Skipping Injections

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ruwansilva25

Skipping Injections

Postby ruwansilva25 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:23 pm

Guys who went from pills to implant and skipped the injections stage are you happy?

If you could do it all over again, would you have tried injections for a few years before going for the implant?
40 YO. Been on pills since late 20s. Pills now starting to not work. Might be vein leak. Dont want injections. Hoping to get checked out next month for implant.

Old Guy

Re: Skipping Injections

Postby Old Guy » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:29 pm

Hated the pills, hated the injections. All they were was band-aids until neither worked. I wish I could go back and just do the implant first. Fought ED for 13 years and lost length, along with the struggles of my mental health & depression.
If pills aren't working anymore, just do it. Probably a few years it will be a have to anyway.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Witheringhog

Postby Witheringhog » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:09 pm

ruwansilva25 wrote:Guys who went from pills to implant and skipped the injections stage are you happy?

If you could do it all over again, would you have tried injections for a few years before going for the implant?

What old guy said. I would skip the pills, never did injections. The implant is amazing, cant say enough good about it.
49 - Coloplast Titan 22 implanted 5-2 Dr. Clavell in Houston

beachbum1

Postby beachbum1 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:29 pm

I skipped injection. Thought about it but when the Dr said we could straight to the implant, I jumped on it. Would do it again in a heart beat.
Had to join again as beachbum1. Was and am beachbum but chat has blocked me from a few members
First implanted AMS 700 CX 18+3, in Sept of 2016. Replacement AMS 700 CX 21+2 in August 2023

CigareVolant

Postby CigareVolant » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:33 pm

I used pills for years, with decreasing effectiveness, and then skipped straight to implant. Definitely pleased with my decision, and if I had it to do over again, I would have been implanted at least 5-10 years sooner.
Implanted June, 2022 by Dr. Karpman. 22cm Titan with 1.5cm RTE.

Stayingstrong

Postby Stayingstrong » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:22 am

5 1/2 weeks implant post-op.
Used Trimix for 6 years. Worked great first three, then progressively lesser the next three and for the last year needed a constriction band to hold the blood in.
Trimix gave me a little more length and more girth. Good glans engorgement as well. Implant, so far, is somewhat less but improving. Same with sensitivity.
I believe, in short time, that the implant will prove superior to Trimix mainly for its convenience, spontaneity, certainty, variable hardness that I can dial in, and the straightening of my 40° Peyronie's curve.
All said, however, I have NO regrets having gone the Trimix course l. It worked very well for me and I now have the satisfaction of not having to wonder if I rushed into the implant without first experiencing the Trimix.
I would advise anyone to first go the Trimix route before heading into the final frontier of an implant.
When the Trimix finally begins to fail, it makes the implant a very easy decision.
Bottom line... Trimix is a miracle drug but not a permanent solution.
Side note. If you get the right, experienced and qualified, surgeon not much sensitivity is lost with the implant relative to the Trimix, and I do believe whatever is lessened at first will gradually be restored.
Age 70
Pills didn't work well. Trimix worked good for 3 years, then only fair for following 3 years but need a cock ring in conjunction.
Implant 12/6/2023 Dr. Eid
Coloplast Titan 20 cm with right side trimmed to 19 cm. No RTE. Classic pump.

SWorks17

Postby SWorks17 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:58 am

I skipped injections. I had been having problems with my enlarged benign prostrate not being able to empty my bladder completely. I had filled out a form while I was at my military urologist appointment that I was having ED problems also.
The doc, Major Shaune Barney talked to me about doing the Boston Scientific Rezum procedure where they inject droplets of steam into the prostrate to reduce its size. He also showed me a Boston Scientific video about a cure for ED which was the implant.
I was having problems with the pills not keeping me hard enough while having PIV sex, I would get soft at the end and I would have to reach down and hold my dick at the base to be able to get my wife to climax.
So, the Doc wanted me to have the prostrate procedure first and heal up before making a decision on the implant.
I had the Rezum procedure May 2021 and afterwards I had total ED, nothing would work but I didn't try injections. I think the steam hit some of the nerves down there and caused the total ED.
I told the doc that I definitely wanted to move forward with the implant, he didn't ask me to try any injections. I feel lucky that I didn't have to wait a long time while I had full ED before I got the implant. I didn't get depressed but it definitely messed with my mind and manhood not being able to have sex with my wife.
I used a VED to exercise my dick while I waited for the implant. I had to wait 3 months before I could get the implant. I tried compression rings with the VED but that was awful, my dick was big and plump but it wasn't hard enough for penetration and it felt cold with all the blood stuck in my shaft.
I know that was a lot to say, but I wanted to share my story.
I definitely love the implant and being able to have sex on demand. It did take a while to heal up but I would do it all over again. It restored my manhood and my ability to satisfy me and my wife.
I'm at two years out from surgery and I can keep it pump up for at least 2 hours with no pain or discomfort.
Yes, I would skip the injections!
My signature below shows the date I got my implant, model and size.

S-Works
Age 66, Garden Ridge Texas, Progressive ED after Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18 w 3cm rear tips installed 5 Nov 2021 by Dr Shane Barney, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Married 35 years

nerdynerd

Postby nerdynerd » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:22 pm

I developed Peyronies shortly after starting injections. Wish I had been in a position to go straight to an implant, but had to wait to be on Medicare.
Born 1956. Peyronies + venous leak. Implanted 12/12/23 Dr. Clavell penoscrotal. Proximal = 10cm, right distal = 12.5cm, left distal = 12cm due to Peyronies. 1 0.5cm RTE on the right. 125CC reservoir filled with 110ml saline. Titan OTR.

Stayingstrong

Postby Stayingstrong » Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:28 pm

SWorks17 wrote:I skipped injections. I had been having problems with my enlarged benign prostrate not being able to empty my bladder completely. I had filled out a form while I was at my military urologist appointment that I was having ED problems also.
The doc, Major Shaune Barney talked to me about doing the Boston Scientific Rezum procedure where they inject droplets of steam into the prostrate to reduce its size. He also showed me a Boston Scientific video about a cure for ED which was the implant.
I was having problems with the pills not keeping me hard enough while having PIV sex, I would get soft at the end and I would have to reach down and hold my dick at the base to be able to get my wife to climax.
So, the Doc wanted me to have the prostrate procedure first and heal up before making a decision on the implant.
I had the Rezum procedure May 2021 and afterwards I had total ED, nothing would work but I didn't try injections. I think the steam hit some of the nerves down there and caused the total ED.
I told the doc that I definitely wanted to move forward with the implant, he didn't ask me to try any injections. I feel lucky that I didn't have to wait a long time while I had full ED before I got the implant. I didn't get depressed but it definitely messed with my mind and manhood not being able to have sex with my wife.
I used a VED to exercise my dick while I waited for the implant. I had to wait 3 months before I could get the implant. I tried compression rings with the VED but that was awful, my dick was big and plump but it wasn't hard enough for penetration and it felt cold with all the blood stuck in my shaft.
I definitely love the implant and being able to have sex on demand. It did take a while to heal up but I would do it all over again. It restored my manhood and my ability to satisfy me and my wife.
I'm at two years out from surgery and I can keep it pump up for at least 2 hours with no pain or discomfort.

S-Works

How did the Rezum work for you. I had BPH for 8 years before I had the Urolift which totally failed.
I decided to see Dr. Eid about the implant and the Rezum he also performs
I wanted the implant first and he said that would be OK and we could do the Rezum three months after.
My implant is 5 1/2 weeks old and great and I am unsure now of whether I really want to do the Rezum in two months or just continue and deal with the BPH issues
If the Rezum is not going to prove very effective, I would much rather just forgo it, enjoy the implant, and deal with the BPH symptoms. I am not crazy about the idea of invading the prostate in any way even though the Rezum is supposed to spare the ability to ejaculate, unlike the TURP.
What say you?
Age 70
Pills didn't work well. Trimix worked good for 3 years, then only fair for following 3 years but need a cock ring in conjunction.
Implant 12/6/2023 Dr. Eid
Coloplast Titan 20 cm with right side trimmed to 19 cm. No RTE. Classic pump.

SWorks17

Postby SWorks17 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:18 pm

Stayingstrong wrote:
SWorks17 wrote:I skipped injections. I had been having problems with my enlarged benign prostrate not being able to empty my bladder completely. I had filled out a form while I was at my military urologist appointment that I was having ED problems also.

S-Works

How did the Rezum work for you. I had BPH for 8 years before I had the Urolift which totally failed.
I decided to see Dr. Eid about the implant and the Rezum he also performs
I wanted the implant first and he said that would be OK and we could do the Rezum three months after.
My implant is 5 1/2 weeks old and great and I am unsure now of whether I really want to do the Rezum in two months or just continue and deal with the BPH issues
If the Rezum is not going to prove very effective, I would much rather just forgo it, enjoy the implant, and deal with the BPH symptoms. I am not crazy about the idea of invading the prostate in any way even though the Rezum is supposed to spare the ability to ejaculate, unlike the TURP.
What say you?
Age 66, Garden Ridge Texas, Progressive ED after Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18 w 3cm rear tips installed 5 Nov 2021 by Dr Shane Barney, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Married 35 years

Return to “Implants”