Question about RTEs for narrow base

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
stupendousman02

Question about RTEs for narrow base

Postby stupendousman02 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:23 pm

Hi, I am 33 year old male suffering from ED for ~10 yrs and it’s got worse in the last year. I saw Dr Eid last week and got an blood flow test done and he noticed some irregularity in my blood flow. He did notice my penis “narrows” at the base (it’s wider in the middle of shaft) and noted I would need RTEs and I believe he said I would get a 18cm Titan and also said my erection might “wobble”. He said my case is “borderline” for an implant.

My question for anyone who got an implant with a narrow base and who had to get RTEs did you notice a wobble in your erection? Any other thoughts/concerns?

My measurements are below:

Stretched flaccid:15cm
Erect with injection: 14.5cm
Circumference: 14cm

Gt1956

Re: Question about RTEs for narrow base

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:07 pm

My non medical based opinion. You might have an issue. The very rear of implants don't inflate. So you likely don't have much of a chance to expand your tunica in that area. I haven't read of any way to surgically expand that tunica either. If this narrow spot is above the non expanding area of the implant then the implant should grab it ok. If the tunica in that area was ever of the same size as the rest of your tunica? You might have a chance that the implant can slowly expand it. Think of members recovering lost girth.

I think Eid is just giving you a warning about what might happen in very rare cases. The internet is packed with negative feelings about RTE's. Even Eid uses them but is willing to slightly modify an cylinder trying to avoid a RTE if possible. Facts are that RTE's can be needed to customize the correct implant length from the standard length that are made. Eid is really good at sizing. If it can be done, he can do it.

How you manage your recovery might be the deciding factor in the chance of wobbling. Its generally felt that your body will encapsulate the rear of your implant. Basically scar tissue will form around it. I suspect that cases of wobbling might be where for some reason the rear of the implant didn't get encapsulated very well.

I think if Eid can get the rear of your implant to reach the bottom that you'll be ok. Make sure to follow his recovery instructions the best that you can.

Btw, Eid uses a lot of Titans but he also will use AMS implants. What brand did he feel was best for you?
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Journeyman

Postby Journeyman » Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:56 pm

stupendousman02 wrote:Hi, I am 33 year old male suffering from ED for ~10 yrs and it’s got worse in the last year. I saw Dr Eid last week and got an blood flow test done and he noticed some irregularity in my blood flow. He did notice my penis “narrows” at the base (it’s wider in the middle of shaft) and noted I would need RTEs and I believe he said I would get a 18cm Titan and also said my erection might “wobble”. He said my case is “borderline” for an implant.

My question for anyone who got an implant with a narrow base and who had to get RTEs did you notice a wobble in your erection? Any other thoughts/concerns?

Dr Clavell just put out a video yesterday on YouTube about RTE's ....check it out . It's interesting
54 - Coloplast Titan 22cm , Implanted by Dr. Clavell in April 2023

FredStone2020

Postby FredStone2020 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:05 pm

Journeyman wrote:
stupendousman02 wrote:Hi, I am 33 year old male suffering from ED for ~10 yrs and it’s got worse in the last year. I saw Dr Eid last week and got an blood flow test done and he noticed some irregularity in my blood flow. He did notice my penis “narrows” at the base (it’s wider in the middle of shaft) and noted I would need RTEs and I believe he said I would get a 18cm Titan and also said my erection might “wobble”. He said my case is “borderline” for an implant.

Dr Clavell just put out a video yesterday on YouTube about RTE's ....check it out . It's interesting

link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqumJs7 ... clavelluro
thanks
59 struggles with Pills for 5 years but they stopped looking into implants - trying 30 uints of 5ml tri-mix (30-3-30 Papaverine, Phentolamine, PGE-1)

Endoftheline

Postby Endoftheline » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:31 pm

Gt1956 wrote:My non medical based opinion. You might have an issue. The very rear of implants don't inflate. So you likely don't have much of a chance to expand your tunica in that area. I haven't read of any way to surgically expand that tunica either. If this narrow spot is above the non expanding area of the implant then the implant should grab it ok. If the tunica in that area was ever of the same size as the rest of your tunica? You might have a chance that the implant can slowly expand it. Think of members recovering lost girth.

I think Eid is just giving you a warning about what might happen in very rare cases. The internet is packed with negative feelings about RTE's. Even Eid uses them but is willing to slightly modify an cylinder trying to avoid a RTE if possible. Facts are that RTE's can be needed to customize the correct implant length from the standard length that are made. Eid is really good at sizing. If it can be done, he can do it.

How you manage your recovery might be the deciding factor in the chance of wobbling. Its generally felt that your body will encapsulate the rear of your implant. Basically scar tissue will form around it. I suspect that cases of wobbling might be where for some reason the rear of the implant didn't get encapsulated very well.

I think if Eid can get the rear of your implant to reach the bottom that you'll be ok. Make sure to follow his recovery instructions the best that you can.

Btw, Eid uses a lot of Titans but he also will use AMS implants. What brand did he feel was best for you?

you mentioned there werre members that gained girth? how much did they gain?
29 years old and suffered from ED for over 16 years
I had hard flaccid (Potentially Post SSRI Sexual Dysfunction) , turned to long flaccid after priaprism incident.
implanted June 24 2022
24 cm XL Titan
L: 5.7 G: 5.0 (no arousal)
L:6.5 G:5.3 (aroused)

Colandria

Postby Colandria » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:43 pm

How narrow does it get? Mine goes from 5.6 in the middle to like 5 at the base

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:32 pm

Endoftheline wrote:
Gt1956 wrote:My non medical based opinion. You might have an issue. The very rear of implants don't inflate. So you likely don't have much of a chance to expand your tunica in that area. I haven't read of any way to surgically expand that tunica either. If this narrow spot is above the non expanding area of the implant then the implant should grab it ok. If the tunica in that area was ever of the same size as the rest of your tunica? You might have a chance that the implant can slowly expand it. Think of members recovering lost girth.

you mentioned there werre members that gained girth? how much did they gain?

Sorry, I'm not in the business nor have it as a hobby to track fellow members girth. You'll have to take the initiative to do your own research of past posts.

The tunica is pretty strong. The general feelings are that it can't be stretched beyond your genetically max girth. Some men have increased their girth with an implant & cycling. People can argue if the tunica was stretched or if his natural penis never filled his tunica to the max. We will never know either way.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Return to “Implants”