Young man with an implant,sounds impossible now

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
JerGeezer

Re: Young man with an implant,sounds impossible now

Postby JerGeezer » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:47 pm

billylee: I am on Medicare and was told that since the implant was previously determined to be medically necessary and is now defective a replacement will be covered by them with much of the rest being covered by my secondary insurance. I sure hope it is!

I'm not sure if Medicare would cover an implant for someone getting it for the first time.
I'm 75 and got an AMS Ultrex in 1995. Had it replaced in 1999. Got a new AMS 700 LGX in 2013.

soulforged

Postby soulforged » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:28 am

Olivero66 wrote:Hi Soulforged,

I received a Small-Carrion implant being 25 years old. Normally it would have lasted till end of life and even longer, but unfortunately it was quite unbearable. Furthermore it could not compete cosmetically nor regarding rigidity with the 3-component ones from nowadays.
So high tech in this case means less durability.
I'm sure a Titan will last 15-20 years, even if you're fucking very intensely. My last Mentor burst at the interface reservoir's tube connection, so nothing to do with cylinders and hence not so much to do with sexual wearing off.

The point of infection risk is a crucial topic, and you should weigh it like this: If you're able to live a constantly wealthy life, then you always might afford a good surgeon with very low infection rates, as Dr. Eid is an example. That means the being replaced 3 times, maybe you already will have reached autumn or winter of your life, no more minding sexual ability that much. Under infection rate of around 1 percent 3 replacements are a controllable risk.
On the other hand, if you encounter financial crisis in your life and your implant is croaking, replacement can turn into a dramatic issue. Maybe better to abstain from it as long as money's lacking!

Anyway, you should be optimistic; right now your sexual drive is tremendous; your money or health insurance respectively sufficient: So at least the next 15-20 years of having satisfactory sexual life are guaranteed. In your place I'd do it.

saludos desde Alemania

heh im no that wealthy i dont even live in the US,so i cant really access any of the "top guys" and that fact alone makes me believe that im pretty much lost(i live in Israel and there is like one surgeon here that actually does a considrable number of implants and he was trained in the us)

Olivero66

Postby Olivero66 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:04 pm

We've got the same problem in Germany. Nowhere on the planet surgeons compare to the brilliant US guys.
The simple operations will be performed quite sufficiently, like virginal ones without complications. But when it comes to replacement, to scar or fibrotic problems they're rapidly beyond their limits.
Here in Germany lots don't even know that they'd better leave behind an empty worn off reservoir on replacement than drag it out or cut it off. Placing the new reservoir on the other side is the cutting edge standard.

Sometimes I think better wait and save some money for having it done in the US than let it perform ASAP somewhere else outside.

Neisseria

Postby Neisseria » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:52 pm

I will disagree completely. The best surgeons are in US, but there are a LOT of bad surgeons there also. There are very good surgeons in lots of countries, i know because i talked to lots of implantees that did not have the implant in US with excellent results, and with someones who had the implant in US with bad results.

The replacement of a penile implant is not a more complicated surgery, it used to be in the past because the old implants attached to the tissues, but that don´t happen anymore with the new improvements. In fact, a revision surgery is EASIER because the corpora is already dilatated. Leaving the reservoir nowadays is a malpractice because it is known the increased infection rate associated.

I read a lot of guys saying that you have to go to someone who only does penile implants. I find that also wrong. Surgeons who have experience in the surgery for Peyronie´s disease are more prepared to operate a complicated implant surgery with scar tissue.
28 years Old. Had been suffering most of my life because of venous leak. Got it worse by an injection that scarred my left corpora.
Implanted with a ColoPlast Titan 31/1/18

maxxxxx

Postby maxxxxx » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:03 pm

Olivero66 wrote:We've got the same problem in Germany. Nowhere on the planet surgeons compare to the brilliant US guys.
The simple operations will be performed quite sufficiently, like virginal ones without complications. But when it comes to replacement, to scar or fibrotic problems they're rapidly beyond their limits.
Here in Germany lots don't even know that they'd better leave behind an empty worn off reservoir on replacement than drag it out or cut it off. Placing the new reservoir on the other side is the cutting edge standard.

Sometimes I think better wait and save some money for having it done in the US than let it perform ASAP somewhere else outside.

Olivero, if i confide you that my friend had three-piece implant in Europe and he gained + 4.5 cm in length and +2 in girth ( add: the doctor had promised it to him before the surgery )...do you believe me? not sure .. but it's real! and plus my friend before operation had ruined penis from fibrosis.

results: +4,5 cm length -and +2 cm girth

I've posted his pics months ago to prove it, but I've been flooded with private and insistents messages which annoyed me.
Titan 24cm . December 2015

JerGeezer

Postby JerGeezer » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:21 pm

It's my understanding that many urologists consider implant surgery to be rather easy compared to many of the other types of surgery they perform, so I would think there are many qualified doctors throughout the world who can do this.
I'm 75 and got an AMS Ultrex in 1995. Had it replaced in 1999. Got a new AMS 700 LGX in 2013.

maxxxxx

Postby maxxxxx » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:43 pm

off curse my friend had this gain with graft additional innest (otherwise it is impossible to gain 5x2 with his penis skin only)..and finally now he has a perfect appearance of the penis, already ruined by fibrosis
Titan 24cm . December 2015

venousleak1990born

Postby venousleak1990born » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:31 pm

i wonder if Bishop is satisfied with his AMS implant. he is also young
Implanted with Coloplast Genesis MALLEABLE on Jan 2024.
I have had venous leakage.
I didnt like the side effects of PDE5 inhibitors.
So far, I am very happy with the Coloplast Genesis.
I am from Türkiye.

Olivero66

Postby Olivero66 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:33 am

Hello Nesseria,

Leaving the reservoir if you can't pull it out is best practice!!
The alternative would be to cut off the abdomen... better avoid that! Fumbling it out with instruments is risky and unsure on the other hand. Hence better drop it in its cave... with no infection risk, already explored throughout many case studies!

If its uncomplicated to drag it off by its connection tube, this would be the best solution, clearly.

Olivero66

Postby Olivero66 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:31 pm

Neisseria wrote:I read a lot of guys saying that you have to go to someone who only does penile implants. I find that also wrong. Surgeons who have experience in the surgery for Peyronie´s disease are more prepared to operate a complicated implant surgery with scar tissue.

That's right for sure. But with respect to the renown US-Gurus (Dr. Eid, Dr. Garber, Dr. Milam, Dr. Kramer and so on) they are doing lot more than just penile implants. Und that's important for sure.
Here in Germany the majority of the surgeons are addicted to Steven K. Wilson, and it seems he's the only famous US surgeon they know and they're referring to. It's all about Wilson when you talk with a german surgeon. Wilson has his merits, no doubt, but he's sticked to the past. The revolutionary techniques from nowadays are coming from other guys.

What is annoying me most is that obviously many are not able to think. They're doing what they've been taught to, unable to deviate from the tight routine when necessary.
Example 1) In a revision OP the new reservoir gets placed on the other side, say left instead of right. So it might be better to change the scrotal side of the pump, too, in order to have it nearer to the reservoir. But they haven't been taught to mute the pump when muting the reservoir, so they won't.
Example 2) On measurement a guy has two corpora of different sizes. When the difference comes from distal part, you should insert two cylinders fitting the tinyer cavernous body, both cylinders same size. But when the difference stems from proximal part, what to do? Cylinders has to reach out at identical level to the glans; so in order to attain this, the cylinder for the body with the deeper proximal measurement has to be longer than its twin brother for the other side. Seems logical, Dr. Eid is postulating that, but most of the practicing surgeons won't do it coz they never did it before and haven't been taught it either.

So very often facility to extemporize is lacking, and those performing different types of operations might prove more flexibility in this respect.

Return to “Implants”