Titan failed after less than 3 year

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Stewy78

Re: Titan failed after less than 3 year

Postby Stewy78 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:44 pm

farhananwar wrote:
Stewy78 wrote:I would like to give another try to the 3pieces.. obviously the fear about infections in big.. but I also fear that a malleable is not the right choice for me and my lifestyle. If everything goes through and if the device lasts a reasonable amount of time it would be great, otherwise my next step would be for sure a malleable.
I hope to be able to handle all that because I'm really depressed right now, I am trying to schedule the revision but I'm understanding that it will take some time..

Hi Stewy I wish you all the best, were your AMS implants faulty and the company had to recall them?

Yes I had two ams faulty pumps
32yo, VL from birth. Implanted in 2020 with AMS CX by Gabriele Antonini. Pump stopped working after three months,replaced with new pump that stopped working again. Complete revision Titan Touch 24+1 implanted by Dr.Eid. Titan failed in October 2023.

farhananwar

Postby farhananwar » Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:38 pm

principles wrote:.

did you get your scheduled tactra salvage? and was your first implant titan one touch or genesis?

dsawan

Postby dsawan » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:43 am

Stewy78 wrote:Hi, yesterday my titan touch just failed. The bulb goes fast after a few pumps. I wrote to Dr. Eid that confirmed a tube leak. I already had 3 surgeries in less than 4 years I'm very worry about my future. I'm trying to contact Dr. Eid secretary to schedule a replacement. I am very desperate, the titan lasted less than 3 years, the two previous ams has failed even earlier probably because they're affected by Boston scientific recall. I'm just 35 and I already had 3 surgeries, the next one will be the fourth. I'm really scared about all (money, infection risk, having to travel to us again, future revisions). I'm from Italy, I have no insurance. The implant cost and dr. eid fee should be free of charge because implant is under warranty and Dr. Eid fee should be free (I was told by Eid secretary that dr. Eid does not require his fee is the implant fails before 3 years after implantation). Anyway I should pay anesthesia and operating room, flight and hotel, it will be more than 10000 euro. These implants really sucks. I'm really lost and scared.

Did you feel you cx or Titan was more regid?

Stewy78

Postby Stewy78 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:04 pm

dsawan wrote:
Stewy78 wrote:Hi, yesterday my titan touch just failed. The bulb goes fast after a few pumps. I wrote to Dr. Eid that confirmed a tube leak. I already had 3 surgeries in less than 4 years I'm very worry about my future. I'm trying to contact Dr. Eid secretary to schedule a replacement. I am very desperate, the titan lasted less than 3 years, the two previous ams has failed even earlier probably because they're affected by Boston scientific recall. I'm just 35 and I already had 3 surgeries, the next one will be the fourth. I'm really scared about all (money, infection risk, having to travel to us again, future revisions). I'm from Italy, I have no insurance. The implant cost and dr. eid fee should be free of charge because implant is under warranty and Dr. Eid fee should be free (I was told by Eid secretary that dr. Eid does not require his fee is the implant fails before 3 years after implantation). Anyway I should pay anesthesia and operating room, flight and hotel, it will be more than 10000 euro. These implants really sucks. I'm really lost and scared.

Titan
32yo, VL from birth. Implanted in 2020 with AMS CX by Gabriele Antonini. Pump stopped working after three months,replaced with new pump that stopped working again. Complete revision Titan Touch 24+1 implanted by Dr.Eid. Titan failed in October 2023.

Hillywilly

Postby Hillywilly » Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:40 pm

Hey man, sorry to hear of your troubles. I wonder if when you inflate you are keeping the pump in it's native position as much as possible? Dr. Hakky told me the biggest cause of early failure in the titan is tilting the pump while inflating which torques the tubing. The new titan will be out in about 3 years so hopefully continued technological improvement.. wishing you a successful revision!
33 HG deformity now Titan OTR 24cm XL + 1 cm RTE's Length 7.25in/ Girth 6in (midshaft) Dr. Hakky 4/4/23

dsawan

Postby dsawan » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:11 pm

Stewy78 wrote:
dsawan wrote:

Titan

More regid in errect state right?

farhananwar

Postby farhananwar » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:05 am

Hillywilly wrote:

Hey man, sorry to hear of your troubles. I wonder if when you inflate you are keeping the pump in it's native position as much as possible? Dr. Hakky told me the biggest cause of early failure in the titan is tilting the pump while inflating which torques the tubing. The new titan will be out in about 3 years so hopefully continued technological improvement.. wishing you a successful revision!

hey, how do you know the new titan will be out in 3 years? could you please share any links? that would be great if thats the case

farhananwar

Postby farhananwar » Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:22 pm

Hillywilly wrote:

i think so too, may be, or may be the cycling twist the tubing as there is constant up and down motion of the tubing i guess

Hillywilly

Postby Hillywilly » Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:44 pm

farhananwar wrote:
Hillywilly wrote:

hey, how do you know the new titan will be out in 3 years? could you please share any links? that would be great if thats the case

Dr. Hakky told me 4 years awhile ago more like 3 now.
33 HG deformity now Titan OTR 24cm XL + 1 cm RTE's Length 7.25in/ Girth 6in (midshaft) Dr. Hakky 4/4/23

farhananwar

Postby farhananwar » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:04 pm

Hillywilly wrote:
farhananwar wrote:
Hillywilly wrote:

Dr. Hakky told me 4 years awhile ago more like 3 now.

hey mate,

how has your experience been with the implant? looking at implant due to venous leak

Return to “Implants”