Appt made....

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
billylee

Appt made....

Postby billylee » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:45 pm

Made the first step. Have appt with Morey for Dec and hoping for cancellation to get in sooner. Excited.
b
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

Bionic_by_AMS

Re: Appt made....

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:16 pm

billylee,
Congrats! ... while you are awaiting your appointment ... I would highly recommend a VED (vacuum pump) to get the maximum "stretch" prior to your surgery.

If Insured your URO can set you up with a "medical grade" VED ... otherwise you can find a wide variety here:
http://www.vitalitymedical.com/penis-pump.html or at Amazon.com if you want to go the cheap route.
Typical cheap but effective pump: http://www.amazon.com/California-Exotic-Novelties-1030-00-3-Bullfighter/dp/B002JINMG0/
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

billylee

Postby billylee » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:37 pm

Thanks for reply bio. Did VED for ED first but did not like ring especially for spontanous action. After doing lots of research and deciding to start making up my mind to surgeon, I started using VED (in late August) almost daily for 5-15 minutes. Sure like what I see during and even at immediate release. Hope flacid after IPP is as good as I am right after taking tupe off, girth is much better......and sure hope I can pump IPP to what I can with VED, or even close. Anxious for first visit with Morey to hear what to expect.

BTW, Medicare was a big help on VED, hopefully on IPP also, or of course I will not be able to get it done.
b
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:41 am

billylee wrote:I started using VED (in late August) almost daily for 5-15 minutes

That's great ... however 5-15 min. is not enough to achieve the results you want. Try increasing to an hour or at least as much as time allows.
Hope flacid after IPP is as good as I am right after taking tupe off, girth is much better

The general "rule-of-thumb" is to pull your flaccid penis straight out, as far as possible ... now look down, that is about the length size you will get from an erect Implant.

Yes your flaccid size should be bigger than your existing size now ... a lot (lengthwise) depends on the size cylinders used during the surgery. That's why it's important to VED prior to surgery.
sure hope I can pump IPP to what I can with VED, or even close

You can NOT compare your expected size to what you get from a VED ... you will be more likely close to the "Flaccid Stretch Test" ... don't fixate on "size" so much. The relief from no more disappointments from ED more than makes up for it ... as it will "get up" each and every time, for as long as needed. Even if you climax first, you can keep going ... and going (Energizer Bunny effect).

You can see my results here: http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1709
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

Dave92014

Postby Dave92014 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:19 am

billylee wrote:BTW, Medicare was a big help on VED, hopefully on IPP also, or of course I will not be able to get it done.
b

I have medicare part B and D plus a Medigap F plan. My total out of pocket cost for my implant was $6 copay for the two post-op pills.

Dave
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

newly1

Postby newly1 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:32 pm

Implanted yesterday. home today. One question I thought i was getting AmsLGX, my uro said i d\id. he said my crook in my dick was not bad after he injecvted it AMS 700 MS?????

billylee

Postby billylee » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:18 pm

Newly,
Did you use Morey? I will leave choice to surgeon and although I may think I prefer lgx, he and the ams rep that is possibly present should know best. Choosing a surgeon who does numerous IPP a year gives me confidence in proper device being used.

Dave,
I do have medicare and BCBS supplement.

Thanks guys......keep us posted newly.
Bill

Dave92014

Postby Dave92014 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:06 pm

newly1 wrote:Implanted yesterday. home today. One question I thought i was getting AmsLGX, my uro said i d\id. he said my crook in my dick was not bad after he injecvted it AMS 700 MS?????

LGX is the type of cylinders. MS (momentary squeeze) is the type of pump. So you probably got an AMS LGX with MS pump. At the first appointment after my surgery my doc gave me a wallet card to carry that has a brief description of what hardware he installed. He circled which version of hardware I had. It is good to carry that card with you in case you have a medical emergency or in the remotely possible case that an airport scan raises questions.

Dave
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

Return to “Implants”