Swelling at reservoir site from being active?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Iwillbeatpd

Swelling at reservoir site from being active?

Postby Iwillbeatpd » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:12 am

I’m about 2.5 weeks post op, and the last few days I’ve been actually getting out more. More movement, light stretching, carrying things less than 25 lbs, etc. Not very much just things like groceries and what not.

Yesterday I noticed the reservoir site was more sore than normal which I didn’t think anything of. Then when looking in the mirror I noticed it looked like there was some swelling in the pubic area where the reservoir is.

I figured I just irritated it by being more active, so trying not to worry. When I feel around in the area with swelling I only feel swelling, no sign of any herniation or anything.

Has anyone ever experienced this when becoming more active again post op? Did things return to normal soon after?
Fit/active/37/ Lifetime congenital left curve, which later progressed to Peyronies (2022) and severe hourglass/narrowing. Implanted by Dr Hakky 11/28/23 with Titan Touch 26 cm XXL. Reservoir 130 cc saline. Pre surgery measurement: 8.25 Length 5ish Girth.

Gt1956

Re: Swelling at reservoir site from being active?

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:50 pm

Welcome to old age. Are you matching your current lifestyle to your recovery stage? Could your body be telling you the you've screwed up somewhere along the line. Maybe twisting instead of weight? The mind & body don't always agree with each other.

I say this because its very seldom that someone has issues with their reservoir. I bet it'll go away. If not, you should let your dr be aware of it.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

4rest4rest

Postby 4rest4rest » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:55 am

I'm two weeks out tomorrow. I was up doing things. Just getting out... Groceries, Mall, office luncheon...

My right testicle and reservoir area are not happy.

Maybe just my body's way if saying...,"ok. That's enough. I'm angry".

I have a follow up on 12/28. Hopefully I'll remember to ask what they did to my right testicle and in my reservoir area.... Maybe I don't want to know .. The area right between the reservoir and the right testicle are still sore. Occasionally slightly bleeding.

Fcs
4rest :) from Southern WV, 61 ED off and on since 2016, Severe currently and Coloplast Titan implanted on December 4 2023. Feel free to in box me.

Stayingstrong

Postby Stayingstrong » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:00 am

Iwillbeatpd wrote:I’m about 2.5 weeks post op, and the last few days I’ve been actually getting out more. More movement, light stretching, carrying things less than 25 lbs, etc. Not very much just things like groceries and what not.

Yesterday I noticed the reservoir site was more sore than normal which I didn’t think anything of. Then when looking in the mirror I noticed it looked like there was some swelling in the pubic area where the reservoir is.

I figured I just irritated it by being more active, so trying not to worry. When I feel around in the area with swelling I only feel swelling, no sign of any herniation or anything.

Has anyone ever experienced this when becoming more active again post op? Did things return to normal soon after?

The reservoir is typically not in the pubic area. It is in the lower abdominal region next to the bladder
However, the tube to the reservoir passes through the inguinal cord near the base of the penis. This is a small herniation made by the surgeon to get the tube up into the abdomen and reservoir. The reservoir is placed through this small herniation along with the tube.
I am 11 days post-op and have had a burning, pulling kind of pain in this pubic area next to the penis, especially upon sitting up I can feel the tube under the skin and there is some slight swelling.
I texted Dr. Eid and he responded saying this normal and should resolve in 4-6 weeks.
Meanwhile, I have been cycling twice a day to the max since day 3 post-op with no real other issues.
Age 70
Pills didn't work well. Trimix worked good for 3 years, then only fair for following 3 years but need a cock ring in conjunction.
Implant 12/6/2023 Dr. Eid
Coloplast Titan 20 cm with right side trimmed to 19 cm. No RTE. Classic pump.

beachbum1

Postby beachbum1 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:21 pm

Something else to remember. When the Dr pushes the reservoirs in the pubic/lower abdominal area and also makes a pocket and inserts the pump/bulb, he's also sticking his fingerings the same opening. And from the videos of the surgery I've seen he's not the most gentle in doing so. A lot of trauma is going on in a very small area.
Had to join again as beachbum1. Was and am beachbum but chat has blocked me from a few members
First implanted AMS 700 CX 18+3, in Sept of 2016. Replacement AMS 700 CX 21+2 in August 2023

Stayingstrong

Postby Stayingstrong » Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:05 pm

beachbum1 wrote:Something else to remember. When the Dr pushes the reservoirs in the pubic/lower abdominal area and also makes a pocket and inserts the pump/bulb, he's also sticking his fingerings the same opening. And from the videos of the surgery I've seen he's not the most gentle in doing so. A lot of trauma is going on in a very small area.

Yes, this is demonstrated in a couple of You Tube videos of the surgical procedure by Dr. Eid.
Age 70
Pills didn't work well. Trimix worked good for 3 years, then only fair for following 3 years but need a cock ring in conjunction.
Implant 12/6/2023 Dr. Eid
Coloplast Titan 20 cm with right side trimmed to 19 cm. No RTE. Classic pump.

Return to “Implants”