Great Consultation.....

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
SthAv8tr

Re: Great Consultation.....

Postby SthAv8tr » Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:20 am

I don't think you can honestly go wrong with either or Dr. I've read multiple good things about Hakky.

That being said I was lucky enough to find Clavell as he was closer to me and the implantation/recovery process was a breeze. Inguinal hernia surgery/recovery was far more worse than IPP surgery..

Clavell and his surgery team were amazing. Would choose him again every time.
38 Ed caused by bike accident at 19, Meds & ved for 18 years.
Titan Coloplast/genesis pump March 22, 2023 By Dr. Clavell
5.75L 5.5G prior to implant.
03/22/23 Titan/Genesis 22cm by Dr. Clavell
6L 6G Post implant.

Rodsmen

Re: Great Consultation.....

Postby Rodsmen » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:03 pm

Gt1956 wrote:
Tokyo_123 wrote:
Jage64 wrote:#1 -more natural and comfortable flaccid, which is the state it will be in 99.8% of the rest of my life
#2 -silent pump, no squeaks or honks
#3 -girth is dictated by your tunica, not necessarily the implant. The difference in diameter is negligible.
#4 -rare reports of auto-inflation, after nearly a year I've never experienced it
#5 -almost zero dog ears, although someone here on FT reports they have them. I never have.
#6 -by far the most implanted system worldwide, by a WIDE margin. Proven technology
#7 -AMS has lower infection rate vs Coloplast out of the box, 1.3% vs 4.4%
#8 -CX has similar rigidity to the Titan, just a touch less so. LGX is far less rigid, I did not consider LGX (come to find out it's too rigid at max for my wife, so we use it at about 80%. More rigidity would have been useless to us)
#9 -CX has the lowest dissatisfaction rate vs. Titan. 2.4% vs 7.7%
#10 -CX dissatisfaction with deflation = 4%, Titan dissatisfaction with deflation = 24%

The only stat I agree with is the AMS having better deflation satisfaction than the Titan. Suspect also the Titan might have higher rate of dog-ears, since it's just a larger unit.
However, rest of these stats I find extremely questionable: For start, my OTR (unlike the Genesis) makes no noise. Also the rest of these "stats" look rather dated and/or more like advertising types of statistics. I've never heard of higher or lower rates of infection for either model. Infection rates would probably be based upon the individual surgeon (and how well they use the no touch technique). Also, never heard of auto-inflation problems for either of the current models.
... of course, I could be wrong.

I took the liberty to number Jage64's post. Him & I have the same implant. He has had his a little longer
#1 Mine doesn't show a bulge in my clothes. Wife doesn't think my flacid is now larger. I think its is slightly larger. Definitely larger than I would be if it was cold outside. So no shrinkage but no surprise at that.
#2 Same, inflating & deflating is very easy. Deflate button is easy to find & operate. Was fairly easy from about 2 weeks in.
#3 Right now I'm at 6" girth. Pre ED I was slightly above 6". I think that at the one year mark I shoud at least hit my previous girth.
#4 No auto inflation either.
#5 I did have 1 dog ear on the left. It hurt off & on for the first week or so. Not now, I can feel a small one on the right but it has never hurt.
#6 I do not remember where I read the stat. Boston Scientific out numbers Coloplast by quite a large margin. Perhaps BS has been in that market longer.
#7 No idea.
#8 CX is used to treat peyronies also. I will agree that very severe peyronies might be best served by Titans. But my dr does a lot of implants using AMS only. I can't believe he doesn't have peyronies patients. Actually, in my state there is basically only two implant drs. The other dr does use a few Titans but mainly AMS. A Titan reunion here might have a small turn out.
#9 No idea. I'm happy, can't say that I can remember any unhappey AMS patients. Even Rodsmen (AMS CX 24 cm + 1cm rte) with a very large dick seems very happy. Oh, he is sporting a 8" dick with a 7" girth already, around 7 weeks post surgery. So much for AMS not being appropriate for the bigger boys.
#10 No idea.

Hi Guys, it's Rodsmens. I just wanted to get my specs right, which are quoted incorrectly above (but I wish they were not).
Before: OEM SPL 7-7/8", typically 7-1/2" x 7". After pumping 8" x 7-1/2" At 4 weeks post implant, 6" x 6" fully flaccid, 7-1/8" x 6" at 100%. See Rodsmen's Journal for photos or DM.
67 yrs. gay married 30 years, open relationship. Dr. Jesse Mills UCLA 11/29/23. OEM 7-1/2" x 7". Pumped 8" x 7-1/2" 16 weeks 7-7/8" (20cm) x 6-1/2" (16.5cm) girth. See Rodsmen's Journal for photos or DM.

Return to “Implants”