated part is added which should have its own failure rate added to what is already there.

I am not a "fanboy" zealot, as I do see problems with it. But I do recognize certain advantages.
No pump in the scrotum.
Ability to pump up without distraction, having to use hands, etc. In theory, inflation could be put on a timer similar to the delayed shutter on a smartphone camera. Think of it. Start foreplay with a flaccid penis and have the erection rise up in your love's hands or mouth. Could be (with the proper timing) very similar to a natural erection.
Of course there will be a limit to the pressure generated...just as there is a limit to the pressure now. Safety first, you know

Pehaps my skepticism is too strong. But consider a few points. Frequently new technology over promises & under delivers. I'm sure that those that pay the bill. Read that as insurance companies, will scrutinize every additional penny charged. To the young members that have a hard time getting implant coverage. The bar will be raised again.

I might disagree on the pump not being in the scrotum. If it was found that the pumps needed to be serviced? I.e. battery or perhaps a replacement pump cartridge. The scrotum is the logical place for it. The pacemakers I've seen were not in the chest cavity.

No distractions or stealthy? Isn't holding a bluetooth remote in one hand a distraction & very obvious?

Too many eyes are glazed over on some of this. As for the "projected" release date. I had this talk with my dr. He is in several of their sponsored YouTube videos. His comment was that they are having a difficult time miniaturizing the pump. Seems matching the flow, volume & power used/needed constraints are not going well. You can bet that cost is going to limit the miniaturization & final features. Thus any date thrown around is purely hypothetical. This news stuff is released to help the companies share prices more than to give us a date.

Consider how trouble free these might be? Try standing in line at a phone store & hearing the complaints. Both hardware & software. Cell phones are a fairly mature technology developed by many huge tech companies with an installed base of many millions. Some could suggest a billion cell phones in service.

Just curious what would happen to Coloplast if Boston Scientific wins this tech race. Not that Coloplast isn't a profitable large medical company. But is their market share of implants sufficiently large enough to absorb the R & D for this. Would they stick to the old pump? Be willing to lose market share? Heaven forbid, buy AMS pumps to install in Titans???

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:43 pm

ready2go wrote:so then you would not only have a pump in your balls ,but a battery[ that will need to be charged and wears out] and electric powered motor it runs. Getting crowded in there and bulky. . Great idea. I can imagine if its shorts out. That would be fun.

The pump and battery would not necessarily be in your scrotum. It could be anywhere between the reservoir and the implant cylinders. Scrotum could be bypasses entirely.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Return to “Implants”