Payment plans

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Marktheman05

Payment plans

Postby Marktheman05 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:12 am

Do doctors give you the option of a payment plan if insurance does not cover it? The implants are too expensive for me to pay out of pocket but I could be set up on a payment plan and pay so much every month if they would do that.

newbie443

Re: Payment plans

Postby newbie443 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:34 am

Marktheman05 wrote:Do doctors give you the option of a payment plan if insurance does not cover it? The implants are too expensive for me to pay out of pocket but I could be set up on a payment plan and pay so much every month if they would do that.

This has been discussed before but I'm not sure what you would put in the search to find it. Common response is to get a VED to prevent size loss and knuckle down by stopping any expenses you can and build a savings account. Another is to use a property (home, RV, car, ect,) to secure a loan at a lower interest rate. Rates are up now so this is going to cost you if you can't save the money with cost saving or a part time job. And the other thing is what happens if you need a reoperation? There is a company that has self-pay medical that includes penile implants. They even have insurance for the first year up to a certain amount from a 3rd party company. And it appears that they have financing. https://surgeo.com/financing Again I would build up as much cash as possible to reduce the amount borrowed. And read the fine print. Early payoff can save a tom of interest if you pay additional dollars at the beginning of the loan. Maybe use 1/2 for the surgery and keep 1/2 and if everything goes well you can pay on the loan. I do not know anything about Surgeo's financing. A local Credit Union or bank might be a better option. You will just have to do the research.

Good luck.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Time2Change

Re: Payment plans

Postby Time2Change » Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:35 am

My insurance did cover my implant.

But I remember being offered information about a payment plan during the time I was being checked into the hospital for my operation.
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

Return to “Implants”