Size of replacement IPP

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
October26

Size of replacement IPP

Postby October26 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:03 am

I have a friend who is considering an IPP implant, and he asked me a question that I was unable to answer. He asked if replacement implants are generally sized bigger than the original?

He has lost some size already, is worried he will lose some size with the both the implant and any possible replacement. Somewhere I read a message where someone had a small increase in size when there was a revision/replacement implant. Could some of you who have had a revision give us a description of what you lost or gained with the replacement implant?
Coloplast Titan 22 cm + 1.5 cm RTE 10/26/2020

Tmansdorfer

Re: Size of replacement IPP

Postby Tmansdorfer » Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:00 pm

Generally it seems during a revision most people get a slight increase in size of implant being used . This doesn’t necessarily correlate to increase in the actual usable size though.
39 01/24/19 USC Dr Doumanian LGX 15cm 3, lGX 18 +2, revision 6-20 18+3 pump failure, revision 8-20 left cylinder in scrotum, 1-21 removed infection switched to dr Doyle, Boyd 10.05.21 a 15+3 cx,revision 01,23,24 with switch to LGX 15+6 fat pad removal.

rdnkbiker

Postby rdnkbiker » Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:00 pm

Tman your right i had a revision in July this year.... first one lasted a little over 6 years the new implant is 3cm longer I'm at my normal size so didn't loose any but haven't gained any yet but as you know takes a lot of cycling to get maxed out
jim
HBP since my 20s Full ED i was 55 when i received my implant January 17th 2017 sever scare tissue through corpora cavernosa clear to the glands (no blood flow) complete revision new equipment july 10th 2023 AMS CX 21cm very happy

jwdetails

Postby jwdetails » Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:59 am

yes, i've been told most people can easily get 1-2 cm or more depending on how aggressively cycling and if with peyronie's.
62 year old with 37 year old wife, ED+PD got Coloplast Titan 22 cm no RTE in 2019 with Dr. Irwin Goldstein => pump failure, now revised with plaque excision/tunical expansion to Coloplast Titan 26 no RTE in 2022 by Dr. Darshan Patel. :D

beachbum1

Postby beachbum1 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:37 am

Copied from another thread. my revision is 2 or 3 cm larger. Day after surgery when my Dr removed the catheter i asked and he said he put in a 21+ 3. Said he measured 11 down and 12 up. My original was 18 + 3. But i think he ment 21+2. Hope 3 was correct. Haven't received the patient id card yet. Its been almost 4 months and i now measure just about 3/4" longer and 1/2" larger in girth. I've got the AMS 700 lgx so may, and should according to AMS, a bit more.
The surgery was a breeze. Everything came out without any issues and went back in easily. after 2 or 3 days couldn't hardly tell i had surgery. only real pain was the catheter and some soreness which went away quickly. was able to inflate and deflate in 2 days . Only gave it a couple of squeezes then let it off. Nearly no swelling and bruising. Played golf in maybe just over a week afterwards.
Couldn't have been happier.(Unless I could have gained a couple more inches!! LOL)
Had to join again as beachbum1. Was and am beachbum but chat has blocked me from a few members
First implanted AMS 700 CX 18+3, in Sept of 2016. Replacement AMS 700 CX 21+2 in August 2023

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:20 am

Tmansdorfer wrote:Generally it seems during a revision most people get a slight increase in size of implant being used . This doesn’t necessarily correlate to increase in the actual usable size though.

I think its common to think any increase in a revision size is reflected in a longer penis. The problem is that often the rear of the implant moves deeper in the cruz thus offsetting part of the longer implant.

Several variables so the results of more size are mixed.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Yodarb

Postby Yodarb » Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:18 pm

This absolutely does occur. And there is research on it.

"Inflatable penile prosthesis as tissue expander: what is the evidence?"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5678524/

Get a good surgeon and they will provide the 'right' size for your initial surgery.
Do the cycling well to maximize the size of the initial implant.
When you get to a revision - you will likely be ~1cm longer.

I think surgeons know how to implant and get a small increase in length. This is a way to ensure that there is no lost length. They want happy customers. Studies also show that for high volume surgeons - most implants (>50%) have no change in length - but there are some that are longer and some that are shorter by <1cm.

I would think that surgeons don't really want to say this because an implant is absolutely not a way to get a bigger penis. There really are better ways.
Age 61 Married
Have been dealing with moderate Erectile Dysfunction for many years, originally needed thyroid and testosterone, then using Trimix.
Recently diagnosed with Peyronie's - early.
Treating with Traction and Pentox. Don't know the next steps.

Tokyo_123

Postby Tokyo_123 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:14 pm

Tmansdorfer wrote:Generally it seems during a revision most people get a slight increase in size of implant being used . This doesn’t necessarily correlate to increase in the actual usable size though.

Is it the larger the revision (and the relative large size of the unit), the more likely you are to get dog ears?
Venous Leakage (which I believe caused by my overuse of the Bathmate VED)

Dr. Clavell, August, 2022. Titan One-Touch, 24cm XL cylinders and trimmed off 0.5cm

Return to “Implants”