Where is the Pump Supposed to Sit Exactly?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
WV_Chris

Re: Where is the Pump Supposed to Sit Exactly?

Postby WV_Chris » Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:31 am

robcb1 wrote:My pump sits nice and low at the bottom of my scrotum below and between my testicles. The pump is below the deflate block. Perfect. My doctor told me to gently pull down on the pump from day one. Glad I did. I had the infrapubic surgery

I too had infrapubic surgery and my pump sits kind of weird. Both testicles are currently very high in my scrotum and the pump below. Right testicle is freer too move but left testicle is snug. The pump bulb is riding angled with the bulb very forward towards my shaft and the release block sitting much deeper. My scrotum is super tight and holding very close to my body. I try desperately to pull down on the pump but it's pretty tight up against my left testicle and hurts to dig for a grip to pull down on it.

Any suggestions? If I don't pull down until later on, when things are a little more healed, am I going to run into difficulties inflating and deflating? I have been trying to at a minimum, push it around, keeping it moving freely.

robcb1

Postby robcb1 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:59 pm

WV_Chris wrote:
robcb1 wrote:My pump sits nice and low at the bottom of my scrotum below and between my testicles. The pump is below the deflate block. Perfect. My doctor told me to gently pull down on the pump from day one. Glad I did. I had the infrapubic surgery

I too had infrapubic surgery and my pump sits kind of weird. Both testicles are currently very high in my scrotum and the pump below. Right testicle is freer too move but left testicle is snug. The pump bulb is riding angled with the bulb very forward towards my shaft and the release block sitting much deeper. My scrotum is super tight and holding very close to my body. I try desperately to pull down on the pump but it's pretty tight up against my left testicle and hurts to dig for a grip to pull down on it.

Any suggestions? If I don't pull down until later on, when things are a little more healed, am I going to run into difficulties inflating and deflating? I have been trying to at a minimum, push it around, keeping it moving freely.

Your story sounds much the same as mine. I was where you are right after the surgery when it comes to the pump/testicles position and the tightness in my scrotum.

Nevertheless, I did the best I could to gently pull down on the pump every time I peed. Eventually, as I continued to heal, it was much easier to continue to pull down on the pump, and it settled into a perfect position.

I’m no doctor, so if you have concerns, you should definitely get your doctor’s guidance, but it sounds as if you’re right on track. Keep doing what you’re doing, and you should be fine.
Implanted 8/23/22. Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE’s, infrapubic. Married 40 years.

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:49 pm

For me the best spot for the pump is at the base of the scrotum. Easy to get to and the testicles do not get on the way. On my first revision they left it too high and it was almost at the base of the penis. I made sure I told the surgeon on my second revision exactly where I wanted it. He done a great job. My surgery on both revisions were threw the scrotum. Preferred over the other.
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

Return to “Implants”