Implant question

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Uncle Bill

Implant question

Postby Uncle Bill » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:25 pm

I had a set back and need to postpone my implant because of an over enlarged prostate. My doctor said it needs to be addressed first because it could cause problems with the implant surgery. Either Greenlight or TURP's procedure is recommended. Has anyone else had the same issue?
Also how can I find out how many implant procedures my implant surgeon has done?

Lost Sheep

Re: Implant question

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:33 pm

The usual way to find out how many surgeries a surgeon has done is to ask. Often a patient will ask if the surgeon will ask former patients to contact the prospective patient to give testimonials.

Is it confirmed that the enlargement of the prostate is due to benign causes? If your medicos are talking about TURP, I would be asking rather pointed questions. Of course, I am sensitive to the prospect of prostate cancer because I was just diagnosed with it and have been steeping in the subject for the past four months.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

SWorks17

Re: Implant question

Postby SWorks17 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:56 am

Uncle Bill wrote:I had a set back and need to postpone my implant because of an over enlarged prostate. My doctor said it needs to be addressed first because it could cause problems with the implant surgery. Either Greenlight or TURP's procedure is recommended. Has anyone else had the same issue?
Also how can I find out how many implant procedures my implant surgeon has done?

Uncle Bill, I had a benign enlarged prostrate which was found before I had my implant. My doctor wanted to do the prostrate procedure before I got the implant. I had the Boston Scientific procedure called Rezum done 19 May 2021 and I had to wait till I healed to have the implant done, but because of COVID and the availability of surgical operating rooms for elective surgeries I had to wait 5 months before I could get the implant. I could have probably got it at the 3 month point. I did a lot of VED use to keep my length in that time, because after the procedure I had total ED, pills wouldn't do anything.
The Rezum procedure uses steam injections into the prostrate to kill tissue that has enlarged inside the prostrate. If you google it, I'm sure you can find info on it. With the steam injections, I'm pretty sure some of the nerves were hit which caused total ED.
I've heard that the Green Light Lazer will take care of the problem and you will still be able to ejaculate.
If you go the TURP route, it will solve the problem but you will have retrograde ejaculation, because it will go to your bladder.
I can still ejaculate after the Rezum procedure but at my age, I was already starting to have less volume of ejaculate. I miss having that satisfying large amount of cum when I was younger, but at least I still have some.
I would do some more research before picking which one.
One of my Road bike cycling friends had the TURP procedure and he said that he could pee like a horse, he is also divorced and hasn't remarried and is older than me (72).
I'm not sure of the healing period after the green light procedure and if it will affect any of the nerves down there, but mine did take a good bit of time to heal and to pee normal again.

Good Luck Uncle Bill,
I hope I have helped you some
S-Works
Age 66, Garden Ridge Texas, Progressive ED after Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18 w 3cm rear tips installed 5 Nov 2021 by Dr Shane Barney, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Married 35 years

Return to “Implants”