Is erosion with 3-piece even a concern?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
SwedishDave

Is erosion with 3-piece even a concern?

Postby SwedishDave » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:22 pm

Looking through many posts from the past but can barely see anyone that had erosion from 3-piece implant.

Is erosion really a concern for us young guys?

Anyone who has any insight regarding how long the human body can handle an implant? If one gets implanted at 30, will i be able to have implants until im 80? I guess nobody knows for sure but id like to hear some imputs.

I can still get good erections but theyre slowly getting thinner and thinner. Dont know if its ever gonna stop but does not seem that way(hasnt for 10 years, actually worsening the last 2). Want to pull the implant trigger in 1-2 years but thoughts like this stop me.
30 YO,

Hourglass peyronies from stretching. Losing girth.
Several small circumferential fibrosises. Sex and masturbation makes it worse.

Before L: 6.8 G: 5.4
Current L: 6.3 G: 4.8

TheyCallMeDave

Re: Is erosion with 3-piece even a concern?

Postby TheyCallMeDave » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:52 pm

Yes it is. This is a common misconception that inflatable implant do not erode. It is less frequent but can still append (read quite a lot of paper on the subject).You won't find any on FT because this is a late complication. That being said, two points you should consider.

Erosion typically occurs (about 3% after 5 years) because of some aggravating factors: diabetes, Peyronie's disease,no complete deflations, smoking, neurological conditions explaining that guys do not feel the distal pressure properly, frequent use of a catheter (for urethra erosion), aggressive sizing, aggressive cycling and, obviously, age, to name a few. I mean, it is like any other surgery. There are risks. Good thing is: the risk of erosion can be I) prevented ii) fixed by grafting. I wonder why implanters do not put some mesh between the tips and then wall of the glans in anticipation but anyway.

The choice to get surgery is a form of damage control: based on what you know and your condition, what would be the most dommage in 10 years? Complications from surgery or the natural evolution of your disease.

A good paper https://tau.amegroups.org/article/view/29315/html

A good video of how this complication is fixed https://youtu.be/04b8rkET8R0?si=E8ZdTE6zOyYsxDbE
34 years old. PD. Shrinked for 3 years.
My story:https://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22569
Titan 24 Hakky 27/07/2023

Gt1956

Re: Is erosion with 3-piece even a concern?

Postby Gt1956 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:23 pm

SwedishDave wrote:Looking through many posts from the past but can barely see anyone that had erosion from 3-piece implant.

Is erosion really a concern for us young guys?

Anyone who has any insight regarding how long the human body can handle an implant? If one gets implanted at 30, will i be able to have implants until im 80? I guess nobody knows for sure but id like to hear some imputs.

I can still get good erections but theyre slowly getting thinner and thinner. Dont know if its ever gonna stop but does not seem that way(hasnt for 10 years, actually worsening the last 2). Want to pull the implant trigger in 1-2 years but thoughts like this stop me.

I've posted this before. My dr implanted a 101 year old man. He was in good health. But I'm pretty sure this was his first implant.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Return to “Implants”