It's DONE. New implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
beachbum1

It's DONE. New implant

Postby beachbum1 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:05 pm

Ok my 7 year old implant completely died 2/ 3 weeks ago. Already had surgery scheduled. Well that surgery was today. I'm now the proud owner of a new implant. Never got to talk to the Dr, either before or after. But I go back to see him in the morning to get the catheter removed and what ever else. They said , the nurses, that everything went good with no issues. Was in surgery about an hour. Glad all that's over.
Now let the healing start. Feels like he was able to get the old reservoir out. That's where most
of the current pain/discomfort is right now.
I'll get more details tomorrow.
Had to join again as beachbum1. Was and am beachbum but chat has blocked me from a few members
First implanted AMS 700 CX 18+3, in Sept of 2016. Replacement AMS 700 CX 21+2 in August 2023

gandalfasfhaf

Re: It's DONE. New implant

Postby gandalfasfhaf » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:19 pm

Congrats on the new toy.

As someone considering an implant I'm interested that you've just had your first implant. 7 years+ is quite a solid amount of time to enjoy the implant.

How has it been over that time?

How is the transition been to a new one? I know it's just done but pre-second implant.

beachbum1

Postby beachbum1 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:57 pm

The overall satisfaction with my first implant was probably 95%+.. there's always going to be something your not completely satisfied with. For me the biggest and best part, the thing that did the best for me was the mental boost it gave me just knowing that anytime I can have an erection and for as long as I wanted.
As far as the transition to yhe new, I don't foresee any trouble.
Had to join again as beachbum1. Was and am beachbum but chat has blocked me from a few members
First implanted AMS 700 CX 18+3, in Sept of 2016. Replacement AMS 700 CX 21+2 in August 2023

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:16 pm

Congrats. Something I hope to never experience.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

GoodWood

Postby GoodWood » Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:42 pm

Congrats!!
55yo, NYC. ED started at 40. 50 units BiMix + Atropine (Pap 30/Phen 6/Atr 0.2). Prostaglandins caused aching. Doses increasing. A cock ring helps. Phallosan Forte tension devise to maintain size. Eager to talk about implant experiences.

Gumbeari

Postby Gumbeari » Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:56 pm

beachbum1 wrote:The overall satisfaction with my first implant was probably 95%+.. there's always going to be something your not completely satisfied with.

What were some of the things you were unsatisfied with? And did you stick with the same model implant?

gandalfasfhaf

Postby gandalfasfhaf » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:29 pm

Great to hear BeachBum, best wishes on recovery.

beachbum1

Postby beachbum1 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:48 pm

Gumbeari wrote:
beachbum1 wrote:The overall satisfaction with my first implant was probably 95%+.. there's always going to be something your not completely satisfied with.

What were some of the things you were unsatisfied with? And did you stick with the same model implant?

Probably the biggest is its not spontaneous you have to pump it up. And you could see the tubing at times. But none of that would keep me from getting the replacement. It just means that much for my well being

awb651

Postby awb651 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:37 pm

Congratulations . . . . yeah that tubing, my implant in January had tubing coiled up in the scrotum, finally convinced the dr it was BIG problem (testicle discomfort, etc) and revised 2 months ago so much better comfort and appearance wise.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:45 pm

awb651 wrote:Congratulations . . . . yeah that tubing, my implant in January had tubing coiled up in the scrotum, finally convinced the dr it was BIG problem (testicle discomfort, etc) and revised 2 months ago so much better comfort and appearance wise.

Did your revision involve replacement of any major parts or just splicing tubing? Or just repositioning the tubing?

I have never been particularly happy with my pump placement (a bulge shows by "printing" through snug briefs). My surgeon believes the risk of surgery is not worth the improvement in what is essentially a cosmetic appearance, so we have not fixed it.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”