Struggling with AMS pump.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
annoyed31

Struggling with AMS pump.

Postby annoyed31 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:16 am

Hi,

Its my 10th day of cycling, i am struggling with the pump. Today while deflating the deflation button got stuck and it was deflating withouteven touching the button. After 10 minuts i could inflate or deflate again.

[list=]50-60% is rached after almost 50-60 pumps
Full inflation (70-90%)takes 15 minute of pumping[/list]

Has anyboy had this issue. ? I am little bit worried that it will get defected soon.

Thanks
Veno-Occulsive ED for 10+ years. Implanted 7.2023 AMS 700. Osmonov Germany

annoyed31

Re: Struggling with AMS pump.

Postby annoyed31 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:22 am

->It is stuck again!!

Shall i reset the pump following this link:

https://www.bostonscientific.com/conten ... -id-ml.pdf

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:04 am

I’ve got a Titan genesis, so i’m unable to help you with this. I’m guessing that the pump reset can’t hurt since that’s why the procedure exists. Are you stuck fully inflated? I imagine that’s very uncomfortable since when i cycle and am pumped to max for 1 hour i am eager to get the pressure off. Good luck!
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:06 am

annoyed31 wrote:->It is stuck again!!

Shall i reset the pump following this link:

https://www.bostonscientific.com/conten ... -id-ml.pdf

Yes you can use that. Heat is also a good thing as it will soften the device and help it work better. There is a complete trouble shooting section that was the DVD that came in my AMS package. If you don't have that DVD it is online at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwp0YfSLxIU
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

SWorks17

Postby SWorks17 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:33 pm

I'm glad I haven't had any problems with my MS pump. It did take a little breaking in though, one of the Boston Scientific Patient Champions told me to hold the deflate button in for 8 seconds rather than the 4 seconds that is on the instructions.
Now that I'm almost two years out from surgery everything is pretty easy. If I want to totally empty the implant tubes, I'll hold the deflate button down and squeeze my dick a few times until I don't hear anymore fluid coming out of the tubes, but most of the time, I just press the deflate button and let it deflate on its own leaving a small amount of fluid in the tubes for a nice fuller flaccid dick.

Good luck,
I hope things get better,
S-Works
Age 66, Garden Ridge Texas, Progressive ED after Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18 w 3cm rear tips installed 5 Nov 2021 by Dr Shane Barney, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Married 35 years

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:13 pm

from the video that I see, it deflates neither more nor less than my titan one touch, I absolutely don't see that it deflates completely, about 40/50% of the fluid remains in the cylinders, so seeing this video the ams system also needs to squeeze the penis to deflate it to 20%, as no implant deflates completely
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:22 pm

frank66665 wrote:from the video that I see, it deflates neither more nor less than my titan one touch, I absolutely don't see that it deflates completely, about 40/50% of the fluid remains in the cylinders, so seeing this video the ams system also needs to squeeze the penis to deflate it to 20%, as no implant deflates completely

When my Ams MS pump is in deflate mode now, fluid will only flow from the cylinders back into the reservoir. It did not fully switch in the beginning, and I had some auto refill. But now even if I do not squeeze my penis fluid will move back into the reservoir as I move around and do work around the house and outside. It will over time move enough fluid that the cylinders will become a bit uncomfortable. When that happens, I need to switch to inflate mode to put some fluid back into the cylinders. A lot of the time I will switch to deflate mode and when it deflates enough to be comfortable, I will switch it to inflate mode to keep fluid in the cylinders. Difficult to show in that short video but if the man dressed and was active in deflate mode fluid would continue to move back into the reservoir. You are correct in that the implants do not completely empty. Mine gets pretty close though if I do not cycle for a few days and leave it in deflate mode.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

66 years young.

Jage64

Postby Jage64 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:56 pm

I've posted this many times before, but I originally could pump ~70-100 times and never get to to the point the pump could not be pumped. I would read about guys getting the pump to the point it was like a marble and their dicks were like steel rods, I couldn't get there. I had been cycling but was getting a little concerned. I contacted the doc and asked if there was a bypass in the pump that might be malfunctioning, he said there wasn't and to just keep cycling.

Then I finally jumped in the hot tub with my wife and gave it a try. Each pump from flaccid my dick would get noticeably harder and start to rise up. At 12 pumps I was nearly fully erect, and at 15 pumps I could barely get another pump in, as the bulb was like a marble. I did the exercises and got in another pump or two and my shaft was aching with the stretch! HALLELUJAH!

Ever since then, I'm rock hard at less than 20 pumps, can have PIV sex at 10. I can't say FOR SURE that the 104 degree hot tub made a difference, but it seems like more than a coincidence to me. Now when I get in the hot tub it feels like I'm giving my implant and the pump a bit of a tune-up. I assume something softened up and seated when it got that warm.
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:42 pm

Just a note of caution you need to follow your doctors' instructions about not taking baths or time in a hot tub. I used an electric heating pad I had plugged in and in my bed and would cycle morning and night. Dry heat that really helped my pump work. It also promotes healing and help your tissue relax. So, if you are not cleared for baths yet then you need dry heat. This would be until the incision is fully healed and there is not a chance of infection at that location. I would turn it on a few minutes before going to bed. Then when I climbed in bed it was warm. I would point my penis up and use it to cover the underside of my penis and scrotum. Wait a few minutes and then start cycling. In the morning I would turn it on and head to the bathroom to pee and then come back to bed and repeat. Really helps things out as the pumps can be tight and sticky.

66 years young.

annoyed31

Postby annoyed31 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:08 am

The problem was deflation, If i press deflation button for 4 seconds. The fluid goes back from cylinders to reservior. But if i stop pressing the defaltion button i could still feel vibration and fluid moving back to reservior. Further if i pressed cylinders withou pressing deflation button there was still vibration and fluid was moving back.

I checked with AMS guide, I could not find this issue. It felt like the deflation button was stuck (pressed).

I stopped touching the implant for the whole day and the next day i carefully resetted the mechanism by pressing the deflation block for 3-4seconds, and thn pressing deflation for 3-4 seconds after that. The pump inflated properly than and again same problem.

I then resetted again stretched the shaft as explained by AMS. Sent an email to my hospital.

I did not touch the pump the whole day resetted again. Now it is working fine, I just do not press the deflation valve for longer duratio or with full force just enough to get some fluid out oy cylinders.

Strangely, before this i had to pump the implant 50-60% to get fairly hard but not really hard. But I can now get 6ß% hard just by 5 pumps and adding some half pumps make it really That is good but also strange, bulb is hard again after resetting. I also started puliing my pump down and moving my sahft sideways up and down and pulling forward.

I can see my girt increasing form 5inches to --> 5.25 inches
and length is less as compared to pre op_ its 6.25--> 5.7

Bone pressed is 6 inches and pre op it was 6.75

Return to “Implants”