Implant revision to a ams 700 cx

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Dwoody1977

Implant revision to a ams 700 cx

Postby Dwoody1977 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:44 am

Hi everyone
I’m 46 years old and 3 years ago I went in for my implant which I had chosen with my surgeon to go for the 2 piece implant due to some risk with placement of the resivoir in the 3 piece . I have had a kidney and pancreas transplant ..after coming around from the anesthetic he told me that due to sizing problems ? while doing the implant he had to fit a maliable Implant to keep the structure and for my penis not to shrink . He said straight away that he would revise this implant in the future ..living with the maliable implant I found very difficult for a number of reasons ,I’m a very sexual person and I feel I’m avoiding any sexual situations with my partner as I feel it’s just not good enough for and reasonably good sex . it’s very hard (excuse the pun ) to hide it especially when in the pool swimming and wearing jeans and it rubbing ..also because it’s only semi rigid I find sex not enjoyable and also lost quite a bit of girth to my penis also as the semi rigid rods I has excessive loose skin around my penis because there is no expansion which for me and my partner is not great ..so after discussions with my surgeon we have now decided on the ams 700 cx implant .I said I was willing to take any risk involved with placement of the resivoir .I have just a few questions I hope sombody can help …
1. does any body know or has anybody got any experience with this implant
2. ..how happy are you with the implant
3.does the implant expand in girth at all when pumping full
4.did you loose much length after procedure ?
5.how happy is your partner with the implant
Sorry about the long post but I wanted to get my full story out .
Thank you for anybody that can help me
Darren

JohnHC

Re: Implant revision to a ams 700 cx

Postby JohnHC » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:45 pm

I have the AMS700 CX and it's great. Actually my second one as my original one had a pinhole in the left cylinder and am now 5 weeks post op of the second surgery. Very happy with the results so far as is my wife. I don't think I've lost any length, it appears to be the same length I had while taking Trimix.

Now as far as girth goes, at the base I'm pretty much the same girth, I haven't really measured it yet, but for me, mine is very thick at the base and then tapers towards the glans. I don't think you get full expansion or stretching of the implant until after you have cycled the unit several months, I've seen several posts about it being 6 months. I really hope so as like I said, I'm very thick at the base but not so at the glans. Plus I don't think I've fully recovered from the two surgeries, the glans isn't as sensitive and I don't get engorged like before, but they say all that might or should come back in time.

When I inflate to what I think is my max right now, meaning pump bulb is hard, with very little to no play in it, the cylinders are hard like 2 steel rods without much play or ability to bend. So stiffness is no problem, I'm just trying now to get it to stretch more from the base to the tip so I'll have a fuller, thicker penis like I had before. It should happen but will probably take the 6 months or more of cycling to get the implants to stretch to their fullest.
AMS 700 CX 21cm x 12mm with 1.5cm RTE, MS pump, and Conceal Reservoir. Implanted on 4-12-2023 removed and replaced 6-22-23 with the same, 1st implant surgery had pinhole leak in left cylinder. Now awaiting third surgery unknown failure.

FinallyBionic

Postby FinallyBionic » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:07 pm

I also have AMS CX. Very happy with the results. The only disadvantage of the inflatable against the malleable is that it has 3 pieces. You will get more girth with AMS. Titan has the biggest girth of all implants and also more rigidity, but AMS is much better in flaccid state.
Finally Bionic
1969. RP Oct. 2017. Pills and Trimix didn't work. Inguinal hernia repair on both sides. AMS CX 21 cm+1 RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at Kaiser, VA, Jan. 2021. FT member since July 2020 as AST2123. See my previous 457 posts.

annoyed31

Postby annoyed31 » Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:00 am

I had an issue and AMS700CX behaved strangely:

The problem was deflation, If i press deflation button for 4 seconds. The fluid goes back from cylinders to reservior. But if i stop pressing the defaltion button i could still feel vibration and fluid moving back to reservior. Further if i pressed cylinders withou pressing deflation button there was still vibration and fluid was moving back.

I checked with AMS guide, I could not find this issue. It felt like the deflation button was stuck (pressed).

I stopped touching the implant for the whole day and the next day i carefully resetted the mechanism by pressing the deflation block for 3-4seconds, and thn pressing deflation for 3-4 seconds after that. The pump inflated properly than and again same problem.

I then resetted again stretched the shaft as explained by AMS. Sent an email to my hospital.

I did not touch the pump the whole day resetted again. Now it is working fine, I just do not press the deflation valve for longer duratio or with full force just enough to get some fluid out oy cylinders.

Strangely, before this i had to pump the implant 50-60 times to get barely hard but not really hard. But I can now get 65% hard just by 5 pumps and adding some half pumps (2 or 3) make it really That is good but also strange, bulb is hard again after resetting. I also started puliing my pump down and moving my sahft sideways up and down and pulling forward.

I can see my girt increasing form 5inches to --> 5.25 inches
and length is less as compared to pre op_ its 6.25--> 5.7

Bone pressed is 6 inches and pre op it was 6.75
Veno-Occulsive ED for 10+ years. Implanted 7.2023 AMS 700. Osmonov Germany

JohnHC

Postby JohnHC » Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:57 am

annoyed31 wrote:I had an issue and AMS700CX behaved strangely:

The problem was deflation, If i press deflation button for 4 seconds. The fluid goes back from cylinders to reservior. But if i stop pressing the defaltion button i could still feel vibration and fluid moving back to reservior. Further if i pressed cylinders withou pressing deflation button there was still vibration and fluid was moving back.

I checked with AMS guide, I could not find this issue. It felt like the deflation button was stuck (pressed).

I stopped touching the implant for the whole day and the next day i carefully resetted the mechanism by pressing the deflation block for 3-4seconds, and thn pressing deflation for 3-4 seconds after that. The pump inflated properly than and again same problem.

I then resetted again stretched the shaft as explained by AMS. Sent an email to my hospital.

I did not touch the pump the whole day resetted again. Now it is working fine, I just do not press the deflation valve for longer duratio or with full force just enough to get some fluid out oy cylinders.

Strangely, before this i had to pump the implant 50-60 times to get barely hard but not really hard. But I can now get 65% hard just by 5 pumps and adding some half pumps (2 or 3) make it really That is good but also strange, bulb is hard again after resetting. I also started puliing my pump down and moving my sahft sideways up and down and pulling forward.

I can see my girt increasing form 5inches to --> 5.25 inches
and length is less as compared to pre op_ its 6.25--> 5.7

Bone pressed is 6 inches and pre op it was 6.75

Annoyed31 - that is normal operation for the MS pump. You press and hold for a few seconds and it will continue to deflate after you release it. Squeeze your penis and bend or push in on it to deflate it as much as possible if you want. Once it stops "buzzing" you can just give the bulb a quick squeeze to get the "pop" and put it back into inflate mode. You don't need to continually hold the button to deflate, if you do, you're not pressing hard enough or in the right spot to "lock" it into deflate mode. Hope this helps you out.
AMS 700 CX 21cm x 12mm with 1.5cm RTE, MS pump, and Conceal Reservoir. Implanted on 4-12-2023 removed and replaced 6-22-23 with the same, 1st implant surgery had pinhole leak in left cylinder. Now awaiting third surgery unknown failure.

Return to “Implants”