Spousal support

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Witheringhog

Re: Spousal support

Postby Witheringhog » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:25 am

Stayingstrong wrote:I believe that many wives and girlfriends may feel threatened by it, especially in situations where ED and no sex where present for a while.
I think they feel that you, wanting this implant, relates to you wanting sex in general while they are content in a sexless relationship.
I believe they may feel threatened by it in that it indicates that you are seeking sex and if they are not desiring it, you will and are VERY capable of finding it elsewhere.
Much the same as a wife who all of a sudden starts focusing on her appearance after a long time having not been concerned about it. Red flag that she is running astray or, at the very least, thinking about it.

Totally agree with the first part, i think alot of women just dont like sex and would rather be in a sexless marriage. Not sure about them thinking its a red flag, i am sure some do, i think more would just be annoyed they have to do their wifely duty.
49 - Coloplast Titan 22 implanted 5-2 Dr. Clavell in Houston

WyoMan

Postby WyoMan » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:31 am

My wife said she was surprised that I wanted implant but was supportive throughout. And since she said she was glad I did it.
80; married 57 years; HBP well controlled, overweight. Prostate Arterial Embolization Jan 2017: No indication of cancer. Injections failed. Implanted Nov. 2, 2018. Dr. Karin Dolan, Billings, Mt. AMS LGX 15 cm+2 2.5 cm RTE. 65 ml reservoir.

Time2Change

Postby Time2Change » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:01 pm

Peter MI wrote:I have an appointment scheduled for an implant 0n 1/25/24, and getting minimal to no support from my 17 year younger wife. Anyone had this type of an issue ? We have been married for 25 years, and up until 5 years ago, enjoyed a pretty good sex life. Increasing ED made sex impossible 3 years ago.
Peter

My wife was very skeptical about me getting an implant.

Our sex life had been practically nonexistent for years. So, it made sense that she would be doubtful that there would be a change with the implant.

But I was confident and went ahead with it.

Since I've gotten the implant, our sex life has gotten much better.

So, it worked out well for me and us even though she wasn't supportive prior to the operation.
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

Return to “Implants”