underwear?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Antonio1010

underwear?

Postby Antonio1010 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:30 pm

Hi,

Can anyone suggest which underwear I should wear after surgery to keep it up against the belly. Also, when everything is healed a month or so post surgery do I wear any underwear I like or still some specific style? What about the size? For example now I wear XL and L. Should I get the same size or smaller to help keep it upward?

Thanks

Old Guy

Re: underwear?

Postby Old Guy » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:59 pm

Some docs want you to keep the penis pointed up after surgery for a period of time. I never did that or was told to do that.
If your doc wants up best is going to be a jock strap or spandex underwear. Once you heal up whatever underwear you like is fine. Just remember your flaccid is going to be much larger so bikini briefs probably won't be the best choice.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Witheringhog

Postby Witheringhog » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:58 pm

Antonio1010 wrote:Hi,

Can anyone suggest which underwear I should wear after surgery to keep it up against the belly. Also, when everything is healed a month or so post surgery do I wear any underwear I like or still some specific style? What about the size? For example now I wear XL and L. Should I get the same size or smaller to help keep it upward?

Thanks

I preferred naked if possible, I worked one week post op, when working in slacks i liked the longer briefs that went down the leg a little.
49 - Coloplast Titan 22 implanted 5-2 Dr. Clavell in Houston

ShouldIwait

Postby ShouldIwait » Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:47 pm

Tommy Johns (Target) have a horizontal slit at the perfect spot so the head can poke out AND be held snug upright
57, ED 10-15 years. Pills, Bi, Tri then Quad Mix Injections- all slowly less effective. IPP July 2022 (Penscrotal, Titan, 22 + 1) @6mo back to OEM--7.2"L x 5.5"w

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:29 pm

I wear/wore regular Fruit of the Loom jockeys. I normally wear a medium so I bought smalls after surgery (surgeries). From my first implant, my dick "wants" to (uncomfortably) hang down to the left and curl. It's much more comfortable when I dress it straight up and a bit to the right. Even though the smaller jockeys help keep it there pretty well, I have to "adjust" it several times a day.

Another little plus: as I'm "old" and post RP, I lose a little pee now and then. Dressing "up" helps me keep from getting "spots" on my cotton Dockers....

Good luck man!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

Forever_Young

Postby Forever_Young » Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:05 pm

I have worn cotton Boxer style underwear for years. Growing up I wore cotton breif style underwear. Since my implant I found soft cotton/flannel loose fitting boxers to be the most comfortable.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:39 pm

Antonio1010 wrote:Hi,

Thanks

Immediately post-op, for a couple weeks until first deflation, I wore athletic supporter (jock strap) a size larger than I would have pre-op. Larger mostly because I had a lot of surgical gauze around my penis that took up a lot of volume.

After the swelling and tenderness is gone, I wear whatever I want. Having an LGX leaves my penis' flaccid state pretty much as any normal flaccid penis. A bit larger than my pre-op flaccid, but still very much unobtrusive. I habitually wore underwear that held/hold my penis pointed up. Before implant, if I wore loose boxer shorts, my penis head would rub on my pants that I found distracting and the little bulge was something I did not want to show everywhere I went. After implant those effects were more pronounced.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

lawnman29678

Postby lawnman29678 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:33 pm

After my implant, I needed additional support. After being on my feet for a while, I found the weight of the pump in my sac to be uncomfortable. I experimented with different brands and styles. I ended up settling with PUMP brand underwear. I have worn trunks and briefs. They provide the support I need.
56yo happily married man - Low Testosterone (using Testopel) - Implanted by Dr. Tariq Hakky (4/20/21) - AMS LGX 700 (21cm + 2rte).

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:29 pm

These days i alternate between seperatec cotton “everyday” briefs for….everyday. Just darned comfortable. It’s fun even being able to wear them. My previous turtle-self wouldn’t have stayed in the peter hole. Now he rests comfortably. Softly ensconced all day.

When going out, i wear simple Fruit of The Loom microfiber boxer briefs. Produces a nice package and feels great. At 10 1/2 months my flaccid is nice an soft and the mere pressure of either of these shorts plus jeans or shorts keeps it acceptably discrete….though always with a bit of a bulge.
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

Return to “Implants”